DDOS - Blackmail- And Microsoft profiting from crime.

Discus and support DDOS - Blackmail- And Microsoft profiting from crime. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last weekend I was the victim of a cyber attack after some creep heard my voice while playing call of duty on xbox and thought it was sexy. He used a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PlushPinupGirl, Jul 25, 2018.

1. DDOS - Blackmail- And Microsoft profiting from crime.

Last weekend I was the victim of a cyber attack after some creep heard my voice while playing call of duty on xbox and thought it was sexy. He used a DDOS to kick me offline, bringing me back up long enough to attempt to blackmail me into sending sexual
    photographs. I don't care who you are that's a sex crime and a terrorist act attempting to instill fear and force me to cooperate.

I immediately unplugged my router and called my ISP. Those are the set protocols for that kind of attack. My isp emergency tech told me what happened and said to replace my router for a new one on monday to be safe.

Fast forward to monday.

I drive to my isp's office and bring in the router like i was told to. Now... I've got ptsd. I was sexually assaulted and while performing as a comedian once had a stalker. I am paranoid enough that i don't even put my real name on social media. So i was devastated
    that someone made me feel so violated already. But what the ISP manager said to me was ten times worse.

While standing there, feeling like i could finally breathe for the first time because i was getting a clean router, this woman walked up and without any pleasantries, informed me that if it happened again, i would receive a lifetime ban from their internet
    service.

I was floored. I immediately explained exactly what happened. Even told her i had the screenshot to prove i was attacked and blackmailed. I told her i had done nothing wrong other than have a voice this creep found attractive. She looked at me and said she
    didn't need customers like me. She was angry that i had called her at 130am on a Saturday and that the attacker knocked out the whole network when i did what i was supposed to and unplugged the router.

I burst into tears. It was too much. I told her she was victim blaming. I told her i had ptsd and would not invite someone to target me. I didn't trash talk. I didn't call anyone out. I was just a girl playing a video game. She said it stood. Her exact
    words were... "well that's where we're at. If it happens again you'll be banned." I asked what she wanted me to do to be safe if that person did target me and somehow found a way to threaten me again and she said don't piss them off.

I'll let that sink in.

Essentially, what the manager of ChoiceTel told me was that if that person happened to find me again and told me to send him nudes or he would DDOS me again... i better not piss him off.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUNK?

At what point did it become okay to say... let someone rape you or you're in trouble?

Because let's face facts.... even if he's physically on the other side of the world, if someone is forcing you through fear and intimidation into any kind of sexual act you are being raped of your own basic human rights.

And the worst part is that i was frozen. I couldn't even say what i was thinking because they are the only highspeed internet provider where i live and they've only been here themselves for a year. So if they ban you from the internet... you're stuck in
    the woods with no connection. I use wifi in order to even have a cell connection out here.

Even after all of that, Microsoft is the worst offender of all. When i desperately called Microsoft and told them everything including the screen names and the screenshot proving i was being blackmailed for sexual conduct, Microsoft support said the only
    way to be actually safe from this guy is to change my Gamer tag. Then she said she could do that but I have to pay Microsoft almost 10 dollars for it.

So... essentially... MICROSOFT IS PROFITING OFF OF SEX CRIME. If that's too specific... then they are definitely profiting off of criminal activity.

I can understand if you just hate your gamer tag. I get it... if you don't want to be squishybooboo forever and decide to change your tag frivolously then yeah you gotta pay for the service. But Microsoft had proof i was being blackmailed and still wants
    to make money off of my fear of this malicious gamer.

And please... don't copy and paste the ridiculous policy about it not being Microsoft's fault because it's happen in g to the ip not through xbox... because the xbox is the medium with which these perverts are obtaining our ip addresses. Microsoft is a corporation.
    It's the bottom line.

I am returning my xbox and will avoid all microsoft products in the future. 4 friends after reading about this have all sold their xbox's because of how disgusted they were with this.

The sad part is...i don't blame microsoft for the ddos.. had they just offered to reset my Gamer tag id still be an xbox girl... but the second they knew what was going on and tried to profit from that... they lost every drop of my respect.

Now they will do what they do and delete this. Or delete things they don't like about it. But at least someone will know who they are actually moderating for.

The gamer btw uses at least 4 names. [Mod Removed]

Im sure that will be redacted by microsoft too.

:)

PlushPinupGirl, Jul 25, 2018
  2. Xbox and Microsoft corruption

Sounds more that you've been the victim of a DDoS attack and they are trying to blackmail you into paying them to stop.

If Microsoft really were charging people to unban them, don't you think it would be in the news somewhere?

By the way, Phil Spencer doesn't run Microsoft. That would be Satya Nadella.

LodgedBonsai923, Jul 25, 2018
  3. ED kRevali
    ED kRevali Guest
    Hacker

You could confess for a crime way worse than that over messages and still the enforcement team won't be able to do anything from ban the guy, a ddos attack is a concern that you can report to your local police department if they happen to have a informatic
    crime division or whatever is called

ED kRevali, Jul 25, 2018
  4. DDOS - Blackmail- And Microsoft profiting from crime.

Firstly, I am sorry that you have had to put up with a creep like that. May I suggest contacting your local law enforcement and at least logging the incident. Your ISP sucks, they should investigate the offence against thier servers. The moderators will
    take down the gamertags as you should never call them out on the forum. If you have a message on your Xbox from this person, report it, mute and block that profile, in fact mute and block all profiles you believe are connected. For further help read up on
    the information here: enforcement.xbox.com

Njal the Blue, Jul 25, 2018
  5. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    The people who do a DDOS attack run their Xbox through their PC and use software to monitor the connection their Xbox makes to other players and then they can find your IP. It's usually when they join a party that you're in.

The actual DDOS occurs comes from that person and the ISP that they are using to your ISP and IP address that your ISP has provided to your modem/router. Often, your ISP can assist in helping you get a new IP address.

Since the DDOS outside of the Xbox Network, Xbox/Microsoft doesn't have anything to do with that issue. And in no way does Microsoft profit from this at all.

FAQs About DoS and DDoS Attacks on Xbox One

Whatever platform your on, PC (steam), Xbox or Playstation you're going to be faced with a DDOS on anyone of those platforms

HAZMAT RADIO, Jul 25, 2018
  6. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Go to the police. File a complaint against your isp.

In the meantime I’d change your gamertag regardless. 10 bucks for a bit a peace of mind isn’t asking much.

brandiesel1, Nov 3, 2018
  7. brandiesel1 Win User

Go to the police. File a complaint against your isp.

In the meantime I’d change your gamertag regardless. 10 bucks for a bit a peace of mind isn’t asking much.
  8. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

The people who do a DDOS attack run their Xbox through their PC and use software to monitor the connection their Xbox makes to other players and then they can find your IP. It's usually when they join a party that you're in.

The actual DDOS occurs comes from that person and the ISP that they are using to your ISP and IP address that your ISP has provided to your modem/router. Often, your ISP can assist in helping you get a new IP address.

Since the DDOS outside of the Xbox Network, Xbox/Microsoft doesn't have anything to do with that issue. And in no way does Microsoft profit from this at all.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/dos-attacks-faq

Whatever platform your on, PC (steam), Xbox or Playstation you're going to be faced with a DDOS on anyone of those platforms
  9. Njal the Blue Win User

Firstly, I am sorry that you have had to put up with a creep like that. May I suggest contacting your local law enforcement and at least logging the incident. Your ISP sucks, they should investigate the offence against thier servers. The moderators will
    take down the gamertags as you should never call them out on the forum. If you have a message on your Xbox from this person, report it, mute and block that profile, in fact mute and block all profiles you believe are connected. For further help read up on
    the information here: enforcement.xbox.com
  10. LodgedBonsai923 Win User

Xbox and Microsoft corruption

Sounds more that you've been the victim of a DDoS attack and they are trying to blackmail you into paying them to stop.

If Microsoft really were charging people to unban them, don't you think it would be in the news somewhere?

By the way, Phil Spencer doesn't run Microsoft. That would be Satya Nadella.
  11. H3PA80R Win User

DDOS

Also when they did a DDOS you should taalk to your ISP and your local law enforcement. They could do more with it since DDOS is a crime.
Thema:

1. DDOS - Blackmail- And Microsoft profiting from crime. - Similar Threads - DDOS Blackmail Microsoft

2. How do i stop a ddos attack?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i stop a ddos attack?: Alright, ima start off strong by saying xbox is not secure at all and ive been getting ddos attacked multiple times and havent been able to play for atleast a week every time. it says 100% packet...
  3. ddos attack on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    ddos attack on pc: hello i was just attacked by a ddossed in a online game called rainbow six siege and would like to know if i can fix what he did to my wifi router and if there's a way to get compensation from any...
  4. How do I report a DDOS or Boot threat on my xbox account if every time I report through the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I report a DDOS or Boot threat on my xbox account if every time I report through the...: I got a threat from a random account that I played 2k23 with saying he will boot me offline then kept texting me nonstop harassing me I didn't block until 20 mins later because I was trying to...
  5. Ddos Xbox not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ddos Xbox not working: I got ddosd last night through a gta lobby (Ofc) my internet is no longer working and my Xbox is unusable, Xbox support is THE worst support ever, can anyone help me or point me in the right...
  6. How do I get help to stop DDOS attacks against my xbox and account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get help to stop DDOS attacks against my xbox and account: My console is being targeted by Rainbow six siege players who are continously monitoring my xbox ip address and as soon as they see that I'm playing Siege they send packets to my address and kick...
  7. Someone is attempting to ddos people

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone is attempting to ddos people: Someone named [mod removed] admitted to having a ddosing group and I want to protect other from his group called [mod removed] 26409f50-743f-4b55-b947-dbea3a8389ac
  8. Why dont Microsoft actually care about people threatening with DDOS attacks but will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why dont Microsoft actually care about people threatening with DDOS attacks but will...: This is honestly starting to draw me away from xbox right now. You guys do absolutely nothing when people do actual illegal things but instantly ban if an adult says 1 swear word??? Seems pretty...
  9. Where do i report accounts threatening to ddos

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where do i report accounts threatening to ddos: already blocked their main because they kept harassing me. The first message says "thought u were safe because you blocked, nah" [mod removed] 48ac9e32-d1ae-43df-b300-8e9d709b5b68
  10. How to report DDoS attackers

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to report DDoS attackers: Hey everyone, it's yo boi Rukario, I've encountered a player that DDoSed me for a few minutes, knocked down my internet, couldn't access anything. And no before we raced, my internet was crystal...