Day One Xbox One console disk drive issues.

Discus and support Day One Xbox One console disk drive issues. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Been dealing with various stuttering and grinding noises coming from my day one Xbox One for over a year now but it's finally started not being able to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by djteasy, Jun 5, 2016.

1. djteasy
    djteasy Guest

Been dealing with various stuttering and grinding noises coming from my day one Xbox One for over a year now but it's finally started not being able to read some, if not most, of the disks I've got while making those noises.

Warranty ran out about the same time the noises started so pretty unlucky it didn't cause problems straight away or I would of sent it in for repair immediately.

And I've only recently read that the disk drive issues were a production problem with the day one editions and they had been replaced free of charge at the start, so hoping this means my warranty being expired is no issue considering I haven't yet claimed
    what is pretty much a consumer right to repair an admitted manufacturing problem? Because I honestly don't think it's fair to charge the £84 service/replacement quoted in the servicing section.

:)

djteasy, Jun 5, 2016
  2. Buying used Xbox one

Oh yeah make sure to test out the disk drive before you buy it. Some of the launch xbox ones (including mines) had issue with the disc drive no reading and making a loud buzzing noise.

LamaBraveheart, Jun 5, 2016
  3. Xbox One disk drive not working

I recently bought the Xbox One and for some reason the disk got stuck inside the consoles disk drive. I then followed this method to get the disk out manually https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/manually-eject-disk
    I got the disk out but now the disk drive doesn't work. When I try to insert a game it wont go in.

Elias_Benbourenane, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Hi djteasy,

Sorry you're having issues with your console. What you're describing does sound like a hardware failure. I've not heard of any special extended warranty for hardware issues on the Xbox One. As such, I would recommend sending your console in for repair using
    this link

Hordie, Jun 6, 2016
  5. Hordie Win User

Hi djteasy,

Sorry you're having issues with your console. What you're describing does sound like a hardware failure. I've not heard of any special extended warranty for hardware issues on the Xbox One. As such, I would recommend sending your console in for repair using
    this link
  6. OllyBongo89 Win User

day one edition console disk drive issue

yeah, I have already sent my Xbox one to Frankfurt Germany for a service repair and this is the one I had sent back to me with the issue :(
  7. Daft Badger Win User

I'm on my 5th xbox one now due to the exact same issue on 4 other consoles.

The 5th one is now experiencing the same thing.

You can try deleting the Blu-ray app & doing a factory reset but in my experience it'll need to be sent of for repair or just playing digital games i'm afraid.
  8. Daft Badger Win User

Same here,all the ones they've sent back have developed the same issue.
  9. tiswan Win User

Day One Xbox - Disk Drive Issue.

update: Decided to call into Xbox again this morning and got a really nice guy to review my case, he was understanding of the issue and promised a call from the team that helps out in these situations. Hope that they actually call and help me out! :)
Thema:

1. Day One Xbox One console disk drive issues. - Similar Threads - console disk drive

2. Stuck at Black screen on Xbox console

in XboX Insiders
    Stuck at Black screen on Xbox console: I was getting stuck at the green Xbox screen. I did a factory reset and now it's stuck on the black screen. How do I fix this? Please and thank you. submitted by /u/uvasag [link] [comments]
  3. Rocket League workshop maps on Xbox consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Rocket League workshop maps on Xbox consoles: I want to play workshop maps on Rocket League. However, that feature isn’t available on Xbox. I was wondering if you guys at Xbox can work with Psyonix (the creators/developers of Rocket League)...
  4. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  5. Latest Alpha skip ahead Broke my console

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Alpha skip ahead Broke my console: So I installed the last alpha skip ahead on to my series s and now it won't turn on. I push the power button it lights up plays chime, sits for a second beeps and turns off. I have it unplugged...
  6. My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 console does not let me log in to my xbox live how can i be able to log in or...: How do i log in my xbox 360 account since it dont let me? fa880fd0-2680-4dc3-999d-21aef2bd8008
  7. On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working: It says I am offline when the consol says I am connected to my internet 023098d0-763f-4e77-ac2e-1c121c25b063
  8. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  9. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  10. Skip console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skip console update: Why am I forced to update my console to continue using it? I'm staying in a hotel with limited daily Wi-Fi usage, and my Xbox has prompted me to either update my console or continue offline. All I...