Day One Xbox - Disk Drive Issue.

Discus and support Day One Xbox - Disk Drive Issue. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, here is my issue. I got a day one Xbox One Titan-Fall bundle system the day it came out here in Australia, unfortunately it was not with a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by warick70, Dec 24, 2014.

1. warick70
    warick70 Guest

Hey guys, here is my issue.

I got a day one Xbox One Titan-Fall bundle system the day it came out here in Australia, unfortunately it was not with a disk but with a download coupon and i used this coupon to get the Titan-Fall game. Now it's Christmas and i have yet to buy any disks
    or play any blu ray disks with the console an-till today! I put the New Halo: Master Chief Edition Disk in the disk drive and.......... It doesn't read it, it doesn't even spin in the xbox, there is no spinning noise apart from what i assume is the Xbox taking
    the disk and positioning it. In addition i have tried playing blu ray movies now and they are not being read either (I have downloaded the Blu ray app FYI)

The Conditions of the Xbox:

The Xbox lays flat, i have tried with Kinetic plugged and un-plugged, i have tried holding the power button for 5, 10 and 15 seconds letting it shut down fully then waiting 30 - 1 min - 3 minutes before turning back on and nothing. I have downloaded the
    latest updates using wired and wireless (Shouldn't make a difference) and I'm reading that some small portion of Day One Xbox One's come to you broken with faulty disk drives and other faulty hardware.

I have looked at video's of people blowing AIR into the xbox/disk drive... and this is not how it works so i will not do it in fear of breaking a component of the drive and breaking the warranty/not being able to get a replacement. I have tilted the Xbox
    from flat to a 45 degree angle horizontally as seen another video and it did not work for me.

I appear to be one of these few people with a faulty Day One Xbox One. If i am missing some sort of DISK download or you can point me in the direction of how to get in touch with Microsoft or someone who i can talk to to get a replacement/repair fix please
    post here. Thank you for your help in advance.

:)

warick70, Dec 24, 2014
  2. Buying used Xbox one

Oh yeah make sure to test out the disk drive before you buy it. Some of the launch xbox ones (including mines) had issue with the disc drive no reading and making a loud buzzing noise.

LamaBraveheart, Dec 24, 2014
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    day one edition console disk drive issue

Same here,all the ones they've sent back have developed the same issue.

Daft Badger, Dec 24, 2014
  4. OffhandCrowd
    OffhandCrowd Guest

We're having exactly the same problem, except that we just took out of the box last night for our kids for Christmas this morning. I've spent a significant amount of time chatting trying to get this resolved. My kids are wishing we had just stuck with
    upgrading our Wii.

OffhandCrowd, Dec 25, 2014
  5. I also am having the same problem with a brand new xbox one. Get it all setup and no disc will work. Nothing I put in it will recognize. This is a great Christmas present that Microsoft has ruined. My son is so disappointed. This is pityful for a company
    to put a product out that everyone is having problems with and has ruined my sons Christmas. Thanks alot.

HellRazorRulez, Dec 25, 2014
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Hey guys. Sorry to hear it. Can you please try the following steps?

1. Go to Settings

2. Go to My Disc & Blu Ray

3. Uncheck Enable BD Live

4. Click on Clear Persistent Storage 3 times

5. Hold the power button for 10 seconds until the console shuts down

6. Unplug everything from the console and let it sit for 5 minutes.

If that doesn't solve the issue and the console is brand new then I would recommend returning it to the store for an exchange.

onyxishere, Dec 25, 2014
  7. Thanks for the info.....I tried this and other stuff with no resolution. It does not recognize anything put into it. CD/DVD/GAME. It's very sad to find this out on 12-25-2014. What a shame!!!!! I will remember this upon purchasing any future microsoft
    products.

HellRazorRulez, Dec 25, 2014
  8. MrGuster
    MrGuster Guest

I only have this problem with any recent releases. Older releases work fine.

The solution I found is, when inserting the disc, put your index finger in the middle hole of the disc and thumb on the edge. Then as you insert the disc you will hear and feel it grab. Don't release the disc right away, give it a second to tug on your finger
    and then let it go. May not work the first time until you get it figured out.

Hopefully this works for you.

MrGuster, Dec 25, 2014
  9. Same here! Out of the box this morning, did update and then went to try discs will not read anything!!! How disappointing!!! Had since Thanksgiving but didn't want ro ruin Santa by setting it all up!!

UnkemptCloth706, Dec 25, 2014
  10. warick70
    warick70 Guest
    @onyx62is

Thank you for your replay but this "Fix" also didn't work for me, and as of today I have tested 24 other solutions to other peoples problems too with no anvil. I am convinced that I do indeed have a faulty Disk Drive and will be talking it back to the EB
    Games store where i got it from either today, tomorrow or the day after.

As an update for how this goes and what i get told by EB Games Reps, i will post all that here for anyone coming across this thread in the future. Thanx for your time guys.

warick70, Dec 26, 2014
  11. warick70
    warick70 Guest
    Just the update for what happened with my Xbox.

2 days i called up the store i bought the Xbox from and told him i owned a faulty Xbox with a drive that doesn't spin disks, it reels them in but wont spin anything.

The man on the phone asked me when i had bought the Xbox, if i had download the latest update, if i had tried the Xbox Support forums, and if its just game disks or if i could still run Blu Ray disks. I told him i bought the xbox in the month of march 2013
    it was the TitanFall bundle, Yes i have the latest updates, I have also downloaded the Blu Ray app, I have taken the issue to the Xbox Forums and no it couldn't run the Blu Ray movies either.

He then told me to pack up the Xbox One Like I had not opened it up yet with just the console, the controller, and the power block that goes with it and bring it into the store and he will replace it.

Perfect i thought, i was missing the rice paper bags the Xbox and the controller had come in but i placed everything in the Xbox the way it was before I opened it by watching Youtube videos of unboxings.

30 minutes later we got to the store, the same man i talked to took the Xbox case and the controller (I had not put the controller in the box) and then told me when i bought it, it was $599, and that I could, if i want, spend $599 on ANYTHING in EB stores
    in other words, turn it into store credit and this was a done deal.

I used $399 of this money to get a new Xbox bundle that came with the 2 assassins creed games (Black Flag and Unity) and the other $200 was turned into an EB games gift card with no expiry date for use later. I brought it home and tested that it reads the
    game disks and movies both standard and Blu Ray, it hooked up to the internet just fine and downloaded games ran perfectly!

I honestly thought there would be alot of waiting and alot of talking about how i handled it, what i did exactly, and long list of why i couldn't turn it in, but no! I think this faulty Xbox thing MUST be a real issue for some consoles. I am rather happy
    with the console and i am playing through the Halo: Master Chief Collection now.

warick70, Jan 1, 2015
  12. ItsAllCrazy
    ItsAllCrazy Guest
    My Xbox oneso warranty expired already but I just got the disk problem were it sounds like it's trying to eat it. But they play sometimes after about 7 times of putting it in and then ejecting it. I contacted the support but I cano get any Microsoft employee
    to help me. I don't want to pay to get this stupid problem fixed.

ItsAllCrazy, Jan 1, 2015
  13. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

onyxishere, Jan 2, 2015
  14. tiswan
    tiswan Guest
    Have the same problem and this is my second console. First one failed about 5 weeks after purchasing (day one edition). Called in last week and was offered the rapid exchange, just as the support person was about to process my order the call went dead. Called
    back and waited another 90 minutes to talk with someone. This guy said that he couldn't help me because my support ticket was still open on the previous gals computer and she would need to call me directly. 3 days and 3 emails later I still hadn't heard from
    her. Called in again and the lady said that a unit was already shipped out and I should have it by end of day Friday. Saturday came and still no package so I called support again and this time was told that I don't qualify for rapid exchange and need to send
    in the unit and pay $165 for repair!!! I said this would be fine but they already said they were shipping me one, support said NO and offered two months of gold as a gesture....really??? Like $6 dollars of membership is your apology?

Super disappointed and am no longer a fan of Xbox support, happy to tell all my friends the same. And am now considering taking that $165 on over to Sony...

I too have tried all the suggested steps above, nothing helps.

tiswan, Jan 4, 2015
  15. tiswan
    tiswan Guest
    update: Decided to call into Xbox again this morning and got a really nice guy to review my case, he was understanding of the issue and promised a call from the team that helps out in these situations. Hope that they actually call and help me out! Day One Xbox - Disk Drive Issue. :)

tiswan, Jan 5, 2015
Thema:

1. Day One Xbox - Disk Drive Issue. - Similar Threads - Disk Drive Issue

2. I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...: I do have current Xbox Series X with the disk drive and I can play digitally and physically on the two way on it. The Digital Xbox Series X will to be announced in June and to be released in the...
  3. Will the next xbox have a disk drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will the next xbox have a disk drive?: I hope Xbox does not get rid of the disk drive. If that is the case I know for a fact that the Xbox series x will be my last system. I collect my physical media. 2972ae98-efe9-489b-9a48-d219811b12c3
  4. Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea

in XboX Insiders
    Removing the disk drive on the new Series X is a terrible idea: Microsoft plans to refresh the Series X in 2024 with a new design which eliminates the disk drive. Stating this as plainly as possible, removing the disk drive from the consoles is a slap in the...
  5. Disk drive probably broken.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk drive probably broken.: My xbox disk drive doesn't work . When I put in a disk it would spin for like 3 seconds then stop and it does the same thing over and over and then stop spinning....
  6. Xbox disk drive won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disk drive won’t work: Microsoft. I’m disappointed. My Xbox one disk drive has stoped working. I have only owned this console for one year. I don’t mind that the drive didn’t work with movies. But I’m upset that I can...
  7. xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim disk drive grinding: i've had this console for years and i've kept it in working condition, i'm not sure if the drive is going bad or if its just hitting the top of the drive casing 2c296d71-1f26-4a5b-baff-fdea1c06e17a
  8. Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive...: Will the xbox series s ever be able to run disk games? Like by using an external disk drive? 118863a3-95cc-4416-bde2-d983cb254615
  9. Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S: Can I put a Xbox one (disk drive/disk reader) in my Xbox one S c2abf77f-726c-41ae-8caf-713a9744e6e6
  10. Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive?: Why do you have to turn off Xbox 360 before removing Hard Disk Drive? I tried to find the User's Manual like a PDF File Online but I couldn't. Can someone link me then User's Manual? [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. day one xbox disk drive