day one edition console disk drive issue

Discus and support day one edition console disk drive issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey I was able to use the disk drive to play games when I first got my console for about a week, since then I have just got the insert disk issue. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OllyBongo89, Jul 14, 2016.

1. OllyBongo89
    OllyBongo89 Guest

Hey I was able to use the disk drive to play games when I first got my console for about a week, since then I have just got the insert disk issue.

I can hear it rev up trying to read the disk bu then it just stops after about 20 - -30 sec with insert disk, no error messages.

Is there anything I can do other than sending it off to Microsoft for repair e.g. would a factory reset help at all or am I just wasting my time as I'm stuck playing digital only games as it is

:)

OllyBongo89, Jul 14, 2016
  2. gabedaddie
    gabedaddie Guest
    disk drive

Anybody else get a day one edition with a messed up disk drive ? What steps do I need to take ?

gabedaddie, Jul 14, 2016
  3. OllyBongo89
    OllyBongo89 Guest
    Backwards Compatible game discs won't work in my Xbox One

chill out I got day one edition and the disk drive went a nacker ages back, tries to read then says insert disk on everything... digital only for me now day one edition console disk drive issue :( I mean expensive

4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

I'm on my 5th xbox one now due to the exact same issue on 4 other consoles.

The 5th one is now experiencing the same thing.

You can try deleting the Blu-ray app & doing a factory reset but in my experience it'll need to be sent of for repair or just playing digital games i'm afraid.

Daft Badger, Jul 14, 2016
  5. OllyBongo89
    OllyBongo89 Guest
    yeah, I have already sent my Xbox one to Frankfurt Germany for a service repair and this is the one I had sent back to me with the issue day one edition console disk drive issue :(

6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Same here,all the ones they've sent back have developed the same issue.

Daft Badger, Oct 31, 2018
  7. OllyBongo89 Win User

yeah, I have already sent my Xbox one to Frankfurt Germany for a service repair and this is the one I had sent back to me with the issue :(
  8. Daft Badger Win User

I'm on my 5th xbox one now due to the exact same issue on 4 other consoles.

The 5th one is now experiencing the same thing.

You can try deleting the Blu-ray app & doing a factory reset but in my experience it'll need to be sent of for repair or just playing digital games i'm afraid.
  9. Daft Badger Win User

Same here,all the ones they've sent back have developed the same issue.
  10. Hordie Win User

Day One Xbox One console disk drive issues.

Hi djteasy,

Sorry you're having issues with your console. What you're describing does sound like a hardware failure. I've not heard of any special extended warranty for hardware issues on the Xbox One. As such, I would recommend sending your console in for repair using
    this link
  11. OllyBongo89 Win User

Backwards Compatible game discs won't work in my Xbox One

chill out I got day one edition and the disk drive went a nacker ages back, tries to read then says insert disk on everything... digital only for me now :( I mean expensive
Thema:

1. day one edition console disk drive issue - Similar Threads - edition console disk

2. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  3. Rust Console Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rust Console Edition: I was told it is possible to buy Rust Console Edition and play it on a PC / home gaming computer without owning any type of Xbox. Is this correct ? If correct, how can I set it up? Thank you...
  4. Question for my console Xbox Series X- Halo Edition: Anyone know why home dashboard is...

in XboX Insiders
    Question for my console Xbox Series X- Halo Edition: Anyone know why home dashboard is...: I was using my Xbox Series X console last night and all of the sudden the console got stuck in black screen. When I went to Xbox home dashboard to eject the disc with the controller and it won't...
  5. Is Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition Available on XBOX Series X consoles yet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition Available on XBOX Series X consoles yet: I ordered what I thought was Age of Empires IV: Anniversary edition for XBOX Series X, and it turned out to be the PC edition which I already bought through Steam. I’ve asked for a refund of the...
  6. I purchased COD MWII Vault Edition on console along with cross gen bundle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased COD MWII Vault Edition on console along with cross gen bundle: according to https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare-ii/articles/modern-warfare-ii-editions-faq i should have gotten a code or a pc edition of the game even if i bought it on console, yet i...
  7. Company of heroes 3 console edition crashes all the time

in XboX Insiders
    Company of heroes 3 console edition crashes all the time: I have set my Xbox Series X language to Greek, keyboard language to Greek, and location Greece. When I try to launch Company of Heroes 3, the game crashes after a few seconds, when the TV shows...
  8. Hi, I have an xbox series x and I want to play Minecraft xbox one edition on this console....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, I have an xbox series x and I want to play Minecraft xbox one edition on this console....: I want to play this game is my favorite game in the world 7315f427-ddb7-46bc-a2dc-941ccfc2725d
  9. Football Manager 2023 Console edition for PC (Save issue)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Football Manager 2023 Console edition for PC (Save issue): I have an issue with the football manager console edition this last month. I cannot save my games after a while and I get a message that the game cannot be saved and as a result I am losing the...
  10. A consol mi chiede hatd disc [Edit - Translation] - At consol he asks me hatd disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A consol mi chiede hatd disc [Edit - Translation] - At consol he asks me hatd disc: Buon giorno, la consol mi funziona solo con il gioco fifa2011, con tutti gli alti giochi mi chiede di inserire un hard drive, ho provato ad aggiungerne uno esterno ma non è cambiato nulla. Cosa...