Dark Souls Saves

Discus and support Dark Souls Saves in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Long Version:The issue is that I purchased the game dark souls through steam, and saw that it needed games for windows live. I saw this and decided it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ShortwaveRhyme3, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Dark Souls Saves

Long Version:The issue is that I purchased the game dark souls through steam, and saw that it needed games for windows live. I saw this and decided it would be easier just to play it offline. So I made an offline/guest account or something along those lines.
    I put about 100 hours in on this account. Before that point none of my friends played the game so I was content with offline play, but now some of my friends have purchased the game, and would like to play the game with me. the problem is that i have created
    an online account and my saves wont transfer to this account. I have tried massive amounts of file manipulation, i have edited code for the saved files, and much more, but because your software has absolutely absurd anti-cheat systems I can't move 1 measly
    save. Would it at all be possible to convert my offline account to an online account so i can just enjoy this game. Please someone help me, I may hate microsoft for everything short of Office 2010 and earlier and windows 7, but if I could get some help with
    this it might change my opinion of games for windows live.

Short version: can my dark souls saves be moved from an offline account to an online account, and if not can i make a guest account into a normal online account.

Things I've tried:

Moving/renaming saves in documents

Moving/renaming data in appdata

using a hex editor to change data in saves

sketchy downloads

I have not, and will not cheat to modify my online account

PS:This post is in this section because your website is impossible to navigate and had a dead link where game progress is supposed to be; i am in web page design and i think this website is horrible for people who need help with PC based games. And for some
    reason whenever i tried to get help for PC based software it kept directing me to Xbox stuff.

:)

ShortwaveRhyme3, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Squidaniel
    Squidaniel Guest
    Transfer Saves?

Too bad when you "move" it, your Dark Souls save won't show up on the new hard drive.

Squidaniel, Jan 5, 2014
  3. k0rruptiD
    k0rruptiD Guest
    Save file corrupted?

dark souls auto saves, and to quit you need to goto the in game menu and quit, not just turn off the console.

turning it off can corrupt the save.

k0rruptiD, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Dark Souls Saves

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 5, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Dark Souls Saves