Dark colours, that fill nearly the whole screen, turn black, can't see anything.

Discus and support Dark colours, that fill nearly the whole screen, turn black, can't see anything. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello guys, i've got a problem regarding the video of my Xbox360 console. I bought the console second-hand, because i'm a pc gamer, but i had the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CloudsIllusion, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Dark colours, that fill nearly the whole screen, turn black, can't see anything.

Hello guys,

i've got a problem regarding the video of my Xbox360 console. I bought the console second-hand, because i'm a pc gamer, but i had the desire to play some xbox360 exclusive titles, so i bought this console.

The thing is, this problem occurs only with the console and not with other video sources, that feed my TV, so i don't think that it is a matter of tv settings.

Every time, when i'm looking at a dark scene (played games: Gears of war, Skyrim), the screen turns nearly completeley black, but i'm sure, that it's not supposed to happen, you are supposed to still see and recognize all the things that exist in the scene
    but aren't displayed, because it's so dark.

I'm pretty sure, that's not intended to be that way. I have LED LCD TV from Samsung, just bought half a year ago. Connection is HDMI. I don't know what could solve this problem, so i'm very thankful for eventual solutions.

Thank you in advance.

:)

CloudsIllusion, Jun 1, 2014
  2. I can't even check my settings or account, can't play WW2 at all?

when my account signs in, if I select my account the entire screen turns darker and I can not check anything, my settings, nothing happens. I can play WW2, once I launch it screen turns black and all I hear is the music, can go to home screen, just a black
    screen?

Jason Brooks(2), Jun 1, 2014
  3. UNHOLY ROGUE
    UNHOLY ROGUE Guest
    Ryse not working. help!

whenever I load into the campaign or multiplayer my screen either turns white and grayish black and I cant see anything or the whole screens turns yellow but I can hear. this has become very frustrating but I cant be the only one with this problem
    please help!

UNHOLY ROGUE, Jun 1, 2014
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Dark colours, that fill nearly the whole screen, turn black, can't see anything.

WPAK, Jun 1, 2014
  5. Thank you very much, that you made me check my TV-Settings again!

Indeed it was a TV setting, although i thought, that these settings were enabled for all input-sources, strangely they weren't! One setting in particular caused this blackness, called "HDMI-Schwarzp." . I don't know exactly how it's called in english, that's
    the german naming, and even in german i don't know how it's called completely. The description to this setting says, that it adjusts the black in the video, which comes through the HMDI-connection, basically it darkens it.

That's it, after resetting the display settings on the Xbox 360 and it didn't make a difference, i tried the TV-settings and succeeded.

Thank you for your help and hope this helps anybody, who's got the same problem!

Bye

CloudsIllusion, Jun 3, 2014
  6. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Your welcome, good to hear that the issue was solved.

Note: I think it's called HDMI Black Level in English

7. WPAK Win User

Your welcome, good to hear that the issue was solved.

Note: I think it's called HDMI Black Level in English
  8. WPAK Win User

9. CloudsIllusion Win User

Thank you very much, that you made me check my TV-Settings again!

Indeed it was a TV setting, although i thought, that these settings were enabled for all input-sources, strangely they weren't! One setting in particular caused this blackness, called "HDMI-Schwarzp." . I don't know exactly how it's called in english, that's
    the german naming, and even in german i don't know how it's called completely. The description to this setting says, that it adjusts the black in the video, which comes through the HMDI-connection, basically it darkens it.

That's it, after resetting the display settings on the Xbox 360 and it didn't make a difference, i tried the TV-settings and succeeded.

Thank you for your help and hope this helps anybody, who's got the same problem!

Bye
  10. A Virtual Duck Win User

Microsoft to do something at E3 that has never been done at E3

The whole theatre goes dark. The screen switches on and the following words appear as if typed in Courier font:

Would you like to play a game?

Yes.

What game would you like to play?

Global Thermonuclear War.

Initialising...Completed.

The screen goes black. Then, a massive White flash accompanied with explosion effects engulfs the theatre and you see a hand lying on the dirt in front of you. You are lying on the ground. It is your own hand. You get up and turn around.

A massive wasteland is behind you and you see the ruins of postwar London. The screen cuts to black.

Fallout 4

Releases 2015 only on Xbox and PC.

The screen cuts to black.
  11. Galactic Geek Win User

New Xbox UI beta pics

Nope, still don't see anything P34 - all I get are likes, post options, and a whole lot of black-screen real-estate... :(
Thema:

1. Dark colours, that fill nearly the whole screen, turn black, can't see anything. - Similar Threads - Dark colours fill

2. Why is my xbox so dark?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox so dark?: my xbox randomly became really dark b39e8394-0531-4764-a41c-7040fa02c38d
  3. My Xbox series S goes on "dark" mode after like 1 sec once turned on. Although no settings...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S goes on "dark" mode after like 1 sec once turned on. Although no settings...: So today once I turned on console Xbox series S it went like on power saving mode straight away. Tv is working fine. Issue is the console, as soon I switch it on after restart its bright normal...
  4. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd
  5. i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...

in XBoX on Windows
    i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...: i can provide proof of this if needed in video form aaef1a84-9f48-4c12-8cc2-a6bd6c150470
  6. 1980'de geçen Perfect dark oyunu

in XboX Insiders
    1980'de geçen Perfect dark oyunu: bir istek veya bir fikir nerden bakıldığına göre değişir ancak böyle bir oyun yapılsa güzel olur herhalde diye düşündüm aklımdaki oyun 1980'lerde geçen sinematik ve aksiyon macera olan her bölümü...
  7. Themes too dark since the updated!

in XboX Insiders
    Themes too dark since the updated!: All of the themes on the xbox homepage are too dark at the top since they shaded the top out. I want my themes as bright as they were. Its where they put the 5 icons at the top of the screen....
  8. “The Long Dark “

in XBoX on Windows
    “The Long Dark “: Is there an official release date for the next episode on “The Long Dark” I have played all previous episodes many times and just want to play more episodes Thank you...
  9. Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world: Before my mother changed the wifi provider I could play with people on these games but ever since it has been changed I couldn't play with anyone and I don't know why...
  10. Xbox One X dashboard is a light grey washed out colour when using dark theme

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X dashboard is a light grey washed out colour when using dark theme: The Xbox One X dashboard theme is not working properly when using dark theme, it appears as a light grey colour throughout the dashboard and looks a bit washed out. It does not like if it is...