Cyberpunk 2077 Remote Play Issues - Game Related

Discus and support Cyberpunk 2077 Remote Play Issues - Game Related in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hardware: Xbox Series S Game: Cyberpunk 2077 with the latest 2.0 update Summary: This isn't a network issue and I have no issues with remote play on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Palegreenghost, Sep 30, 2023.

1. Cyberpunk 2077 Remote Play Issues - Game Related

Hardware: Xbox Series S

Game: Cyberpunk 2077 with the latest 2.0 update

Summary: This isn't a network issue and I have no issues with remote play on any other game I've tried. Cyberpunk 2077 when remote play is enabled causes graphical and scripting problems.

Hello, it seems as though Cyberpunk 2077 has some severe issues with Remote Play, all controller input becomes incredibly slow and unreliable, graphical glitches occur like persistent depth of field blur, button prompts no longer show up on some doors so they can't be interacted with, menus no longer work, the game hangs and you're forced to restart it.

Starting the game up without remote play causes no issues the game works as you'd expect, the moment you connect to the console via remote play everything falls apart again.

Just to be clear it's not an issue with lag, or a problematic internet connection, I'm observing these issues directly on the console hardware connected to a television via HDMI.

The problem seems to stem from the point where you connect to the console via the remote play function while Cyberpunk 2077 is running (the issue is still present when starting Remote Play first and then starting Cyberpunk 2077, the order of events makes no difference) I've tried restarting the console, loading different saves and it all boils down to the game not being compatible with remote play, it causes everything to slowly break down and eventually crash/hang.

I've reached out to CDPROJEKTRED and their response was:

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out.

Xbox Remote Play is developed and supported by Xbox. For any issues with it please contact the Xbox Support Team.

Best regards,

Calico

Their reply doesn't even try to address that their game doesn't work with Remote Play. The Remote Play functionality works throughout and the application stays open the game itself is the issue.

It'd be great if this issue was brought to the attention of someone at Xbox who can reach out to CDPROJEKTRED and verify that this is the case.

Kind regards

:)

Palegreenghost, Sep 30, 2023
  2. SirNelson1 Win User

Id like to add to this - I'm expediting the exact same issue as described

- What device are you using to connect to your console via Remote Play? Windows PC

- What is the model and software version of your console? Xbox Series x & OS version 10.0.25398.2258

- Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Cyberpunk 2077 on your console? Yes

- Have you checked for any updates or patches for Cyberpunk 2077 or Remote Play? Yes

- Are you able to play other games via Remote Play without any issues? No (I do occasionally have issues where the controller isn't working at all, though restarting the game or restarting remote play fixes the issue this is not the case with Cyberpunk 2077)

The issues with other games are minor and can be resolved but doesn't seem possible with cyberpunk 2077.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello SirNelson1,

Thank you for sharing this with the community. This will be very helpful to anyone who may experience this issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.
  4. SirNelson1 Win User

So I just posted a reply to the Microsoft agent, BUT! decided to run my own tests and I think I just figured out a work around! (I'll have to play for a bit longer later tonight to fully confirm its working)

So I was experiencing the exact issue you described so I tried to connect my controller to my PC and it actually works, though of course there was a small bit of lag. Then I figured out a way to get it without lag. (restarted Xbox and PC) I grabbed an extra controller (2nd controller) updated it on my Xbox, then disconnected it. connected my primary controller to my Xbox normally. started Cyberpunk, then started the stream, connected the 2nd controller to my PC, on the 2nd controller moved around a bit to test (confirm its working), then on the 2nd controller held down the Xbox button and turned off the controller (keeping it plugged into my PC) clicked continue anyway on the Xbox app, and picked up my primarily controller and it was working!!!!

1. Start Cyberpunk and start remote play (primary controller is connected to your Xbox)

2. Connect a second controller to your PC, move the cursor around a bit to make sure

3. On second controller hold Xbox button and turn off controller, keep it plugged into your PC

4. Click continue playing on the Xbox app

5. Pick up your primary controller and test it.

If that doesn't work plug your primary controller into your pc and it should work with a small amount of lag, its not bad and you'll get used to it. (Good thing the game isn't a online game lol)
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello Palegreenghost,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Cyberpunk 2077 and Remote Play. I understand how frustrating that can be.

I would like to ask you a few questions:

- What device are you using to connect to your console via Remote Play?

- What is the model and software version of your console?

- Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Cyberpunk 2077 on your console?

- Have you checked for any updates or patches for Cyberpunk 2077 or Remote Play?

- Are you able to play other games via Remote Play without any issues?

Have you performed troubleshooting here: Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support

If every significant troubleshooting has been performed and still having the issues, we may need to report this issue with the development team.

To help us resolve this issue, we ask that you report your case to Xbox Feedback. Xbox Feedback is a platform where you can share your feedback and suggestions with the Xbox development team. By reporting your case to Xbox Feedback, you'll help us identify and fix the problem as quickly as possible. To report your case to Xbox Feedback, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button , and then select Report a problem to launch the Report a Problem app.
    2. Select Report new problem.
    3. If you’re experiencing an audio or video issue, you can provide additional info and diagnostics to your problem report by selecting Reproduce with advanced diagnostics. Otherwise select Continue with standard diagnostics.

Note If you select Reproduce with advanced diagnostics, continue with the instructions that are found in the section, “Report a problem with media tracing.”
    4. Choose the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. If you’re not sure what to choose, make your best guess.
    5. If you have a screenshot or game clip with your issue, ensure that Include screenshot or Include game clip is selected.
    6. You may be prompted to complete your report another way:
      • If you select Use another device, you can use your mobile device to scan the provided QR code and continue from your device. This is helpful if your problem report has a lot of details that typing with the virtual keyboard on console may prove difficult.
      • If you select Continue on console, you can continue through the steps in this section to submit your issue from your Xbox console. You can use a USB keyboard, the Xbox Chatpad, or the Xbox app on your mobile or Windows device to submit the details of your report.

Note If you’re using a virtual assistant such as Cortana or Alexa, bring up the keyboard for each text field, and then press the View button to use voice-to-text.
    7. Enter a short title for your issue.
    8. Enter a description of your issue. Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem?
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem or behavior? If so, what did it say?
    9. Select Submit. It can take several seconds for your problem report to send.

Please see: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
Thema:

1. Cyberpunk 2077 Remote Play Issues - Game Related - Similar Threads - Cyberpunk 2077 Remote

2. Cyberpunk 2077 not updating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyberpunk 2077 not updating: My physical copy of “Cyberpunk 2077” is not updating. For some reason, the option for updating isn’t showing, nor do I know how to access it. When I start up the game, the game simply just starts...
  3. Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't recognise phantom liberty download and won't start up??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't recognise phantom liberty download and won't start up??: I have played cyberpunk2077 since it was released and put up with poor performance and glitches and all sorts of bugs. Whilst these annoyed me, I still played the game and enjoyed it. Since...
  4. Cyberpunk 2077 new 2.0 won't update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyberpunk 2077 new 2.0 won't update: Cyberpunk 2077 new 2.0 won't update f1c75d38-4722-4fa9-8dc6-032ae0aa824d
  5. Achievement Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievement Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 update: I have been playing cyberpunk 2077 for a while now and have just started the achievement grind but it seems that after the 2.0 update several achievement can't be unlocked. Is there a way to...
  6. Cyberpunk 2077 xbox series x/s yellow trianglar.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyberpunk 2077 xbox series x/s yellow trianglar.: So tried to logg in this morning, been playing around during weekend with updates 2.0. Bought combo with CP 2077 and Phantom Liberty when it dropped and played original campaign. Logged in to play...
  7. When i remote play to my series x trying to play cyberpunk 2077, it bugs all the controls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i remote play to my series x trying to play cyberpunk 2077, it bugs all the controls: all my software is up to date and my internet is alway stable, but yet when i remote play to my series x to play cyberpunk, the controls bugs out like crazy. my sensitivity goes to almost zero and...
  8. Series X remote play issue with Cyberpunk 2077

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series X remote play issue with Cyberpunk 2077: Just installed from disk a copy of CP2077. Console auto updated to next gen version and never asked me to swap disks. CP2077 version 1.6.3 Using a fully updated Xbox Series X 1TB and an Xbox...
  9. How do I disable auto saves in Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I disable auto saves in Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X?: How do I disable the auto save system in Cyberpunk 2077? I am playing the game on Xbox Series X and the game is auto saving once a minute. The auto save system is wearing out my SSD really fast...
  10. My cyberpunk 2077 randomly went missing after I decided to update my console any answer to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My cyberpunk 2077 randomly went missing after I decided to update my console any answer to...: Cyberpunk 2077 randomly went missing after new console update d6a83d87-1fe8-4f6e-9763-c3a910f9fbfc