Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!

Discus and support Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Idea on Xbox Feedback: Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice So at the Xbox Design Lab we can now customize controllers. When I was customizing, I saw... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Burbanana, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Burbanana
    Burbanana Guest

Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!

Idea on Xbox Feedback: Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

So at the Xbox Design Lab we can now customize controllers.

When I was customizing, I saw that the thumb sticks only have 8 color options, whereas the D-pad has 15!

I wanted a midnight blue front, with yellow thumb sticks and d-pad. But there is no yellow for the thumb sticks! My second thought was white, but there is also no white! Another thing is the colors for the menu buttons and the ABXY buttons. Add more options!
    At least the option to have 1 solid color for the text on them..

Really Microsoft, think about creativity. If someone picks a color for the D-pad, they will most likely want to have the same color for the thumbsticks... Stop doing things half-***...

Guys, please go ahead and vote, even if you won't be customizing.. This is just really so stupid on the creative part of Xbox... Why would you limit the thumbstick colors when the D-pad has 7 more colors?

Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

:)

Burbanana, Jun 14, 2016
  2. OG Pooh
    OG Pooh Guest
    Controller-Chrome vs Silver?

While I can't give links, I can tell you that replacement shells (in a variety of colors) are readily available (extremely cheaply) from different suppliers on the internet. You can also get the buttons, triggers, d-pads, analog sticks, etc in a variety
    of colors. For a grand total of about $20, you can tune-up & customize the controller you already have. All of our controllers have been redone in custom colors. If you want the transforming d-pad, just make sure you order the right shell & d-pad.

OG Pooh, Jun 14, 2016
  3. Bet477
    Bet477 Guest
    Xbox one elite controller

Is there a way to extra parts for the elite controller like extra d pads, thumb sticks and paddles.

I want to make my own custom paint job on a d pad but not on my main d pad I would want a second to paint is ther a way to get spear parts for this if not are you going to sell spear parts or even custom parts to make our own controllers even more unique.
    i would be interested in buying custom parts like a halo 5 d pad etc are there plans for this or do I need to find a second d pad to make my own.

Thanks

Bet477, Jun 14, 2016
  4. Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!

The D-Pad and thumb sticks are made of different materials, so it's quite possible the colors you want for the sticks just aren't available in the material used to make the stick.

Theory of Game, Jun 14, 2016
  5. Burbanana
    Burbanana Guest
    Well I am a Microsoft customer and we are used to getting the best here Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs! ;)

I'm sure a yellow color is possible, but they just haven't done a yellow thumbstick before so they don't have them.

Burbanana, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Burbanana Win User

Well I am a Microsoft customer and we are used to getting the best here ;)

I'm sure a yellow color is possible, but they just haven't done a yellow thumbstick before so they don't have them.
  7. Theory of Game Win User

The D-Pad and thumb sticks are made of different materials, so it's quite possible the colors you want for the sticks just aren't available in the material used to make the stick.
  8. OG Pooh Win User

Controller-Chrome vs Silver?

While I can't give links, I can tell you that replacement shells (in a variety of colors) are readily available (extremely cheaply) from different suppliers on the internet. You can also get the buttons, triggers, d-pads, analog sticks, etc in a variety
    of colors. For a grand total of about $20, you can tune-up & customize the controller you already have. All of our controllers have been redone in custom colors. If you want the transforming d-pad, just make sure you order the right shell & d-pad.
  9. Malesoun Win User

Tournament Edition Fightstick question

You would circle your thumb on the stick/d-pad from down to forward.
  10. OMGxItsxCody Win User

My elite series 2 design lab controller broke after 2 weeks of use. Will Microsoft fix the controller I send them or replace it altogether?

Mine was shipped to me with a defect in the left thumb stick. Not drift, but a physical noticeable bumpy feeling when you move the thumb stick. I specifically told the Microsoft associate I was on the phone with that I do not want them to replace my unit with a generic controller as I literally just opened mine today and it has my gamertag and custom colors. Are you guys saying that they will make sure my controller is exactly as I ordered it originally? I would be more than just angry if not.
Thema:

1. Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs! - Similar Threads - Custom Controllers Don't

2. can microsoft repair custom controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can microsoft repair custom controllers ?: I have a custom controller thats a very sentimental gift form a passed loved one. i have used it pretty often but the grips fell off, the bumpers are loose, and the left thumb stick drags.If yall...
  3. Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins"

in XboX Insiders
    Add other options to Xbox Controller lab than just "custom skins": I noticed that your Xbox controller lab has one thing in common. Pretty much everything except the controller itself. I would like to see more deeper than skin Deep changes that are customizable....
  4. New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input

in XBoX on Consoles
    New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input: Have a design labs custom controller i got a xmas, has been working great. in the past day or so ive been noticing the left stick gets stuck on forward input. (not drift) not physically, and not...
  5. I ordered a custom Xbox controller in November and it has said processing since. Any idea...

in XBoX on Windows
    I ordered a custom Xbox controller in November and it has said processing since. Any idea...: Any help on when I’ll be receiving it? It’s a present and I feel bad it’s still not here. 6447d838-7c05-4bfd-bc3a-3dafa3796407
  6. xbox custom controller

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox custom controller: hi just a quick question to all my fellow gamers out there, i have issued for a replacement on my xbox design labs controller thats still under warranty due to a few issues. i have my cats name...
  7. Custom Xbox Controller replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Xbox Controller replacement: Hi I am based on the UK and I purchased a custom Xbox controller last year, which is still in warranty. One of the bumpers is not working and I have been trying to get this resolved on the...
  8. It's been 4 weeks my custom xbox controller from xbox design lab hasn't shipped yet!

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's been 4 weeks my custom xbox controller from xbox design lab hasn't shipped yet!: It's been 4 weeks my custom xbox controller from xbox design lab hasn't shipped yet!And the shipping time promised is within 3 weeks,I can't find any customer service on this issue either.Can...
  9. Can the custom engraving on my custom designed elite series 2 controller be fixed?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can the custom engraving on my custom designed elite series 2 controller be fixed?: The custom engraving on my custom Elite Series 2 controller that I received is not centered properly. It is centered correctly on the image with the order confirmation email I received. It is...
  10. Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise: So like the title says I’ve got a custom controller for my Xbox Series One X and while the controller will turn on and off no other buttons respond besides the pairing button, I tried repairing it...