Cussing in private party with friends

Discus and support Cussing in private party with friends in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Can I and my friends swear at each other in a game lobby or private party? 4e4ddbb0-b3a9-46c8-84c7-4964fbc985a4 Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Mohamed Daniel1, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Cussing in private party with friends

Can I and my friends swear at each other in a game lobby or private party?

:)

Mohamed Daniel1, Nov 30, 2023
  2. offline gamer Win User

i wouldnt recomend doing it that any profanity is monitored and risk being suspended.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Everything you do on Xbox live must be rated E for everyone.That includes no swearing,whether it's in game lobbies or private parties.

The ToU/CoC apply to every part of Xbox live.
  4. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Mohamed D, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

Insults at Microsoft are prohibited and can have consequences, so it is necessary to treat each other correctly and with education in order to have a community free of insults. If you want my personal opinion, I would tell you not to do it to avoid possible problems in the future.

If you have any other doubts or questions, let me know, as I will be happy to continue helping you.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  5. Globespy-564F9E67-11 Win User

Xbox Live Enforcement Team

@DaftBadger

You commented "if someone is reported for "ingame chat" then they have to be caught in the act."

By that, you are inferring that Microsoft engages in actively monitoring/recording private party chat.

If a person is reported for using verbal profanity, then to your point, that's not sufficient reason for limiting communication services/enforcing a ban. Microsoft would then begin listening/recording private party chat to verify that a person is indeed
    using cuss words.

But what about the context of the private party chats between friends on Xbox Live, all adults in consenting environments playing adult rated games that use similar language? 99.99% of all adults use cuss words, welcome to reality. So, if no one in your
    friends list/private party chat reports you, but a malicious stranger (who you beat in a game) decides to press the 'report' button which then initiates an active monitoring/recording of consensual adult, private conversations that have absolutely nothing
    to do with the malicious stranger, then essentially what's happening here is Microsoft (their enforcement team employees) making subjective/judgemental decisions on your account without anyone actually being offended or any proof of abuse. The definition of
    this word infers that the abused party be present and actively involved in the communication - if a party is secretly (wire tapping, a federal law) monitoring a private conversation, then they must remain impartial and be sure that the included members of
    that private communication are actually being abused and there's clear evidence that an individual is under some sort of verbal duress.

Hope that's clear enough for you to see a rather huge invasion of privacy, all potentially initiated by some immature, malicious individual who has never actually entered in to any communication with the person who they reported.

Shaky ground.....
  6. ArminatorX Win User

What is considered to be "offensive language"?

You can review the Community Standards here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/community-standards

They explain what is considered offensive language.

As for your "jokes" during a chat with your friends: As long as your friends don't report you, you can say anything you want.

In our group of friends we often cuss and swear, but we do that in our own private Party.

In a public lobby we keep it more civil
Thema:

1. Cussing in private party with friends - Similar Threads - Cussing private party

2. GroupMe - I’ve never chatted privately. how do I clear my name?????

in XBoX on Windows
    GroupMe - I’ve never chatted privately. how do I clear my name?????: [img] I haven’t used GroupMe in a very long time and only used for a kickball team…. My wife opens my app almost a year later and there are suggestions that I have “recently messaged” a few women...
  3. What to do if my identity of my face, Private information is exposed on a YouTube channel...

in XBoX on Windows
    What to do if my identity of my face, Private information is exposed on a YouTube channel...: A gamer from Xbox name. [Gt:Wolfologies] Has exposed My personal and private information of my identity of my face and private information on their YouTube channel called. YouTube channel:...
  4. Ban [mod removed] he said he was gonna kill me irl and cussing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ban [mod removed] he said he was gonna kill me irl and cussing: Ban [mod removed] he is cussing and talking about killing 6ca2dd2b-697f-46ad-b968-8bc8e2ec7283
  5. If I am in a private party with my friends can I cuss in that party I have a mild form of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I am in a private party with my friends can I cuss in that party I have a mild form of...: If I am in a private party with my friends can I cuss in that party I have a mild form of Tourettes and I can't control what I say 8d1fe812-1d3a-4523-8d77-eed0cb121885
  6. why when someone cusses me out they dont get a ban, but i say a swear and i get a 4 day ban?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why when someone cusses me out they dont get a ban, but i say a swear and i get a 4 day ban?: why when someone cusses me out they dont get a ban, but i say a swear and i get a 4 day ban? this is stupid. Im sick and tired of this. on some occasions, i dont even say the word. i say it...
  7. What’s gonna happen I said one cuss word and I got reported

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s gonna happen I said one cuss word and I got reported: i said one cuss word cuss this guy kept team killing me in r6 so i sent him a mesage [mod removed] you and i seen that some people lose all there games and i need to know will that happen to me...
  8. Can you cuss in parties.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you cuss in parties.: Hello. Is it a violation of the code of conduct of Xbox Live to cuss in a party. (Not cussing to people, just saying it normally). 8f3b59f9-54a2-4525-a96a-406a3a648638
  9. Chat Banned For Saying One Cuss Word

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat Banned For Saying One Cuss Word: I really don't understand why I get communication banned for eight days for saying 1 cuss word. Most of the games I play like Call of Duty literally curse everyone I kill someone. It seriously...
  10. I got banned for playing better than others. I didnt cuss and talk to any stranger.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got banned for playing better than others. I didnt cuss and talk to any stranger.: I was playing today with a good friend of mine and then ism received a message from microsoft where it says that i got an enforcement. But my question is why? There were people messaging theyre...