Cuphead save on Xbox overwritten by PC / Game Anywhere

Discus and support Cuphead save on Xbox overwritten by PC / Game Anywhere in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son put a ton of work into a specific Cuphead playthrough on the Xbox and got 100% completion on everything. He did all the obscure scenarios where... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Maxwell Cabe, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Maxwell Cabe
    Maxwell Cabe Guest

My son put a ton of work into a specific Cuphead playthrough on the Xbox and got 100% completion on everything. He did all the obscure scenarios where stay pacifist and beat flying bosses with the minigun and whatnot. It tooks weeks. Afterwards he played on his PC for a bit one afternoon with play anywhere and when he went back to the Xbox later that day, his saves there had been overwritten by the PC saves.

Does anyone know if it's possible to recover his Xbox game save? The achievements are still there but the game save with all the levels done and charms acquired is gone.

:)

Maxwell Cabe, Aug 4, 2022
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

when loading a play anywhere game on either pc or xbox it will sync the save, if this was cancelled which is easy to do it will not sync and will upload a new save, there is no way to recover an overwritten save.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi Maxwell, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that once the saves have been overwritten there is no option for us to retrieve them but let's try to re-sync the cloud saves.

For cases like this what we initially need to do is to quit the game and perform a power cycle in that way once you launch the game your in-game data will just re-sync.

Kindly quit the game and follow the steps below before you re-launch the game.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  4. Rostom L Win User

Stuck on syncing data: Forza Horizon 5

I see. Since the game is an Xbox Play Anywhere, it uses the same cloud saves for PC and Xbox version. There's a possiblity that your game progress on cloud will be overwritten if you chose to play the local save from your PC. What you have on the cloud will be resynced to PC and Xbox platform.
  5. pjameleven Win User

Xbox Play Anywhere

It absolutely will. Your game data is saved in the cloud so it is accessible on multiple devices. I've used the play anywhere feature for Cuphead before and I'm able to start playing on my PC right where I left off on my Xbox. It's an awesome feature.
    Happy gaming!
  6. WilliamOtis Win User

Can't Use Arcade Stick Hori RapV Kai with Cuphead

I'm playing Cuphead on my PC, making use of Xbox's Play Anywhere feature, and I cannot use my Madcatz SFIV fight stick with the game. Cuphead would be ideal for the stick, but the game doesn't support fight sticks. From what I gather, there is a work around
    for the Steam version, but really the Xbox PA versions should at least have the ability to map controllers.
Thema:

1. Cuphead save on Xbox overwritten by PC / Game Anywhere - Similar Threads - Cuphead save overwritten

2. Cuphead not detecting ps4 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cuphead not detecting ps4 controller: When I first bought the game like 2 years ago I had a laptop that cuphead detected the controller in, but now I switched to a desktop and for some reason it doesn't detect it now. Other games do...
  3. Bought cuphead a while back and now I can’t even find on my purchases I even checked...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought cuphead a while back and now I can’t even find on my purchases I even checked...: I wanted to play cup head with a friend but I couldn’t find it in my library so I did some research and followed them and it’s not even in my purchase history and I don’t want to buy it again...
  4. Why does cuphead give me a yellow screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does cuphead give me a yellow screen?: when i downloaded cuphead it worked just fine but then it gave me a yellow screen and then crashed how do i fix this? b84b243d-d753-4f24-8a39-2b975ce69641
  5. I purchased a Fastcard digital version of Cuphead

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased a Fastcard digital version of Cuphead: I purchased a Fastcard digital version of Cuphead years ago I recently have had some problems with my console which led me to factory reset my Xbox One S. I have been able to reinstall the game...
  6. Cuphead files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cuphead files: I cannot find the cuphead files and when I go to properties it doesn't let me open file location. i cannot use Shell:Games in the run command I cant use anything please help...
  7. Bought the new cuphead dlc with paysafe but I didn’t get the dlc and the money is gone what...

in XboX Insiders
    Bought the new cuphead dlc with paysafe but I didn’t get the dlc and the money is gone what...: ??? submitted by /u/AdamKorkorki [link] [comments]
  8. Cuphead save files missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Cuphead save files missing: I went on Cuphead (I bought it on the Microsoft store a long time ago) today to find my save files were gone. I knew something was up because the Xbox game data sync took a millisecond to...
  9. Problema de guardado en cuphead [Cuphead save problem]

in XBoX on Windows
    Problema de guardado en cuphead [Cuphead save problem]: Cuando estoy jugando cuphead y me paso algunos niveles cuando me salgo le doy a salir del juego en las opciones y luego cuando quiero volver a entrar se pierde parte del progreso...
  10. cuphead windows store version save game reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cuphead windows store version save game reset: after playing for few hours and complete world 1. i quit to desktop. later on, come back to the game, my save game reset to 0. have to replay from begining. it happen every times i quit the game...