Crossplay and skill based match making

Discus and support Crossplay and skill based match making in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Skill based match making is none existing I'm an average gamer I work over 45+ hours a week and I always seem to been thrown into games with players... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MARK RUFF, Oct 21, 2023.

1. MARK RUFF
    MARK RUFF Guest

Skill based match making is none existing I'm an average gamer I work over 45+ hours a week and I always seem to been thrown into games with players that are way more skillful on the game than me I don't enjoy playing the game as too many hackers and cheaters and don't get me started on crossplay capabilitie is the most stupid thing ever of wanted to play against PC and PSN players I'd get a PC or a PlayStation not an xbox this feature should never of happened in my opinion its ruined a perfectly good game in my eyes the game become rubbish when crossplay was introduced

:)

MARK RUFF, Oct 21, 2023
  2. Annanda Martins Win User

Hello MARK R! I'm Annanda and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Like our friend SigmaTheDJ mentioned, you can quickly solve this by turning off the crossplay feature on your Xbox:

To begin, go to “Settings”

Press on “General” and then on "Online safety & family"

Press on “Privacy & online safety”

Choose “Xbox privacy”

Select “View details & customize”

Go down and press on “Communication & multiplayer”

Press on the menu below “You can join cross-network play” and choose “Block”

This can solve it, but the queue time to finds games will be a bit bigger.

As for skill based matchmakings, this depends on the developers, so there is not much Xbox can do, okay?

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below

Best Regards, Annanda.
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

You can turn off crossplay globally, so you'll only ever be matched up with other Xbox gamers. Here's where to find that setting: -

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-turn-off-cross-play-xbox-one-series-x-s/

Obviously, doing that will potentially increase your queue times in games.

As for skill-based matchmaking, some games have it, but it's up to the developer if/how it's implemented.
  4. Zombie Harvest Win User

Wish List

◦Skill level match making - This game needs match making to be based off of internet connection only.

agreed
  5. SparkTheFloof Win User

why is the skill based match making so terrible?!?!?!?!

6. ScrimpyTheGod Win User

why is the skill based match making so terrible?!?!?!?!

This is most likely to do with the game and the games company and not to do with Xbox. Also stating what game it is might help too.
Thema:

1. Crossplay and skill based match making - Similar Threads - Crossplay skill based

2. Crossplay Minecraft - PS4 + PC - is LAN possible in 2024?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Crossplay Minecraft - PS4 + PC - is LAN possible in 2024?: We've got a PS4 and PC, and wish to crossplay on a private server without buying a PS Plus subscription.. Is playing via LAN still possible (I found it on 2022 posts)? I've tried all the...
  3. Playstation Gamertag Crossplay is using my Bungie Account. How do I unlink him?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playstation Gamertag Crossplay is using my Bungie Account. How do I unlink him?: Bungie sent an e-mail requesting that I update my account. When I look at my Profile for Destiny2, I find that a Playstation Gamertag has changed my profile picture/name to his/her profile name -...
  4. No Xcloud crossplay.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No Xcloud crossplay.: I play on xcloud on Microsoft edge but on Fortnite it says to turn on cross platform play but the settings are not the same as described in the alert. [img] [img]...
  5. I can’t turn on crossplay

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t turn on crossplay: I’m having struggles turning on crossplay I’ve gone through the settings turned it on to ‘Allow’ yet it won’t work at all. a993e88c-78a2-4909-a58f-7dd2457f7894
  6. Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one: Halo Infinite campaign crossplay with pc and xbox one is that doable or is it only mulitplayer on xbox live? What the campaige limit for xbox live on campaige? 73574fb4-eb9d-4f5f-9b9f-cd26d73f1979
  7. When are you going to give us the ability turn off crossplay.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are you going to give us the ability turn off crossplay.: I know Xbox has the ability to turn off crossplay. PC community cheats way too often and we’re at a disadvantag. PlayStation allows for them to do it, so can you. Really like Xbox but if we don’t...
  8. Assetto Corsa Competizione Bug Crossplay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Bug Crossplay: My game (Assetto Corsa Competizione) is closing on its own when I enter a multiplayer match. It started happening after the update that introduced crossplay. Is anyone experiencing the same issue?...
  9. how do I get rid of the crossplay notification?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I get rid of the crossplay notification?: I keep getting this notification everything I play match in call of duty. "you cannot play with people outside of xbox because of how your account is set up" how do turn this notification off I...
  10. Minecraft crossplay LAN not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft crossplay LAN not working: As recently as last week my son (5 years old) and I were able to play Minecraft together. I have minecraft for windows. gamepass ultimate and bought the mobile minecraft (android). Both versions...