Cross save file not found

Discus and support Cross save file not found in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been playing forza horizon 5 on my xbox, I just bought a pc and downloaded the game through the Microsoft store. It forced me to play a new game... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Dslighty_blue, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Cross save file not found

I have been playing forza horizon 5 on my xbox, I just bought a pc and downloaded the game through the Microsoft store. It forced me to play a new game and now on both my xbox and pc I am unable to play my old account. Can I access my old account and play it on both my xbox and computer? or did I lose all my progress?

:)

Dslighty_blue, Jul 28, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, If by your old account refers to the account that has license of the game, can play on the PC and in the console that the save of the game will remain, will not lose your progress.
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Hi,

It seems like your game save/progress may have been overwritten. If this is the case, or if it’s been corrupted or deleted permanently, then there’s unfortunately no way to recover the previous save and the only option would be to continue with the new one.

If you experience any game save complications, it’s generally recommended to delete the save (just not the cloud save) to resync/refresh that data the next time you access the game. This may not help at the moment, but it’s something to consider if this occurs again and for future reference.

On PC (Windows 10/11), follow this file path:

C:\Users\[Your profile]\Saved Games\Forza Horizon 5, then delete anything you find there. The folders might be named differently depending on your system, but it should at least be similar and everything is located in more or less the same place. Also go to Settings > Storage > Apps & games > Forza Horizon 5 > Advanced Options > Select Reset, then relaunch the game.

To manage game saves on an Xbox console (these steps apply to both Xbox One and Series X|S):

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide and select My games & apps.
    2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons.
    3. In the menu on the left side of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
    4. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
      • Delete from console only removes the local copy of this save. You can resync this data from the cloud the next time you play.
      • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
      • Cancel leaves your data intact.
    More info here:

Find your games and add-ons

Syncing Xbox game saves to the cloud error messages

You can also always play games offline. This should then give you the option to select the cloud save (which is usually the one that should be selected) or the local save. To play offline on a Windows PC, you would need to verify that offline permissions are enabled - go to the Microsoft Store, select settings from your profile and confirm offline permissions is set to on. Refer to:

Play games on Windows 10/11 using offline mode | Xbox Support

If you designate your console as your Home Xbox and go offline in network settings, you can play games offline on your console too.

If you’ve tried everything recommended in the following guide and even if your game progress is still lost, your cars, credits wheelspins, etc may be returned if you’re interested. Submit a request to Forza Support to look into this further:

I've lost all my progress, what do I do? - Forza Support

If the above isn’t successful, then the game save is permanently lost on the servers and it’s not possible to resolve this in any way.

Hope this helps.
  4. Georges C. Win User

5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Save files not found???

Happy days, glad you got it resolved.
  6. RovasHarcos Win User

Save files not found???

Please note that even if i wanted to just start the games all over again (which i do not), my problem would still exist. It will just keep asking where to save game and then keep saving it can't find file. It can't get to the point where i would choose to
    start a new game.

My HDD is definitely still connected as i can access other files on it as normal.

Also there is no chance that anyone else has touched my xbox or that i even thought about deleting the files (so don't ask that question)
Thema:

1. Cross save file not found - Similar Threads - Cross save file

2. Can I get some help with this cross save bologna

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get some help with this cross save bologna: Okay so I did the cross save thing from my Xbox to my steam account but now my characters on my Xbox account are gone i haven’t downloaded the game yet on steam to see if they’re there but I can’t...
  3. Destiny 2 cross save

in XBoX Accessibility
    Destiny 2 cross save: Hi, I am trying to cross save my destiny accounts but an unknown account has linked itself that I can't authenticate I have 0 idea who's account this is or anything all I know of the username on...
  4. destiny 2 cross save

in XBoX on Windows
    destiny 2 cross save: I used to play destiny 2 on my xbox then i switched over to my pc and started playing on xbox/microsoft and i want to switch to steam but i have the wrong steam account hooked up to my cross save...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 cross save between PC game pass and Steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 cross save between PC game pass and Steam: I first played Forza 5 on game pass, but haven't had it in a while. I was thinking about purchasing the full game to keep forever, but I'd prefer it on Steam. If i played Forza on PC through...
  6. Cross Save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cross Save: Having trouble setting up cross save on XBOX for Destiny 2 on PS4. Logged in to PlayStation and it says to now log into Xbox account. There is no link or option to link accounts with cross save....
  7. Ubisoft Integration - Cross Save

in XboX Insiders
    Ubisoft Integration - Cross Save: It's awesome that games like AC Origins are now coming to Game Pass, really great. If you're going to take the step and integrate Ubisoft into Game Pass, please do it right. Cross Save between the...
  8. Xbox and Steam - How can i cross save?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox and Steam - How can i cross save?: I own a Gaming Pc and an Xbox Series X (which arrived yestarday) and I'm looking for someone who knows how, if possible, I can move some saves from my Steam Library to Xbox saves, some notable...
  9. Does A Plague tale: Innocence have cross save? Can I save on XBox and continue on PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does A Plague tale: Innocence have cross save? Can I save on XBox and continue on PC?: Hello! I am new to the XBOX game pass. I want to ask if my games are saved across platforms? I have a XBox One S and an Alienware PC and a Xbox game pass ultimate. Please let me know! Thanks!...
  10. Cloud games are cross-save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud games are cross-save?: Hello all, brand new Xbox Series S owner here coming from PS4. I am so confused when it comes to Gamepass and cross-saving between my PC and Xbox. Some people, for example, say that cross-save is...