Could my Xbox be damaged from a power surge?

Discus and support Could my Xbox be damaged from a power surge? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So a few months ago my xbox one s stopped working, it turns on but it wont connect to any displays. Ive already ruled out that its not a hdmi port... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Savig47, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Savig47
    Savig47 Guest

So a few months ago my xbox one s stopped working, it turns on but it wont connect to any displays. Ive already ruled out that its not a hdmi port issue, and ive tried all of the methods for fixing the black screen of death. Nothing seems to work and i was wondering if it may have been damage from a power surge, because it was working just fine one day and i unplugged it for a litte over an hour, and i tried to plug it back in and had this problem. If this could be something i’d have to get repaired, how much would it cost?

:)

Savig47, Aug 31, 2023
  2. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Hi Savig47.

My name is Mauro and am glad to assist you. We are sorry about this incident.

Yes a power surge can damage your unit, a battery back up like a 1200va is recommended to protect your system and tv.

If you already performed this tests:

- Connect to another power outlet
    - Use another power cord
    - Test another HDMI port
    - Test it with another TV

If the problem persist you system might need service, there are some service cost and information with the link down below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

Thanks,
    Mauro
  3. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Xbox one x have surge protector, but can it be damaged from hdmi from TV that dosnt have?

Hi!

I didnt know it was important to have a surge protector that can protect the xbox from power losses in the house, that u can get power spikes when the power return.

The question is if the electrical items get damaged from this, would xbox be still fine since it have built in surge protector, or could it be damaged since it’s connected with lan cable and hdmi, since the router and tv dosnt have surge protector?

Merry Christmas and a Happy newyear to all :)
    technically it can but its not likely
  4. Blueheart14 Win User

My xbox wont work properly after power outage

It could be that your wifi router or console was damaged do to a power surge caused by the power outage
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox one keeps turning off after a short period.

Hi Colin,

Most power strips also function as a surge protector and that has been known to degrade the internal power supply over time since the Xbox's power supply includes a fuse that serves as a surge protector. The power supplies' fuse can get damaged in the event
    of a power surge since the power strip may have affected the efficiency of the Xbox's power surge protection. This is why we always recommend to plugging in the Xbox directly into the socket most of the time. The Xbox will work if plugged into a power strip
    but the risk of damaging the fuse is still a possibility.

My suggestion is to try another Xbox One S power cable if possible and if that doesn't work then the internal power supply is probably damaged and would need to be sent in for repair.
  6. Minimooo Win User

Xbox 360 slim green screen

Hi there - can you please check what the colour on the power brick is when you try and turn it on? It could be that a power surge damaged it.
Thema:

1. Could my Xbox be damaged from a power surge? - Similar Threads - damaged power surge

2. Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s...: Can my Xbox series x get damaged if I forget to close out/quit the Spotify app while it’s still playing music harm my Xbox series x? abada44f-6720-471c-b5b0-07ae71c10b9a
  3. did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    did i damage my Kinect Device and can i fix it: Issue with Kinect Device I'm experiencing an issue with my Kinect device. After plugging in a flash drive in Kinect port. by accident, it melted and got stuck in the port. After removing the...
  4. Damaged Gift card code. How do I redeem?

in XboX Insiders
    Damaged Gift card code. How do I redeem?: I have been through 14 help articles and I am unable to get a link for the chat or a number to call. Who do I contact and how do I go about doing that? submitted by /u/IntelligentDisk1045...
  5. so one day i fell asleep and i woke up my xbox was water damaged i left it upside down...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so one day i fell asleep and i woke up my xbox was water damaged i left it upside down...: one night i fell asleep and then the next day when is was about too play my hero ultra rumble my xbox wouldnt cut on so i asked my mom for tips then she said leave it upside down for 24 Hours so i...
  6. Does limited warranty cover any case damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does limited warranty cover any case damage?: The bottom panel and back panel broke off my xbox series s and its causing massive overheating and i cant play any games or even watch youtube for that matter. Does limited warranty cover this?...
  7. Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to hard disk and game disk?: Is it true that using xbox 360 vertically causes damage to your game disk and hard disk? I heard it around, so maybe this console was not "ready" to work good vertically. I just bought the support...
  8. Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?: Hi! Two quick doubts: Regarding removing my Xbox Series X from power supply source. Here in Brazil, on summer, we have strong thunders storms, and even that my console is pluged in a power line...
  9. Does power surge count as physical damage to console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does power surge count as physical damage to console: Was installing a game until my made a popping sound and turned off, it will not turn on at all 391957ee-e124-45b0-a2c0-bdf8632a4e94
  10. Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...: Please if anybody knows a fix I'd love to hear it. Could my power supply be slowing down my xbox speeds? I've tried clearing cache 3 times and hard resetting it multiple times so please dont...