Could I link my old Xbox 360 account to my Microsoft account?

Discus and support Could I link my old Xbox 360 account to my Microsoft account? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an old account on my xbox 360 and i don't want to lose it since it was never connected to the internet before. If i i connect it, would i be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HanaRivera , Aug 6, 2020.

1. Could I link my old Xbox 360 account to my Microsoft account?

I have an old account on my xbox 360 and i don't want to lose it since it was never connected to the internet before. If i i connect it, would i be able to link or merge my 360 with my Microsoft account if i i already use it for live kn xbox one?

:)

HanaRivera , Aug 6, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello as long as its the same gamertag from xbox360 to the Microsoft account youll be fine. If its 2 different gamertags then no it wont be joined!
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Connecting my 360 user to my Xbox One

The problem is that I never linked my xbox 360 to my xbox live account, [...]. So I'm trying to link my xbox live account to my xbox 360, but all I get are error messages.

My account is linked to my xbox one without any problems, but in order to save xbox 360 game data on my xbox one, I have to download my/a xbox 360 profile, which I can't do because my profile won't connect to xbox live.
    The problem is, since you used a Xbox One, your Microsoft Account is now already "occupied" with a Gamertag, so you can't use that Microsoft Account to bring your old Xbox 360 offline Gamertag online.

You COULD create a new Microsoft Account to bring your Xbox 360 account online, but you won't be able to access the savegames with your Xbox One account, as Savegames can't be transferred between accounts.

So depending on how much you already invested in your Xbox One account, you might try to bring your old Xbox 360 account online, and use that on your Xbox One, and start your Xbox One gaming history over, or you can abandon your Xbox 360 saves and just use
    your old account on the Xbox One to download your previous Xbox 360 digital games, and start these over with your new Xbox One account.

Since it's not possible to merge Gamertag accounts, you will have to decide which account you wish continue to use for actual gaming, and which account you simply keep to claim license ownership for downloaded games.
  4. b5383026-82f5-41ba-b Win User

Claim Xbox gamertag from my previous Xbox account

My Xbox account is not banned. When I closed Microsoft account it closed everything Microsoft related for my login. Otherwise I could login my old Xbox account and rename it or just use old Xbox account.
  5. LeonidasZero Win User

Would like to find a way to switch around Xbox and Microsoft accounts.

Hey Philip, thank you for replying so fast.

I'm not quite sure I understand. Do you mean to say that I could have multiple Xbox Live accounts linked to one Microsoft account? If yes, then if you could point me in the direction of how to do that I would be extremely grateful. If you mean that I would
    put my new Xbox Live account on my old console, that isn't my goal, although I do greatly appreciate the help. I want to use my new Microsoft account to purchase content on my Xbox 360 and play it on the console with my Old Xbox Live account. I am not sure
    what my options are if that is what you meant, and if you know any ways to connect the two accounts I would love to hear them. I don't need my mothers old account connected and would also like to use my old gamertag on Minecraft and possibly future Xbox consoles.
    Thank you again for your recommendation.
  6. PHiLLyizBLaZZin Win User

Would like to find a way to switch around Xbox and Microsoft accounts.

When I was younger I had an Xbox 360, and to buy games my mother added her Microsoft account to my Xbox account. Fast forward many years and The Xbox 360 is now mine. I have my own Microsoft account and would like to add it on there. I recently
    made an Xbox account and linked it to my Microsoft account so I could cross play with friends on the PS4 version of Minecraft, but now I don't know how to change the accounts so my old Xbox account is linked to my new Microsoft account. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hello,

You can have multiple Xbox Live accounts, and just login to each one whenever you want to play on that certain account. When you load up the system, and go to LOGIN you will have the option to login to your main account (which ever is there) and then the
    option to "sign into account" you can click then and then login to your other xbox live account. I hope this helps a little.

Best

Philip
Thema:

1. Could I link my old Xbox 360 account to my Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - link old 360

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?: My account is 15 years old but I can't link it to discord. Is there anything I can do to fix it? c55fafd9-5790-4024-bb1f-7fdfa4f47d54
  4. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  5. I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...: I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it from my old one and link it to my new one aeda31a0-b74a-4037-8ead-8cc7d3b55545
  6. So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it...: So I installed fortnite on my xbox and it's linked to a old acc but idk how to unlink it idk what email it's on. Is there a way to like unlink it then put my email and link my new acc...
  7. I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends.: I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends, However I cant access the Xbox live account anymore because I deactivated the Yahoo email associated with...
  8. I can't log into my live profile and my email that's linked to that account it's old as all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log into my live profile and my email that's linked to that account it's old as all...: I can't log into my live account please help me 5b35fe63-136a-419d-ae01-9acf4628016a
  9. I don’t know my old account that’s linked to Minecraft on my PlayStation.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t know my old account that’s linked to Minecraft on my PlayStation.: Hey, I really want to not connect my old account to my PlayStation. Or delete by any chance to put my new Microsoft account onto Minecraft. By any chance y’all can do that? My PlayStation user is...
  10. Link old XBox Live account to new XBox 360 offline profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Link old XBox Live account to new XBox 360 offline profile: Hello, I was trying to create an XBox Live profile today and realized that I had already created one a couple of years ago for a Batman game I purchased through Steam on PC and forgotten about...