Cosmetic add-ons for games and MyVIP? And one other question

Discus and support Cosmetic add-ons for games and MyVIP? And one other question in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; My question is simple. Do all add-ons for games count for MyVIP credits and spending limits, even if they are cosmetic, i.e. in game costumes, bonus... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Griffin11287, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Griffin11287
    Griffin11287 Guest

My question is simple. Do all add-ons for games count for MyVIP credits and spending limits, even if they are cosmetic, i.e. in game costumes, bonus music tracks, etc.? I know that games like Overwatch that involve systems like loot boxes don't count,
    but I mean stand-alone purchases like costumes for fighting and action games (DOA, Tekken, Dynasty Warriors, etc.), cars for Rocket League and the like. I'm assuming those count based on the wording, but I just want to be certain.

Secondly, I'm a 5* VIP and thus have no indicator from the website whether or not I'm on pace to get there. Last year, in December, I seem to recall there was something done for the "home stretch" but are there any plans to do that this year? Thanks in
    advance.

:)

Griffin11287, Nov 12, 2017
  2. Wolfen2077
    Wolfen2077 Guest
    add-ons for games

If you download xbox and xbox live add-ons on one profile does it go on all other profiles?

Wolfen2077, Nov 12, 2017
  3. Playings Xbox Live content with múltiple accounts

I just have one question, if I buy add-ons for a game, lets say map packs for a game, can I use it with other gamertags?

Edgard M 3186, Nov 12, 2017
  4. XBLRewards8
    XBLRewards8 Guest

Hello Griffin11287,

Add-ons for games are eligible for MyVIP from the FAQ:

What content can I earn a % back on purchases for?

Normally, most purchases for Xbox 360 and Xbox One from the Xbox Store qualify towards your MyVIP Star Rank and % back on purchases, including full Games on Demand titles (excluding game pre-orders), arcade games, indie games, game add-ons, game Season Passes,
    movies, TV shows, TV seasons, themes and avatar items. In-game consumables, Xbox Live Gold memberships, subscriptions like EA Access and Xbox Game Pass, Groove Music Passes, Microsoft Movies & TV Season Passes, and the purchase or redemption of Microsoft Points
    or Xbox Gift Cards, still do not qualify.

We did have a tracker for your next years' MyVIP placement around the end of last year. We will pass this feedback on to the appropriate team to see if this feature can be brought back again.

XBLRewards8, Nov 13, 2017
  5. XBLRewards8 Win User

Hello Griffin11287,

Add-ons for games are eligible for MyVIP from the FAQ:

What content can I earn a % back on purchases for?

Normally, most purchases for Xbox 360 and Xbox One from the Xbox Store qualify towards your MyVIP Star Rank and % back on purchases, including full Games on Demand titles (excluding game pre-orders), arcade games, indie games, game add-ons, game Season Passes,
    movies, TV shows, TV seasons, themes and avatar items. In-game consumables, Xbox Live Gold memberships, subscriptions like EA Access and Xbox Game Pass, Groove Music Passes, Microsoft Movies & TV Season Passes, and the purchase or redemption of Microsoft Points
    or Xbox Gift Cards, still do not qualify.

We did have a tracker for your next years' MyVIP placement around the end of last year. We will pass this feedback on to the appropriate team to see if this feature can be brought back again.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

DOOM Eternal Cosmetic Packs Missing?

Not sure why the Bethesda website is only showing one pack available...I just ahd a look and it is showing all 7:

https://store.bethesda.net/store/bethesda/search?keywords=doom eternal

However, there have been 3 other packs, in addition to the Season 1-7 packs:

DOOMicorn Master Collection Cosmetic Pack

DOOM Eternal - Rip and Tear Pack

Cosplay Slayer Master Collection Cosmetic Pack

As to what is available on what platform, the page on any given platform should list what add-ons are available...so, for example, if you look at the Xbox listing, it has all 10 add-ons available for purchase for the Xbox console (scroll to the bottom for the list of add-ons):

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/doom-eternal-standard-edition/9P5S26314HWQ/0010

Edit: I have also just looked in the Microsoft Store from my PC and it is showing all 10 add-ons available for PC as well

Further edit: Just popped on Steam to have a look and it is currently showing 13 add-ons for the game:

Seasons 1-7

The 3 add-ons I listed above

Mullet Slayer Master Collection Cosmetic Pack

And the 2 expansion packs:

DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods - Part One

DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods - Part Two

So, if neither your Xbox pages or Steam pages are showing the same, then either it's a regional restriction or a glitch
  7. Malacath Win User

Cosmetic or Beneficial

If cosmetics in a game are purely cosmetic then I go with which looks best.

But if cosmetics add buffs then I go whichever ever has the best buffs or stat boosts no matter how ridiculous it makes my character look.
  8. HarIey Quinn77 Win User

Can loot boxes purchasable by real money be ethical?

I have to agree with others. If it's cosmetic, it's not a big deal for me, as it won't impact the gameplay, but for the ones that unlock things in the game to progress faster? That's pay to win and shouldn't be allowed.
  9. The_Last_DJ Win User

I lost all my cosmetics on fortnite after changing my xbox name and epic wont help.

Hello Taden S! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear this has happened. As the cosmetics are on Fortnite, Epic are the ones that would have to help.
Thema:

1. Cosmetic add-ons for games and MyVIP? And one other question - Similar Threads - Cosmetic add ons

2. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  3. Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?: I'm receiving this same error code as well and it's for new friends not old ones. They are able to add me but I can't add them back. I have already reset my modem and Xbox to make sure it wasn't a...
  4. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  5. hello my friends, look at my games and add me if you want

in XboX Insiders
    hello my friends, look at my games and add me if you want: Chcete byť priateľmi s používateľom Stephan#2447 v Xboxe? Kliknite na prepojenie. https://www.xbox.com/play/share/friend/25MnYsitWA submitted by /u/Stephan-14 [link] [comments]
  6. How do I add a friend on Xbox when I’m on nintento switch

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I add a friend on Xbox when I’m on nintento switch: How do I become friends online with a Xbox player if I’m on Nintendo switch? f1253c34-1267-4ed1-b5d3-6ebe6c62f346
  7. How do I get a refund if I brought a add on by mistake

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a refund if I brought a add on by mistake: REFUND Add one autobahn police sim 3 off road I payed £10.74 for it and I would like a refund please 21731e6c-e26a-4ade-babc-21f78a422156
  8. Where are my cosmetics?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where are my cosmetics?: So, I bought the Fortnite Extinction code pack from the Xbox website and I redeemed the code sent to me. When I went on Fortnite, it wasn't there. I am on PC, so I use Epic games launcher. My Xbox...
  9. Mullet Slayer Master Collection Cosmetic Pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mullet Slayer Master Collection Cosmetic Pack: Why is Mullet Slayer Master Collection Cosmetic Pack only available for PC version of the game? Why is it not available for the XBOX One version of the game? 5b916f7c-2192-4d79-9f18-adc4f7a81797
  10. Xbox Original Avatars, Cosmetics - Ireland

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Original Avatars, Cosmetics - Ireland: My Xbox Original Avatars Only Show UK, I Can't Buy Items Since I'm From Ireland Is There Any Way To Buy It's The Same On The App And Website?. 5483fded-7ae5-4e89-a3f5-a68a106ee238