Cortana on Xbox One bypasses parental controls intended to limit website search results

Discus and support Cortana on Xbox One bypasses parental controls intended to limit website search results in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My wife found my son searching on cortana on his xbox one and finding inappropriate images. It seems Cortana ignores the fact that my son's account is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StandoffHail470, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Cortana on Xbox One bypasses parental controls intended to limit website search results

My wife found my son searching on cortana on his xbox one and finding inappropriate images. It seems Cortana ignores the fact that my son's account is set to "Only see websites on the allowed list" and shows images, related searches, etc. It defeats the
    purpose of having a whitelist on the account. I also can't permanently disable cortana on his xbox account.

This is kind of a big deal, please tell me I'm not the first to discover this and a solution is coming out soon!!!

:)

StandoffHail470, Oct 30, 2016
  2. pwestbro
    pwestbro Guest
    Bing search & parental controls

I have noticed that Bing search does not return any content that exceeds the parental control settings.

We use parental controls to limit what our kids can see/access on the Xbox, so this functionality working well. The problem is that my wife and I also want to use the Xbox, and Bing search.

I would love an option to allow Bing search to return items that exceeds the parental control settings, but not show the artwork. If the item is selected, the prompt for the PIN would be shown. (This would be similar to the behavior that currently happens
    in the Netflix application when selecting content that exceeds the parental controls settings)

I want to use the Xbox as our main way to watch content (both kids and parents). The ability to search over multiple content sources is the one feature that would make the Xbox the perfect media center.

pwestbro, Oct 30, 2016
  3. XBOX Video - TV shows?

Hi Taweto. It's all about the content settings your parental account designates. Here is our

Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE
    article, which explains what you can limit, and how to change those limits. Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Mister Ohnaka, Oct 30, 2016
  4. Cortana on Xbox One bypasses parental controls intended to limit website search results

Anything I can do? Very nice parental controls overall but this is a critical flaw. I can't disable Cortana for my son, and Cortana allows image searches even though my son's account is limited to a whitelist of websites. Please help.

StandoffHail470, Mar 4, 2017
  5. StandoffHail470 Win User

Cortana on Xbox One bypasses parental controls intended to limit website search results

Anything I can do? Very nice parental controls overall but this is a critical flaw. I can't disable Cortana for my son, and Cortana allows image searches even though my son's account is limited to a whitelist of websites. Please help.
  6. ssedwsa Win User

Where are the supposed Bing search content control settings located? Bing results use content control for games but not for music and shows?!

Doesn't help, even when I enable cookies and remain signed in to bing in the IE app, and then exit it, and try the bing search in the Dashboard.

Some other issues:

Sometimes the games that show up are not filtered either, though they can't be downloaded unless they fit with the parental settings.

Sometimes it seems as if the parental controls are working during the first search made in the bing tab (and sometimes during the first search an error occurs and nothing shows up at all except for an IE search option (though to access that the parental
    control forces a password to be entered - for once)), but the second or third or fourth everything reverts back to the all of the inconsistent results I have described in this thread at length.

In some apps, like Amazon video, the content download ability is limited by the parental settings, and even image previews won't show up when limited, however, explicit titles and text summaries of adult movies show up in searches!
  7. Farscape247 Win User

HOW TO UNBLOCK MICROSOFT FEATURES APPS THAT IS BLOCKED???

nobody here will help you bypass parental controls, they are there for a reason, if your parents want it blocked then you must abide by their decision, why don't you talk to them and ask them if they will let you play, they can unblock and give you time limits instead.
  8. Beaver Bologna Win User

Parental Controls

This is how to reset your microsoft account password not how to bypass or disable the parental controls for an xbox.
  9. ululemon Win User

Revert to an actual working Xbox voice command mode

Was this ever fixed? Cortana broke answering Skype calls on my parents xbox one S, and reversion to xbox left it broken, with 'xbox answer' no longer being a command, and 'xbox open that' just opening a menu. My parents are too old to play around with
    a controller trying to select items in a list to answer a call...

I didn't see anywhere, prior to trying out Cortana, that reverting to xbox voice commands didn't actually work correctly...
Thema:

1. Cortana on Xbox One bypasses parental controls intended to limit website search results - Similar Threads - Cortana bypasses parental

2. I want Cortana back on Xbox one i wanted Cortana back on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    I want Cortana back on Xbox one i wanted Cortana back on Xbox one: I want Cortana back on Xbox one i missed have her on Xbox one submitted by /u/jjrice2233 [link] [comments]
  3. i want Cortana back on on Xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    i want Cortana back on on Xbox one: I remember she got removed from Xbox one i want Cortana back on Xbox one submitted by /u/jjrice2233 [link] [comments]
  4. Cortana

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cortana: I was told the Cortana A.I, would be removed. Yet if the United Nations is still fighting for people and A.I. rights . To keep their A.I. Did Microsoft leave a trace of Cortana A.I. , because my...
  5. Cortana No Longer Supported issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cortana No Longer Supported issue: Hello, i love the voice/video capbilitoes of the Kinect. I know its no longer actuvely supported by xbox/microsoft. And so by extension, Cortana on xbox is no longer supported. Is there a way to...
  6. Here a recommendation for a new update, finally remove "cortana settings" it's kind of...

in XboX Insiders
    Here a recommendation for a new update, finally remove "cortana settings" it's kind of...: [IMG] submitted by /u/AqAqGT [link] [comments]
  7. Anyone else miss Cortana voice commands, it was so easy to use with just my headset and no...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else miss Cortana voice commands, it was so easy to use with just my headset and no...: They should of made it an optional thing to have it or not instead of just removing it from everyone submitted by /u/Ghu14am [link] [comments]
  8. Cannot sign into Xbox account in Microsoft Launcher version of Cortana.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Cannot sign into Xbox account in Microsoft Launcher version of Cortana.: I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10e running Android 10. When using Cortana to try to control my Xbox One I am prompted to sign into my Xbox Live account, however the button I am provided doesn't do...
  9. Xbox One Cortana Regulations that would bring it back

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Cortana Regulations that would bring it back: JUST CAUSED A BIG DEAL y thoughtlet out on Xbox one OSK.. uth2.0 sandboxed creationing, maybe it is newsdesk that'll work autocorrect predictive text back from me too lol ...no !? submitted by...
  10. Cortana app on Windows 10, Android and Invoke can no longer control Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cortana app on Windows 10, Android and Invoke can no longer control Xbox: Cortana on Windows 10, Android and on Invoke can no longer control the Xbox for simple functions, such as on and off and volume, calling on Alexa through the Invoke does however function. It seems...