Corrupted game save or not? Xbox 360

Discus and support Corrupted game save or not? Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Skate 2, skate 3, resident evil 5, rock and 2 game is saying that game save is corrupted. But looking at it under the xbox storage settings, it's not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by roshangill570, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Corrupted game save or not? Xbox 360

Skate 2, skate 3, resident evil 5, rock and 2 game is saying that game save is corrupted. But looking at it under the xbox storage settings, it's not showing the yellow exclamation mark it's apparently supposed to show for a corrupted file. I don't want to delete it in case it can actually be recovered

thanks in advance for any insights!

:)

roshangill570, Sep 7, 2023
  2. Jeremy Grey Win User

MW2 light orb bug no fixes!

Sure, not a problem.

Yes if the save data is indeed corrupt, which it sounds like is the case, by deleting the data your campaign progress will be deleted.

However, the unlocks for online multiplayer that you got from completing the campaign will still be there.

Here is how to delete corrupted save data from the xbox console.

To determine if the saved game is corrupted, follow these steps:
    Select Settings > System > Storage.
    Select the storage location, and then press the A  button.
    Select Games and Apps, and then press the A  button.
    Select the game, and then press the A  button.
    Select the saved game, and then press the A  button.
    Note A corrupted saved game file is marked with a yellow exclamation point.
    If the saved game file is corrupted, delete the corrupted file. To do this, select Delete.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/xbox-360/saved-game-corrupted-error

Regards,
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello roshangill570,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello roshangill570,

We appreciate you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are experiencing an issue where several of your Xbox 360 game saves are showing as corrupted, but they do not have the yellow exclamation mark that typically indicates a corrupted file. However, it's good to know that not all corrupted game saves will show the yellow exclamation mark under the Xbox storage settings. No worries, we will check on this together.

To determine if your game saves are indeed corrupted, you can try the following steps:

1. Move the game saves to a USB drive or cloud storage. This will allow you to access the game saves on another Xbox 360 console or even on an Xbox One console.

2. Try to load the game saves on another console. If the game saves load without any issues, then it's likely that the issue is with your console's hard drive.

3. If the game saves still show as corrupted on another console, then it's likely that the game saves are indeed corrupted. Unfortunately, there is no way to recover a corrupted game save. You will need to delete the corrupted game save and start a new game.

4. Clear the system cache: Go to Settings > system > storage > highlight storage device > press Y on your controller > select clear system cache.

5. Try loading an earlier save. If you have an earlier save of the game that is not showing as corrupted, try loading that save and see if it resolves the issue.

It's also important to note that regularly backing up your game saves can help prevent the loss of progress in case of a corrupted game save. You can use cloud storage or a USB drive to back up your game saves.

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Trouble loading cloud saves on Viva Pinata: TiP

Hello M0NOXiDE,

Thank you for keeping us updated. We recommend clearing the local Xbox 360 storage in the system settings. This will allow your console to attempt to grab the saved data from the cloud again. We will provide steps on how to clear the local Xbox 360
    storage on your Xbox One. If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend going to your

Xbox 360 storage settings
    to check for any corrupt files on the saved data for your game. You will know if it is corrupt based on the data having an exclamation point next it. If the saved data is corrupted, then it may not be able to be recovered. If the
    saved data shows no signs up corruption, we suggest attempting to
    upload the saved data
    to the cloud one more time. Be sure to let us know the results!

How to clear local Xbox 360 storage:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to pull up the guide
    2. Select Settings
    3. Select System
    4. Select Storage
    5. Select Clear local Xbox 360 storage
  6. xXl XTR3ME lXx Win User

profile "tampered with" and unable to play forza 4

hi there sorry to hear that your game save got corrupted did you recover your account on a different Xbox 360 console and saved the game on that? if you did you won't be able to play the game save on your Xbox the best option is to create a new game save
    on your console.
Thema:

1. Corrupted game save or not? Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Corrupted game save

2. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?: Hi noted my game file was corrupted after a patch update. Is there a way for me to retrieve an old cloud save for xbox PC? Game in question is Remnant 2 f6557681-f382-49da-9624-931e9e78e9a2
  3. Is there a way to fix a game save that's damaged but isn't corrupted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to fix a game save that's damaged but isn't corrupted: So I was playing sonic and all stars racing transformed last week I was racing in shabua downtown as the daytona usa hornet when after I played the game I turned off my xbox 360 however I go to...
  4. How to fix XBOX 360 S corrupted files (system file, profiles, game saves/downloads) and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix XBOX 360 S corrupted files (system file, profiles, game saves/downloads) and...: The title pretty much shows it all. How to fix? I can't save on any more games and play certain games, nor connect to Xbox Live since it needs a update and the error code is a code i've never...
  5. New to the forum. Xbox One X serious issues after playing cyberpunk. Corrupt save game data.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New to the forum. Xbox One X serious issues after playing cyberpunk. Corrupt save game data.: Sorry if this question has been resolved elsewhere. I have searched but am yet to find one that is entirely relevant to my situation. I will be as detailed as I possibly can. I have an Xbox One...
  6. Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...: For a year now, I have been unable to play Shenmue due to my cloud save being corrupt. The game only supports cloud saves, in offline mode, the game has no option to save. As a result of this,...
  7. Doom Eternal Xbox One X Corrupt Game Save -Please help.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Doom Eternal Xbox One X Corrupt Game Save -Please help.: Does anybody know a solution for a corrupt game save on Doom Eternal? I had a few more collectables to get but I have completed the game. So 10 more achievements to get in total. Every time I load...
  8. The surge: corrupt save game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The surge: corrupt save game: Hello. I am trying to load my save game of The Surge. After select the save game in the initial menu, the game try to start but after a few seconds the console is restarted. I suppose the save...
  9. Corrupt Cloud save game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Corrupt Cloud save game: Recently picked up some new packs for my kid's Lego Dimensions and the game first had to perform and update to include the Wave 2 game packs. Once complete, we tried to load our save game from...
  10. Corrupt Cloud save game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Corrupt Cloud save game: Recently picked up some new packs for my kid's Lego Dimensions and the game first had to perform and update to include the Wave 2 game packs. Once complete, we tried to load our save game from...