Corrupt cloud saves overwrite local saves, any way to fix?

Discus and support Corrupt cloud saves overwrite local saves, any way to fix? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Yesterday I played Final Fantasy XV on my PC. I shut down my PC soon after I closed the game so the saves were probably not properly synced to cloud. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by dblouisdb, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dblouisdb
    dblouisdb Guest

Yesterday I played Final Fantasy XV on my PC. I shut down my PC soon after I closed the game so the saves were probably not properly synced to cloud. I returned home and tried to play FFXV on my Xbox Series X and found that it had issues syncing cloud
    saves. So I turned on my PC to play FFXV and found that after syncing with cloud, all my saves were lost. Then I found my earlier saves on Xbox Series X were also overwritten by the empty ones synced from cloud. Is there any way to salvage my saves? I have
    already spent over 100 hours on it and hate to start it from ground up
    Corrupt cloud saves overwrite local saves, any way to fix? [​IMG]

:)

dblouisdb, Jan 20, 2021
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Which one do you want to use? Locally saved vs. cloud saved game data?

If you choose the cloud save it is going to pull it down and overwrite the local save.
  3. Spazpol Win User

Synced the wrong data for forza horizon 3

Did you already overwrite the cloud save with the local save data that you loaded?
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

The Horizon 4 in Steam Userdata can be resovle?

you overwrote steams cloud save, that's it, it is now gone. Never overwrite steams cloud save as the local one in that situation will be the newest save with nothing in it.

You won't get compensation as you chose to overwrite steams save and they cannot recover the old save as you have now synced the new one to steams server.

Nothing Microsoft or the Devs can do as the save is on steams cloud not Xbox cloud.

Same thing happened to me on Forza Horizon 5 but on Microsoft app not steam, it can happen on any platform that uses cloud saving.

I now manually backup all my saves weekly to a USB pen that way I can recover if it happens.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

How to undo save sync FH5 on PC

well, the save is gone, picking the local will resync to the cloud and overwrite your original save, there is no restore function, there is nothing that can be done.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

solitare games

Thanks but the games are using the cloud
    I believe you can choose to download the save from the cloud or "use local" when you start it up again after you reset the app.

Otherwise, I can't find any info on how to erase the save on the cloud except overwriting it with a local one after you do the above.
Thema:

1. Corrupt cloud saves overwrite local saves, any way to fix? - Similar Threads - Corrupt cloud saves

2. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?: Hi noted my game file was corrupted after a patch update. Is there a way for me to retrieve an old cloud save for xbox PC? Game in question is Remnant 2 f6557681-f382-49da-9624-931e9e78e9a2
  3. Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?: Howdy. For the record I am playing from a pristine Fallout 3 Disc#2(to run the DLC on Xbox One) and have had very little issue over the years(for a Bethesda game lol) Saving in Raven Rock in...
  4. Issues with corrupt cloud saves with series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with corrupt cloud saves with series x: So this has happened twice now with dramatically different total game play times. On this latest occurrence, I had around 40 hours of game play and progress. Played Fallout 4 last night, finished...
  5. Can corrupted Cloud saves be removed on our behalf?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can corrupted Cloud saves be removed on our behalf?: A number of weeks ago, Crusader Kings 3 began not launching at launch for me and several other issues. Several users have tentatively identified corrupted cloud saves as the cause, but we have no...
  6. Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...: For a year now, I have been unable to play Shenmue due to my cloud save being corrupt. The game only supports cloud saves, in offline mode, the game has no option to save. As a result of this,...
  7. Crysis not loading save data/ corrupt cloud data?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crysis not loading save data/ corrupt cloud data?: hey, I’ve been trying to play crysis on xbox one x. The game will boot up, however on the options menu, when you click continue game, it will not respond, the screen will flicker and remain on the...
  8. Corrupt Cloud save game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Corrupt Cloud save game: Recently picked up some new packs for my kid's Lego Dimensions and the game first had to perform and update to include the Wave 2 game packs. Once complete, we tried to load our save game from...
  9. Corrupt Cloud save game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Corrupt Cloud save game: Recently picked up some new packs for my kid's Lego Dimensions and the game first had to perform and update to include the Wave 2 game packs. Once complete, we tried to load our save game from...
  10. Cloud save sync errors and corrupt game saves, Fallout 4, How to turn off cloud game saves on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud save sync errors and corrupt game saves, Fallout 4, How to turn off cloud game saves on ...: Hello Due to the release of fallout 4 I finally decided to upgrade my 360 to an xbox one. I have played the console probably three times each time there has been a problem with my game saves. I...