Copying screen shots from Xbox to One Drive creates duplicate copies of the OG file. One...

Discus and support Copying screen shots from Xbox to One Drive creates duplicate copies of the OG file. One... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; What's happening here? Must have something to do with HDR ... but every image I copy up to One Drive becomes two files on One Drive. If i copy the same... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Cocorox, Oct 7, 2023.

1. Cocorox
    Cocorox Guest

Copying screen shots from Xbox to One Drive creates duplicate copies of the OG file. One...

What's happening here? Must have something to do with HDR ... but every image I copy up to One Drive becomes two files on One Drive. If i copy the same file to a USB stick and move it to my PC I get one image. I want just the one image please and it's not clear why this is happening or how to remedy. Help please?

rant: This used to be so easy, back when there was a companion app for xbox. Just open the app on the device you're trying to move an image to and while the web connection wasn't always reliable after a couple refreshes the file was just there. Now we have hoops to jump through and neither path (external portable storage or One Drive) is as convenient as before. Furthermore we're going to all have to get used to our screenshots copying up to One Drive because the xbox online storage is about to go away in a couple months. Surely I can't be the only one scratching my head and now having to go through and delete 50% of the images created during a copy (the "light" version is at least usable if slightly degraded).

:)

Cocorox, Oct 7, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Copying screen shots from Xbox to One Drive creates duplicate copies of the OG file. One dark, one light. I just want one, properly balanced image.

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Copying screen shots from Xbox to One Drive creates duplicate copies of the OG file. One dark, one light. I just want one, properly balanced image.

Hello Cocorox,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with copying screenshots from Xbox to One Drive. It sounds like the issue may be related to the HDR settings on your Xbox. When you take a screenshot with HDR enabled, the Xbox will save two versions of the image - one with HDR and one without. This is because some devices may not be able to display HDR images properly.

To remedy this, you can try disabling HDR on your Xbox before taking screenshots. This should result in only one version of the image being saved. Alternatively, you can try using a different method to transfer your screenshots, such as using a USB drive as you mentioned. Learn more here: Back up your game captures | Xbox Support

I understand that this may be frustrating, that makes Microsoft in constant work to improvement of services and apps and make things more convenient for more users.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Can you share worlds in MC 360 Edition?

You can make a copy of the world on your hard drive by going into the system settings and from there going into the minecraft area of storage where the save files are. You can copy the save file to make a duplicate and then with the duplicate transfer it
    using a Memory Card or a HDD link cable from your Hard Drive to your friends, alternatively use the cloud storage and transfer it that way.

TL;DR - Go to settings, find minecraft, duplicate world, transfer.
  5. greg_window10_instal Win User

external hard drive

ghostplayer8836,

"can i copy xbox one games from one external hard drive to another" Currently, you can only have two copies of a game (well, three if you count the one that's always in the cloud). One copy on your Xbox and one copy on a single USB 3.0 external drive. However,
    you should be able to have two external drives plugged into the Xbox and use the Move command to transfer the game/games from one to the other.

SA
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one s hard drive

What exactly do you mean by "upload" your 60Gb movie?

Are you trying to copy a movie file of yours to the internal storage of the console?

That won't work. You can't copy "outside" files into the Xbox One managed storage.

You can however simply insert an USB drive with your video file on it, and if it's in a supported format, play it directly from the attached USB storage drive.
Thema:

1. Copying screen shots from Xbox to One Drive creates duplicate copies of the OG file. One... - Similar Threads - Copying screen shots

2. Copy clip from console to HDD and back to console again

in XBoX on Windows
    Copy clip from console to HDD and back to console again: Have bought a " Seagate external HDD for Xbox " in order to copy all my clips i have in My feed. Works perfectly well , but now i see you can NOT copy back / transfer back a clip to your console...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. Save Data Copying USB Memory and SD Card

in XboX Insiders
    Save Data Copying USB Memory and SD Card: Would you like to be able to copy Xbox One and Xbox Series X's Game Save Data to USB memory? submitted by /u/nemesislivezx [link] [comments]
  5. My Valorant crashes and this problem is copied on the clipboard

in XBoX on Windows
    My Valorant crashes and this problem is copied on the clipboard: Fatal error: [File:Unknown] [Line: 498] Attempted to deserialize chunk that failed signature validation. Crashing. 0x00007fff797753ac (module + 0x00000000000653AC)...
  6. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?: Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I...
  7. Refund a gift copy of minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund a gift copy of minecraft: The region for the copy of Minecraft is wrong and I can't refund it on my order history section for some reason. I just want to refund the gift so I can send it from the correct region. Just...
  8. How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition: Hello During the merge of Minecraft and Microsoft I somehow lost access to my copy of Minecraft. I tried support to get it back but kind of gave up. Now I've realized I still have an email of the...
  9. Bought a physical copy of MLB the show 23

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a physical copy of MLB the show 23: Bought a physical copy of MLB the show 23. Diamond dynasty gives me a network error unable to load game. Moments will not work either 64816268-8673-4dae-986e-1adda268c5ae
  10. Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...: I completed the Minecraft post-migration process just prior to the December 18, 2023 deadline. This was supposed to give me a free copy of Minecraft. I also accidentally bought the game for this...