Copy Xbox slim 360 games into Nas network drive

Discus and support Copy Xbox slim 360 games into Nas network drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey Is there any way to copy all my xbox 360 console hard disk games into my home network NAS drive. Rdgs KSF 42a38342-792d-489c-9423-508aec0df6b9 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KSFSHY, Jun 18, 2016.

1. KSFSHY
    KSFSHY Guest

Hey

Is there any way to copy all my xbox 360 console hard disk games into my home network NAS drive.

Rdgs

KSF

:)

KSFSHY, Jun 18, 2016
  2. Media Player - NAS Query

Hi,

I was hoping to hook up my home network NAS to stream media to xbox one. Using the Media Player app on the xbox I can see the NAS device on the network and can connect to it and can navigate through content. However, the app won't identify content which
    is attached to the NAS device via USB (an external media drive I use for over-flow of content after running out of space on the drive built into the NAS). I know this setup works because I can see the external drive as an extra share both on my Windows PC
    and my wife's Infuse app on her ipad.

Is this a known issue?

Am I doing something wrong?

Any other apps that would solve my problem? Plex is a no at the moment as the NAS isn't good enough (WD My Cloud 3TB) to install Plex onto it.

Thanks.

CubicalPigeon57, Jun 18, 2016
  3. AzzBow81
    AzzBow81 Guest
    NAS - Ability To Save Game Data & Games To Network Storage

Hi, how difficult would it be to add the ability of the xbox one to save game data and games to a NAS? I appreciate you would need a dedicated drive as this would be formatted to xbox spec but i think this could be possible if you had an app on your NAS
    that detected an xbox one on your network, formatted the drive and gave you the ability to save to it. The drive could either be internal or external to the NAS via USB 3.0 or eSATA. This would pretty much give you the ability to add unlimited storage and
    make my gaming life complete. Thoughts?

AzzBow81, Jun 18, 2016
  4. murph17
    murph17 Guest

No, all external storage has to be USB based and formatted with the XBox's file system for use.

murph17, Jul 1, 2016
  5. eber3
    eber3 Guest
    I don't believe external storage any longer needs to be formatted with the XBox's file system. I bought a new external drive, plugged it in, and have successfully been using it without a problem for months despite never formatting it at all.

eber3, Jul 2, 2016
  6. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    I can't speak to the xbox 360 because I haven't used one in a long time but I can tell you that the One definitely has to be formatted to the Xbox file system and I can't see why the 360 would be any different.

{Parity}, Jul 2, 2016
  7. eber3
    eber3 Guest
    Well, I'm hardly an expert on this subject. All I know is that I didn't have to format mine, yet it works perfectly for saving and playing games. From what I've read online, if the external drive is preformatted as NTFS, FAT, or FAT32 then it will work straight
    out of the box.

eber3, Oct 31, 2018
  8. eber3 Win User

Well, I'm hardly an expert on this subject. All I know is that I didn't have to format mine, yet it works perfectly for saving and playing games. From what I've read online, if the external drive is preformatted as NTFS, FAT, or FAT32 then it will work straight
    out of the box.
  9. eber3 Win User

I don't believe external storage any longer needs to be formatted with the XBox's file system. I bought a new external drive, plugged it in, and have successfully been using it without a problem for months despite never formatting it at all.
  10. murph17 Win User

No, all external storage has to be USB based and formatted with the XBox's file system for use.
  11. {Parity} Win User

I can't speak to the xbox 360 because I haven't used one in a long time but I can tell you that the One definitely has to be formatted to the Xbox file system and I can't see why the 360 would be any different.
  12. bY liZaRD Win User

Can I still play games from the original xbox?

Thema:

1. Copy Xbox slim 360 games into Nas network drive - Similar Threads - Copy slim 360

2. Copy clip from console to HDD and back to console again

in XBoX on Windows
    Copy clip from console to HDD and back to console again: Have bought a " Seagate external HDD for Xbox " in order to copy all my clips i have in My feed. Works perfectly well , but now i see you can NOT copy back / transfer back a clip to your console...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. Save Data Copying USB Memory and SD Card

in XboX Insiders
    Save Data Copying USB Memory and SD Card: Would you like to be able to copy Xbox One and Xbox Series X's Game Save Data to USB memory? submitted by /u/nemesislivezx [link] [comments]
  5. My Valorant crashes and this problem is copied on the clipboard

in XBoX on Windows
    My Valorant crashes and this problem is copied on the clipboard: Fatal error: [File:Unknown] [Line: 498] Attempted to deserialize chunk that failed signature validation. Crashing. 0x00007fff797753ac (module + 0x00000000000653AC)...
  6. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?: Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I...
  7. Refund a gift copy of minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund a gift copy of minecraft: The region for the copy of Minecraft is wrong and I can't refund it on my order history section for some reason. I just want to refund the gift so I can send it from the correct region. Just...
  8. How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get back access to my copy of Minecraft Java Edition: Hello During the merge of Minecraft and Microsoft I somehow lost access to my copy of Minecraft. I tried support to get it back but kind of gave up. Now I've realized I still have an email of the...
  9. Bought a physical copy of MLB the show 23

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a physical copy of MLB the show 23: Bought a physical copy of MLB the show 23. Diamond dynasty gives me a network error unable to load game. Moments will not work either 64816268-8673-4dae-986e-1adda268c5ae
  10. Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I allowed to have 2 copies of Minecraft on the same PC Account? Why is my refund being...: I completed the Minecraft post-migration process just prior to the December 18, 2023 deadline. This was supposed to give me a free copy of Minecraft. I also accidentally bought the game for this...