Convert disc to digital game

Discus and support Convert disc to digital game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive had my series S for 2 years and I've always wanted to play Forza Motorsport 7 on it but i only have to the disc for the game so i did not want to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Khamfr, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Khamfr
    Khamfr Guest

Ive had my series S for 2 years and I've always wanted to play Forza Motorsport 7 on it but i only have to the disc for the game so i did not want to buy another copy , am i able to convert the disc to a digital version in any way?

:)

Khamfr, Aug 1, 2023
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Move a game on disk to digital.

The only way to get your disc game working on the "All digital" edition of the Xbox One is to purchase the game digitally.

It's not possible to "convert" a disc game to a digital game. Otherwise you could buy a disc, convert it to digital, and sell the disc to someone else who would then convert to digital, sell the disc and so on, until the whole world has the game digitally,
    and only one disc was sold.

So the only way to get a digital copy of your disc based game would be to buy the game digitally again.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

switch disc to digital

Short answer: No.

The reason is, that otherwise people would buy a physical disc, convert it to digital at no cost, and then sell the disc to someone else, who would then convert the disc to digital at no cost, and sell the disc again.

This can go on until the whole world owns the game, while the game maker only has sold one disc copy of the game, which would mean a huge financial loss for the game maker.

So no, because of that, you can't convert a disc game to a digital game "without extra cost".
  4. skylaar Win User

Transfer discs games to Digital XBox one s

As stated in these post, you cannot convert your disc games to digital and the advertisement for playing existing games possibly had some fine print stating it was existing "digital" games you own. Converting the disc games to digital would be nice but
    the developer would have to sign off on it and it is not just a Microsoft decision.
  5. iareBRENDEN Win User

Transfer discs games to Digital XBox one s

It plays your existing digital games. There is currently not a way to convert disc games to digitial
  6. Smwutches Win User

Convert physical disk to digital

The only way to convert it would be to purchase the game digitally. There is no discount for owning the disc
Thema:

1. Convert disc to digital game - Similar Threads - Convert disc digital

2. Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...: Basically when ever I go to bring the world to bedrock after transferring it to the one addition it go up to 16 percent then crashes the game 698cce11-900d-49a0-8b20-f58ba80e9854
  3. Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365: In Aug-2020 I purchased a copy of MS Flight Simulator and have the email receipt and order number. I only have and have ever had one email address, which is from a business I own. In 2020 I...
  4. Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's

in XBoX on Windows
    Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's: I have a HDMI splitter for possibly connecting two TV's to one Xbox series X and I was wondering if there is a way to input new coding to make split screen on one TV to full screen using two...
  5. convert a 16 character epic vbucks card to 25 characters

in XBoX on Windows
    convert a 16 character epic vbucks card to 25 characters: How do I convert a 16 character Fortnight vbucks card to 25 charaters? dd004f24-34e5-4277-90b9-f971fab47602
  6. I can't convert my 200$ Microsoft balance into Robux. What can I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't convert my 200$ Microsoft balance into Robux. What can I do?: Service Unavailable (microsoft.com) Error message: HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. 40182fce-ab9b-4574-b990-ad552c9f69bd
  7. Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?: I am playing "Klondike" in the Solitaire & Casual Games Collection. And have received coins in daily challenges. If there's no way to, still inform me. So I won't have a false hope....
  8. Can I convert my disc games into digital downloads?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I convert my disc games into digital downloads?: Backstory: I bought COD Modern Warfare on disc for a great price, and I've been playing it for several months now. My Xbox One S is giving me problems, and I have the opportunity to buy a new one,...
  9. Convert Disc to Digital copy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Convert Disc to Digital copy?: This is just an idea, that i think would be pretty cool and usefull. So, i stupidly bought a Disc version of ARK for xbox. After realising it was on Xbox Play Anywhere, so buying digital would...
  10. Convert disc to digital copy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Convert disc to digital copy: in the next update can yall make Xbox games were you can be able to convert a disc to a digital copy without pay because my Xbox one randomly ejects my disc for no reason and I seen a bunch of...