Convert disc to digital copy

Discus and support Convert disc to digital copy in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; in the next update can yall make Xbox games were you can be able to convert a disc to a digital copy without pay because my Xbox one randomly ejects my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PendantDrip2924, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Convert disc to digital copy

in the next update can yall make Xbox games were you can be able to convert a disc to a digital copy without pay because my Xbox one randomly ejects my disc for no reason and I seen a bunch of people on youtube with the same problem.... I cant play any of
    my games because all of them are disc and they all get ejected......i cant even watch a video or movie because it does this.................FOLLOW IF YOU HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM SO THIS CAN REACH THE XBOX PEOPLE

:)

PendantDrip2924, Nov 22, 2016
  2. Convert Disc to Digital copy?

It could be a possibility, only if the new Xbox Consoles could read and WRITE discs.

Gamingboy177 (Sam), Nov 22, 2016
  3. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest
    Convert Disc to Digital copy?

That would be great! Maybe even take it one or two steps further, and distribute games on a "one-time" use disc that bio-degrades after use. Or allow users to download games to a USB thumb drive from a PC, and then transfer the
    game to an Xbox.

Echo4Ent, Nov 22, 2016
  4. Convert disc to digital copy

This is an excellent idea. One person could buy a disc and all their friends could pop it in and convert it to digital! Then again... that's probably one of the reasons this would never happen... IMO.

Goth Vampirella, Nov 22, 2016
  5. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    With PC games like the sims 4 and cities skylines, if you get the disc version, you can play it digitally. During disc installation, the game offers you a one time installation with say one account from steam or origin or etc. Microsoft could do it. This
    way disc versions played digitally could be restricted to one xbox account and can be played without the owning account on the console it is installed. The owner can install it on another console, and if other people want to play it on the other console, they
    have to log into the account person who got it.

smileskybird, Nov 22, 2016
  6. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Your right it does, but that's because every PC game has a code that you have to type in when you install the game, something that we don't have obviously.

The other thing is that Microsoft wanted this exact same thing when the Xbox One launched, they wanted to allow you to install the game and then literally throw the disc away, but it was all done by the system and didn't need codes, the only downside was
    that you had to sign into Xbox Live once every 24 hours. What was even better was that because publishers would gain sales (fewer games traded in) publishers were apparently going to allow the owner of the game to "share" it with some of their friends (ten
    was being mentioned before launch).

Unfortunately none of this happened because a certain set of people read in the news reports afterwards DRM!!!!! and instantly cancelled their pre-orders and swapped sides to the PS4.

So to the original poster, this will never never never never never ever happen, purely because Microsoft tried it once, and lost a huge amount of sales.

Shaggy2000, Nov 23, 2016
  7. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    the primary reason why 24hr mandatory checks. the internet infrastructure is not reliable even by 2016 standards. and thwre are those who live in more rural areas. do it like pc. require codes. pc games require no mandatory 24 hr check ins. microsoft can
    do it they just need to do it right.

smileskybird, Nov 23, 2016
  8. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest

Microsoft were planning it before xbox 1 launched but far more people were against it because 24hr check ins. Its 2016 and the internet infrastructure is not reliable, it doesnt care which ISP you are with. Far too many people complained about it, and microsoft
    if they ignored the majority who didnt want 24hr check ins, it would be to microsofts detriment.

smileskybird, Nov 23, 2016
  9. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    You see, people said back in 2014 (or whenever the Xbox One got released) "Internet isn't reliable" "What if my internet is down for weeks"?

Microsoft had that covered, they basically said they would allow your console to sign in over your phone. They said it would be just a handshake and require very little data, so 3G would be enough.

Shaggy2000, Nov 24, 2016
  10. I think it's doable, not to the extent that OP suggested to share with friends, but to not need insert new disk to play a new game. So it becomes like digital purchase. Require being online to install disk, you usually are to get possible updates anyway.
    And serial from disk may not be installed on multiple machines if registered this way, and never to be sold second hand either maybe. Don't know all details needed when you get a refurbished machine and similar, but could be fixed at servicestation and maybe
    disk can be swapped over if that is ok.

But sure that all publishers of games prefer if everybody went digital, then no second hand possible. So to improve for purchase on disk is not likely. I will prefer disks anyway, don't want to waste so much bandwidth downloading. I would have to double
    internet fee just to get one AAA game a month, and take 15 hours or so each time anyway. You can get to a store and back in an hour.

BookishFlunky90, Nov 24, 2016
  11. Are we having this conversation again....... LOL

Convert disc to digital copy [​IMG]

It wasn't just the DRM, it was

1. The fact that you couldn't play the Xbox if you hadn't signed in for over 24hours. - regardless of whether you had the option of using a mobile phone to check in...... why the **** should you, just to play games YOU purchased on a console YOU purchased.
    Just look at what happens when Xbox Live goes down for any amount of time and you want to play a game, or even watch a Blu-Ray, and you haven't set your console to offline. Blimey, it even has trouble accessing my saves from the cloud when it's down and i
    can't play. Heck it would have been anarchy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. They removed your rights as a consumer when it comes to physical media and the way Xbox/PS4 games are sold. Under most countries laws, it is your right to be able to sell, trade, gift, barter, etc your physical disc because the disc acts as the license.
    Well done to all the people who stood up and kept your legal rights, MS only wanted to take them away, and tell you exactly who you could give them too

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. The amount of small games stores that would go out of business because 2nd hand gaming wasn't an option. Some of them need that revenue because they cannot compete with the likes of Amazon, Game, Gamestop, Tesco, Etc.

4. Main retailers may not have actually sold the Xbox if they could not do a trade in pre-owned games. as once again, a fair amount of their revenue comes from it.

5. What would stop them from not actually putting the game on the disc in future, and it becoming basically a disc/code based system, where you still have to download the game from the MS servers. It would end up that way, without a doubt. If they wanted a
    digital EcoSystem where the disc is no longer used, it would've happened, and those unlucky people who live in parts of the world where they have data caps, (and that includes the likes of the USA), with extortionate Gb rates, would have to pay over the odds.

6. The 10 Gameshare system, was never going to happen, just relive some of the old threads here from early 2013. How do you think a company that was willing to stop you from selling a game to anyone, that could perhaps be sold on about a maximum of 2-3 times
    before it loses all value, was willing to let you share 1 game with 10 people is beyond me. Even the youtube video out in 2013, the word mentioned was Demo, and then backtracked. Nothing was explained correctly and was purposely vague.

7. Last but not least, would there even be an Xbox One community if they had not reversed that silly decision. With the pre-orders stuttering and reversing and PS4 pre-orders going through the roof because of their 24 hour check in policy. How well do you think
    the Xbox would have fared. Another dreamcast, Another Jaguar, Another MegaCD. Who knows, but i can tell you without a doubt. You would not have the community on XBOX Live you do have now.

HairyLoveSpuds, Nov 25, 2016
  12. This would be great for the upcoming xcloud beta! I think it should be an extra feature with live gold.

TripleThreat_31, Nov 16, 2018
  13. banky71
    banky71 Guest

I think it would be cool. I just buy digital games now anyway.

banky71, Oct 31, 2018
  14. ArminatorX Win User

Move a game on disk to digital.

The only way to get your disc game working on the "All digital" edition of the Xbox One is to purchase the game digitally.

It's not possible to "convert" a disc game to a digital game. Otherwise you could buy a disc, convert it to digital, and sell the disc to someone else who would then convert to digital, sell the disc and so on, until the whole world has the game digitally,
    and only one disc was sold.

So the only way to get a digital copy of your disc based game would be to buy the game digitally again.
  15. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Microsoft were planning it before xbox 1 launched but far more people were against it because 24hr check ins. Its 2016 and the internet infrastructure is not reliable, it doesnt care which ISP you are with. Far too many people complained about it, and microsoft
    if they ignored the majority who didnt want 24hr check ins, it would be to microsofts detriment.
    I think it's doable, not to the extent that OP suggested to share with friends, but to not need insert new disk to play a new game. So it becomes like digital purchase. Require being online to install disk, you usually are to get possible updates anyway.
    And serial from disk may not be installed on multiple machines if registered this way, and never to be sold second hand either maybe. Don't know all details needed when you get a refurbished machine and similar, but could be fixed at servicestation and maybe
    disk can be swapped over if that is ok.

But sure that all publishers of games prefer if everybody went digital, then no second hand possible. So to improve for purchase on disk is not likely. I will prefer disks anyway, don't want to waste so much bandwidth downloading. I would have to double
    internet fee just to get one AAA game a month, and take 15 hours or so each time anyway. You can get to a store and back in an hour.
  16. SLB4EVERPT Win User

I dont know if is a good idea, since xbox disc reader cannot do that, and could lead to duplicate games into accounts.
  17. smileskybird Win User

This is an excellent idea. One person could buy a disc and all their friends could pop it in and convert it to digital! Then again... that's probably one of the reasons this would never happen... IMO.
    With PC games like the sims 4 and cities skylines, if you get the disc version, you can play it digitally. During disc installation, the game offers you a one time installation with say one account from steam or origin or etc. Microsoft could do it. This
    way disc versions played digitally could be restricted to one xbox account and can be played without the owning account on the console it is installed. The owner can install it on another console, and if other people want to play it on the other console, they
    have to log into the account person who got it.
  18. AdamKronus Win User

This is a really great idea! Being able to turn my collection of physical games into digital would be a great way to save space in my room!
Thema:

1. Convert disc to digital copy - Similar Threads - Convert disc digital

2. Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...: Basically when ever I go to bring the world to bedrock after transferring it to the one addition it go up to 16 percent then crashes the game 698cce11-900d-49a0-8b20-f58ba80e9854
  3. Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365: In Aug-2020 I purchased a copy of MS Flight Simulator and have the email receipt and order number. I only have and have ever had one email address, which is from a business I own. In 2020 I...
  4. Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's

in XBoX on Windows
    Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's: I have a HDMI splitter for possibly connecting two TV's to one Xbox series X and I was wondering if there is a way to input new coding to make split screen on one TV to full screen using two...
  5. convert a 16 character epic vbucks card to 25 characters

in XBoX on Windows
    convert a 16 character epic vbucks card to 25 characters: How do I convert a 16 character Fortnight vbucks card to 25 charaters? dd004f24-34e5-4277-90b9-f971fab47602
  6. I can't convert my 200$ Microsoft balance into Robux. What can I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't convert my 200$ Microsoft balance into Robux. What can I do?: Service Unavailable (microsoft.com) Error message: HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. 40182fce-ab9b-4574-b990-ad552c9f69bd
  7. Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?: I am playing "Klondike" in the Solitaire & Casual Games Collection. And have received coins in daily challenges. If there's no way to, still inform me. So I won't have a false hope....
  8. Convert disc to digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Convert disc to digital game: Ive had my series S for 2 years and I've always wanted to play Forza Motorsport 7 on it but i only have to the disc for the game so i did not want to buy another copy , am i able to convert the...
  9. Can I convert my disc games into digital downloads?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I convert my disc games into digital downloads?: Backstory: I bought COD Modern Warfare on disc for a great price, and I've been playing it for several months now. My Xbox One S is giving me problems, and I have the opportunity to buy a new one,...
  10. Convert Disc to Digital copy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Convert Disc to Digital copy?: This is just an idea, that i think would be pretty cool and usefull. So, i stupidly bought a Disc version of ARK for xbox. After realising it was on Xbox Play Anywhere, so buying digital would...