Controllers lose connection to Xboxes

Discus and support Controllers lose connection to Xboxes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My boyfriend and I have both of our Xbox One S set up next to each other in the same room while we’re visiting his family. For some reason both of our... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hokagKAY32, Dec 14, 2023.

1. hokagKAY32
    hokagKAY32 Guest

My boyfriend and I have both of our Xbox One S set up next to each other in the same room while we’re visiting his family. For some reason both of our controllers are losing connection to our Xboxs, sometimes at different times. It happens when we’re playing together and when we’re playing different games, it even happens when the other persons Xbox is off. The batteries are good, we’ve synced our controllers multiple times, what is going on?

:)

hokagKAY32, Dec 14, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox controllers losing connection. This could be caused by a few different things, but here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Make sure that your Xbox One S consoles are not too close to each other. If they are, they may be interfering with each other's wireless signals. Try moving them further apart and see if that helps.

2. Update Xbox Console and the controllers.

3. Check for any other wireless devices that may be interfering with your controllers. This could include other gaming consoles, wireless routers, smartphones or even Bluetooth devices. Try turning off any other wireless devices or placing them on different place away from the area and see if that helps.

4. Try using a wired connection instead of wireless. If placing wireless devices is inevitable, you may use wired connection. You can connect your controllers to your Xbox One S consoles using a USB cable. This will eliminate any wireless interference and should help keep your controllers connected.

5. If none of the above steps work, you may need to repair/replace your controllers. If your controllers are still under warranty, you can contact live support for assistance with getting them replaced.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. EddieHendrickson Win User

Controller losing connection

If the controller is having an issue staying synced, it could be the controller itself. The Kinect's IR is also able to sync the controller and if it is covered this may prevent the controller from re-syncing itself through the Kinect. If it happens when
    the Kinect is covered I would make sure to leave it uncovered and see if that helps. My other suggestion would be to see if it does it with another working controller or not as well.
  5. LaRisseClark Win User

Controllers losing connection

I need help with the controller pairing and also need to order a back to the controller where the batteries are kept.
  6. FabryZio3 Win User

Controllers losing connection

Try to check if there's an update for the firmware of it ;)
Thema:

1. Controllers lose connection to Xboxes - Similar Threads - Controllers lose connection

2. Is there a way to fix your control losing connection after clipping something

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix your control losing connection after clipping something: Usally when i attempt to clip a moment in the game after i press the button to clip. My remotes enters "pairing mode" as it blinks and goes on and off. On the screen it asks me to confirm my...
  3. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  4. Why is my xbox losing connection the second my controller disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox losing connection the second my controller disconnects: I am on the original xbox one - I will not buy the new xbox till I feel the need to since this worked fine until now Every time I play a game my xbox comes up with controller disconnected - even...
  5. Xbox Series X loses connection to controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X loses connection to controllers: Every few days now when I go to use my Xbox Series X, all of my controllers are "disconnected" from the Xbox. I will hit the power button on the controller like normal, and the Xbox will not turn...
  6. Controllers keep losing connection

in XboX Insiders
    Controllers keep losing connection: On my Xbox One, my controllers sync up and then almost immediately lose connection, causing endless blinking on the controller’s him e button. I originally thought it was my one controller acting...
  7. Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...: I purchased a Series X in July,at first there were no issues with connectivity, however, in the past month I have had issues with the controller dropping connection. I have tried different...
  8. Has there been any solution for the Xbox elite series 2 controllers losing connectivity to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has there been any solution for the Xbox elite series 2 controllers losing connectivity to...: Beyond frustrated I have had this happen with 3 different Xbox series s and 4 Xbox elite 2 controllers!!! Once it starts it doesn't stop! I've had it happen to me while sitting at the home screen...
  9. When i play on my xbox app for a while on PC my contoller will lose control. While I'm...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i play on my xbox app for a while on PC my contoller will lose control. While I'm...: When i play on my xbox app for a while on PC my contoller will lose control. While I'm aiming or turning the xbox app will glitch and cause me to keep turning or throw off my aim. I tried all...
  10. Why does my controller lose connection and will not connect back? (Been through all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller lose connection and will not connect back? (Been through all...: Controller will de-sync randomly while in use, slow blinking light on controller. The firmware is fully updated and there's no Xbox updates needed. Controller power cycle doesn't work, and...