Controllers (inc. RB4 equip.) disconnect, Xbox One doesn't power off

Discus and support Controllers (inc. RB4 equip.) disconnect, Xbox One doesn't power off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had Xbox One for two years now (almost to the day). Around March 2017, my wireless controllers started disconnecting, then reconnecting after a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jenjoma, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Jenjoma
    Jenjoma Guest

I've had Xbox One for two years now (almost to the day). Around March 2017, my wireless controllers started disconnecting, then reconnecting after a few minutes or less. This includes the Rock Band guitars and drums. Gameplay became difficult. Sometimes
    it would be days before it happened, other times it would happen several times a day, day after day for a week or more. I tried new batteries. Most times the wired controller works (once in a while it doesn't), but that doesn't help me for RB4. I tried
    re-synching the controllers. I tried updating the controllers. I tried a hard power-off/re-boot. I tried moving closer. I tried disconnecting other equipment nearby (although it was the same stuff that had been there for months, but I tried). Last night,
    the controllers would not connect at all AND the XBox will not power off unless I unplug it!

Any suggestions? Is there something else I can do? Any idea WHY it is doing this? Please help.

:)

Jenjoma, Jun 30, 2017
  2. TeeKnox
    TeeKnox Guest
    Have to power cycle Xbox to reconnect controllers every few days

About a month ago I got an Xbox One with two controllers. I've found that every few days, my controllers won't connect again until I do a full power cycle of my Xbox One. I'll go to turn on the Xbox with a controller, and the controller flashes until it
    shuts off again. I then fully power off the Xbox by holding the power button, power it back on, and the controller can connect again.

The disconnect has never happened while I'm playing (though I'm not ruling out that it could). I don't believe this has anything to do with interference since it doesn't matter how close the controller is to the Xbox; it will not reconnect until the power
    cycle. Any suggestions?

TeeKnox, Jun 30, 2017
  3. ebay. console only xbox one

well im giving it a go and ill let you no how it turns out

Xbox one on a budget
    Xbox one £170
    power brick £16
    controller £27.50
    total £213.50 inc postage

shooter 6 6 six, Jun 30, 2017
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

[PC] Xbox One Controller Won't Turn Off

Hi Basx3,

The controller will need to be disconnected from the provided USB cable to allow the controller to turn off. Since you are on the PC, the controller does not have the same power menu the Xbox One does to manually shut off the controller.

The USB cable is supplying power to the controller from your computer.
  5. Tormaz Win User

Can't connect to my wireless network from my xbox one.

Hello!

I would recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps, and see if it works after each one.

1. Hard Reset the Xbox

2. Reboot all of your Networking Equipment

3. Power off & Disconnect your Xbox from power for 30 seconds, plug back in & power back on

4. Change the Wireless password to a new one & try it
  6. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Modern warfare 2019 only giving me the option for warzone and not campaign

I understand. Try checking the game page if you can't download it there. You can also try downloading from other devices such as the Xbox mobile app or the computer

If it still doesn't work, you may be clearing the cache, this procedure usually solves some problems.

You can try clearing the Cache to solve this problem: With the Xbox One turned on, press the “Xbox” button on the controller;
    In the menu, navigate to the “Profile & system” tab (the one with your avatar picture);
    Enter “Settings”, “General”, “Power and startup mode”, “Complete shutdown”;
    Select the “Turn off” option and confirm;
    Wait until the Xbox One and controller lights go out; Disconnect the power cable from the back of the Xbox One (in detail, the port on the Xbox One X);
    Wait 30 seconds to 2 minutes;
    Reconnect the power cable to the Xbox One and turn it on.
    To clear the Xbox One's cache, it's not enough to just unplug the power cord from the socket, it's necessary to completely disconnect it from the back of the console. This prevents any residual input of energy into the equipment, and once the supply is cut off, the cache memory is completely cleared.

Without the cache file, Xbox One will need to download new data and load information from main memory to create a new bank, but overall, console performance will be better and loading speed will increase. Finally, you will have more space available on the internal disk for games and apps.
  7. Unreal Warfare Win User

monitor or tv

You can set the Xbox One to turn the TV on or off with the Xbox One when it powers up or powers down. It does this with the Kinects IR blaster. Works for AV equipment too. It works for the majority of compatible TV and AV equipment.
  8. murph17 Win User

Rock Band 4 - SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER

No the RB4 Xbox One guitar will only work with the Xbox One.
Thema:

1. Controllers (inc. RB4 equip.) disconnect, Xbox One doesn't power off - Similar Threads - Controllers inc RB4

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  10. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631