Controllers Disconnecting Issue

Discus and support Controllers Disconnecting Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, I own an Xbox series x that is roughly one year old. I constantly run into an issue with controller connectivity. Even when I have a brand new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maxwell Gerritt, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Controllers Disconnecting Issue

Hi All,

I own an Xbox series x that is roughly one year old. I constantly run into an issue with controller connectivity. Even when I have a brand new controller (fresh out of box), fresh batteries, recently updated and reset Xbox controller and console, I run into this issue. The controllers disconnects and reconnects about 20-30 seconds later. The problem happens ever 5-10 minutes. My Xbox is essentially not useable. I’ve read all the forums, suggestions, and pages and have not been able to figure out how to get my Xbox to controller to stop disconnecting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I haven’t been able to play my Xbox series x without the controller plugged ever….

Microsoft, if you’re reading this, please just bring back the older generations of Xbox. I’ve owned every model Xbox over the last 14 years and I’ve never had a controller connectivity issue. The controller connectivity issue makes the series x unplayable and the worst model Xbox on the market.

:)

Maxwell Gerritt, Feb 13, 2024
  2. Mister Mascot Win User

Intermittent Controllers After Update

Hey there FancyCalf51007,

Sorry to hear about the controller disconnecting issues. Please take a look at this guide and see if it helps out with the disconnecting issue. Xbox One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect

Let us know how it goes!
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Vanguard Controller issue ...

Connecting the controller with a USB cable doesn't work,

Controller still disconnects even with a USB cable connected,

I have the same issue with Series X using mouse and keyboard for Call of Duty Vanguard.

I played during the beta and there was no problems with the controller disconnecting but as soon as the game released, the controller disconnects,

I've tried a Xbox One controller Series X controller, with batteries and a USB cable, and the controllers still disconnects.
  4. MattyRums Win User

Since "cortana" update my controller disconnect issues have returned

5. LegoNinja187 Win User

Issue with controller disconnecting from console, and console disconnecting from the internet

It sounds like 2 separate issues, One being the controller disconnects, and the other being the console disconnecting.

Are you able to plug your console into router with an Ethernet cable?

as for the controller issues

See if anything on this page helps you: http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

have you tried connecting the controller to the Xbox via cable?
  6. masterchief0402 Win User

Controller disconnecting issues

Thema:

Controllers Disconnecting Issue

1. Controllers Disconnecting Issue - Similar Threads - Controllers Disconnecting Issue

2. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  3. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  4. Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller: For some reason I think my external hard drive keeps disconnecting my Xbox controller, whenever I try to resync my controller to the Xbox the Xbox won’t blink. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  5. Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after: I used this controller for a month now, it worked great, and it still does if i plug it in with a cable, but out of the blue today it decided to stop working as it did usually. I tried basically...
  6. Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller. Just started having issues with it. The controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in. Xbox light on it works and everything. No updates...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  8. Xbox Controller Disconnect PC Issue

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller Disconnect PC Issue: Hey guys, Anyone happened this issue before? Xbox logo lights on but can't press anything on game sometimes. On fifa/efootball games Its really annoying you lost gamepad control while you...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Disconnecting Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Disconnecting Issues: For some reason when my series 2 controller is not connected with a USB cord, it keeps disconnecting randomly. I've updated both my controller and console, I've tried turning off the vibration,...
  10. New Delta Release Might've Fixed My Controller Disconnection Issues

in XboX Insiders
    New Delta Release Might've Fixed My Controller Disconnection Issues: Over the last year, all of my xbox controllers have frequently disconnected off and on while using my XSX. I have tried almost every fix, but they seemed to be only temporary solutions. After the...