Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable

Discus and support Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, it's been multiple days i've tried to connect my controller (Dualshock 4) to my laptop through USB but my PC charges the controller yet doesn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by noah Ntenga, May 27, 2024.

1. noah Ntenga
    noah Ntenga Guest

Hello, it's been multiple days i've tried to connect my controller (Dualshock 4) to my laptop through USB but my PC charges the controller yet doesn't recognize it

The problem doesn't come from the game I play since the controller simply doesn't appear in device manager

I think the problem comes from my laptop and not from my controller/câble

It's also not the USB PORT since I can connect both my mouse/headset on it and they work perfectly well

When I plug the controller in, it makes a yellow light, telling me that the controller is charging yet I can't use it, I tried DS4 windows, USB drivers update but doesn't work

Also my controller worked on my pc a year ago

The only thing I changer is I uninstalled every Xbox like application but I don't think it's related

Can I get any help?

:)

noah Ntenga, May 27, 2024
  2. noah Ntenga Win User

Found the answer myself, some cables are made just to charge, not to permit utilizing stuff so try getting the most REGULAR cable u can instead of going for some hybrid stuff
  3. AustinBeauchamp Win User

Can't revert firmware on Xbox Wireless Controller 1914, firmware version 5.13.3143.0. Loss of PC bluetooth functionality

The controller is recognized when plugged in via a usb cable and works as intended. Uninstalling the driver when plugged in and restarting doesn't change that behaviour, the controller is still recognized when plugged in and works.

Connecting to bluetooth remains the same issue though. Either it doesn't show up in the bluetooth devices search, or when it does, it fails to connect (prompting to "try again" every time)
  4. AriFrost Win User

Xbox One gamepad disconnects after connecting other controller.

One thing I just found out, the Xbox pad works with others when connected with a cable, previously I was using a bluetooth adapter which came with the controller.

Any chance of fixing it to work via bluetooth? As in, Xbox controller via bluetooth, other controller via cable.
  5. JoJoMaster Win User

Xbox doesn't connect to my PC, missing controller driver in the device manager

This is the only cable I've right now. Maybe I lost it while I was packing my luggage. I guess I've to buy a new one. If the new cable doesn't work, then it must be the problem of the controller.

Just bought some AA batteries. I tried the Bluetooth connection, but my laptop doesn't seem to pick up the signal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsBPkAUMoiE at 4:50

This guy also had trouble connecting the controller via Bluetooth without using an adapter. Do I need an adapter to use the Bluetooth function?
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Turtle beach connect to pc

yes as the controller works on bluetooth but there is no audio passthrough via bluetooth, either plug the controller in with a cable and hardwire the headset into that or use xbox wireless adapter.
Thema:

1. Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable - Similar Threads - Controller works Bluetooth

2. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  3. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  4. share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller: a month ago, the share button on my xbox controller was able to take screenshots using bluetooth or USB. But after updating Windows a week ago, the sahre button cannot be used via Bluetooth. can...
  5. My controller wont work anymore after trying to get bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    My controller wont work anymore after trying to get bluetooth: Firstly I would like to say what I was trying to do was use Bluetooth instead of a cable to play games so I didn't need a cable to play games (my PC does not have Bluetooth). Before I did anything...
  6. When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my headset is plugged into my controller over Bluetooth it does not work. It works...: I have updated the controller’s firmware and have used 2 different headsets with this same problem. Thx in advance for any help or ideas. c0d340b6-5047-450c-b9e4-f706899d4489
  7. Vibrations not working with Elite 2 Controller when connected via Bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Vibrations not working with Elite 2 Controller when connected via Bluetooth on PC: I have recently purchased the Xbox Elite 2 Wireless controller. I use this controller via Bluetooth. The problem is when I play games like Forza 5 on my PC, I do not get any vibrations. The...
  8. Xbox controller to bluetooth stops working after one day.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller to bluetooth stops working after one day.: Hello, I have xbox x and my controller was working well on remote with my phone connected to bluetooth for one day, then next day stops working at all - same controller. I have phone xiaomi poco...
  9. Xbox controller not work connected by bluetooth on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox controller not work connected by bluetooth on PC: Hi,I have Windows 10 pro, version 22H2, Build os 19045.3155 When Xbox controller is connected by USB, it works fine, but when connected by Bluetooth, it is not working at all. Since I can't...
  10. I tried connecting xbox S controller to iphone and bluetooth paired but not working in game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I tried connecting xbox S controller to iphone and bluetooth paired but not working in game...: Basically exactly what my question topic says….. i have tried reconnecting my controller over and over and am quite infuriated at this point, because i then hop on the cloud gaming on my iphone...