Controller Won't Update

Discus and support Controller Won't Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is a very strange one . I understand a new Firmware update for Xbsx controllers was released a few days ago (5.21) so i thought i would update my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Piston Scrumpy, Mar 13, 2024.

1. Controller Won't Update

This is a very strange one . I understand a new Firmware update for Xbsx controllers was released a few days ago (5.21) so i thought i would update my controller , on the device screen it says a update is available and my current fw is 5.17 , i go to update and i get the unable to update message ( ive tried every available way with no success) . To make things even more annoying i received a replacement controller today and i updated the same way but this time it was successful and it now says there is no update available for that controller, thing is the replacement controller is now showing as operating with FW version 5.13 ! Anyone no why one controller wont update at all and the one that does is now using a seemingly older FW version? All my controllers are linked to my account btw. Below is the message i get when trying to update.
    Controller Won't Update [​IMG]

:)

Piston Scrumpy, Mar 13, 2024
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Controller won't update

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will
    be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you all again and happy gaming!
  3. Polo Water Win User

Controller won't update

Hi

Thanks for your help, there are no error codes as the box where it says to update is greyed out. It's a wired controller with a 3.5mm audio input, i have tried with and without headset connected but that does nothing either.
    I have the exact same thing, any fix?
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Controller won't update

One other thing to try is, while the console is completely off, connect the controller via uSB plug/play charge cable and turn the console on. It may report an update is required, so allow the update to complete.

Otherwise run the update from System>Settings>>Accessories again.

If you use an adapter try updating with and without the adapter connected.
  5. Polo Water Win User

Controller won't update

Hard testart you're consoles if not i know its probably something you dont wanna do but Reset you're xbox
    I've done both and it still doesn't work.
  6. ORB RIPSAW Win User

Controller won't update

Hi

Thanks for your help, there are no error codes as the box where it says to update is greyed out. It's a wired controller with a 3.5mm audio input, i have tried with and without headset connected but that does nothing either.
Thema:

Controller Won't Update

1. Controller Won't Update - Similar Threads - Controller Won't Update

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  4. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  5. I threw my controller troller now it won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    I threw my controller troller now it won't work: I threw my elite core controller on the ground and when I go to turn of the xbox using the on screen method and the little white box that surrounds the options you are hovering over whenever I go...
  6. Xbox one controller disconnected from USB cable during update on PC and won't reconnect?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one controller disconnected from USB cable during update on PC and won't reconnect?: I haven't used this controller in a little while, i usually just play wired anyways. But the only microUSB cable I have is unreliable at this point so I wanted to try getting bluetooth working....
  7. My Xbox One controller won't connect to my PC after updating it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller won't connect to my PC after updating it: My xbox one controller wouldn't respond properly if it was more than a couple inches away but would connect just fine. So I updated it in xbox accessories but now it won't connect at all in any...
  8. My xbox elite series 2 controller won't take an update. Every time I update it, it says it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 controller won't take an update. Every time I update it, it says it...: It will no longer stay connected via wireless anymore either 287d8158-f427-492f-bb19-f0f1722de372
  9. After the last update on Xbox series X, my controllers won't work unless connected via USB....

in XBoX on Consoles
    After the last update on Xbox series X, my controllers won't work unless connected via USB....: After the latest update on the Xbox series x, I can only use my controllers when they are connected with the USB cord. Turned the Xbox and controllers on and off. Still not working. This problem...
  10. Xbox series X controller won't update on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X controller won't update on PC: I have a problem with my Xbox series X controller, I have an update to do because my controller is several firmware versions behind the last release but I hit a brick wall. Every time I try to do...