Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

Discus and support Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fishycoaster, Jun 23, 2024 at 5:32 PM.

1. Fishycoaster
    Fishycoaster Guest

Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever.

:)

Fishycoaster, Jun 23, 2024 at 5:32 PM
  2. KOX KingOfXbox4 Win User

Controller problem?

Did not work :( , and its weird it happened all of a sudden. When I start playing I turn on controller but console does not turn on so I manually press power button on console and when I am done and hold down power button on controller and click shut down
    console the controller stays on and i have to hold power button for on 5 seconds on controller to shut down controller. Not a major issue more of an annoyance that I wish it just worked.
  3. KSAnnihilation Win User

Controller connected but won't work?!?!?!?

My problem is similar to brydog23

my controller works fine until it disconnects, be it i disconnected it or it stayed idle for 15 minutes, after that i hold the xbox button and the controller shows its connected, however no buttons work, not even if another controller was connected, the
    Kinect works fine however to reconnect the controller i have to power-cycle the console every-time.
  4. GaryWinteringham Win User

Xbox One powers back on after I turn it off. HELP

It's because your controller is still on, i ran into this problem myself when trying to fully shutdown the console on a night, when you hold the power button to shut it down for some reason the controller stays on which then boots the console back up. To
    sort this first turn off your controller first then hold the power button down, the controller then won't boot it back up.
  5. dendari Win User

Launch xbox one S just died... what to do?

Hey there Shermas.

Let's have you start out by resetting your display by powering off your Xbox One completely (hold power button for 8-10 seconds until it shuts off completely). Once your Xbox One is off, hold down the power and eject button until you hear a second beep.

I tried this and nothing happened.. Does it matter that my system isn't sending a video signal anymore? The white power button lights up, but the HDMI input source is now staying dark.
    Ok you are supposes to hold the bind button and the eject button at the same time. The bind button is below the power button. It worked once, but would not reset to factory defaults and now wont reset again.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

(Rarely appears) Xbox One S controller tries syncing after turning off Xbox One S

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your post, if the controller is staying on after the console is powering off, try hard resetting the console with these steps:

1. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds (while it is on)
    2. Release the power button after 10 seconds
    3. Press the power button as normal to turn the Xbox back on
    4. Attempt to power the console off as normal to check if the controller continues this issue

Normally if a controller stays on after the console is powered off the controller will time-out and turn off on its own, so it should not cause any harm.

I hope this information helps, thanks again.
Thema:

1. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button - Similar Threads - Controller wont stay

2. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  3. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  4. No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried...: No Matter What Controller I Use My Right Analog wont Respond. Xbox Series S Ive Tried Everything Any Help ? fef22dac-555e-41f8-ac3e-ccd7dd1aea27
  5. Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller. Just started having issues with it. The controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in. Xbox light on it works and everything. No updates...
  6. Why wont my xbox controller connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller connect?: So ive been using my usb c xbox controller for 2 years now and last night it just stopped working, It connects every now and again but when it does connect it immediately disconnects. Is there any...
  7. My Xbox controller keeps forgetting the Xbox and wont reconnect

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox controller keeps forgetting the Xbox and wont reconnect: My Xbox series X controller keeps randomly disconnecting every now and again even though it has full battery. When it disconnects it completely forgets the Xbox and refuses to resync. The only way...
  8. Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset: Alright so, yesterday i decided to download a game (specifically modern warfare 2019) and the speed was fine around 200/mpbs after around 30 mins it slowed down to 20/mpbs so i decided to restart...
  9. Xbox controller wont show up on bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont show up on bluetooth: My xbox elite model 1 controller wont even show up on bluetooth. It has new batteries its literally against next to bluetooth adapter, i tried reseting controller and pc many times and it just...
  10. Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables: my controller isn't turning on no matter what i do with it... tried new batteries and tried all USB-C cables in the house and the button wont even flash. i've only had the controller for about a...