Controller while playing Cold War keeps shutting on and off

Discus and support Controller while playing Cold War keeps shutting on and off in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; While playing Cold War the controller shuts on and off. Tried to sink it. And tried a different controller. All it does is shut on and off. I even... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by James Thomas5, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Controller while playing Cold War keeps shutting on and off

While playing Cold War the controller shuts on and off. Tried to sink it. And tried a different controller. All it does is shut on and off. I even unplugged every thing for about 2 hours and it starts up again.

:)

James Thomas5, Jul 22, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,James! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Is it only happening with cold war?

Have you checked for any controller updates?

While connected with a USB cable:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Under Profile & system, select Settings.

Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.

On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

If it says there’s no update available, your controller is current. If it says “Update,” follow the steps provided.
  3. Killer Kenny Win User

Xbox series X overheating!

I am having the same problem on Call of Duty Cold War Multi Player. My Series X console will shut down in the middle of game play. The controller remains on. Microsoft please help?
  4. Adolfocampos28 Win User

Xbox series x crashing/ shutting down randomly

Thats whats happening to me ive been playing xbox literally the past two days and its been in the same spot, and i start playing cold war and it keeps freezing and turning off
  5. Reefkrazy Win User

Xbox one shutting down trying to load store

Doesnt matter if its wired or not. Got the store to open and while downloading a game it shut down. Took it all apart and the fan is running on the board. The xbox was in a cold room. Never got hot. No codes. Just shuts off
  6. II Smilie II Win User

Controller keeps shutting off

Hi there! :) The controller itself possibly has outlived it's life time. It might be a faulty connector (The springs on the bottom of the battery pack) which means it loses the capability (at that time) to power the controller. I suggest try using rechargable
    batteries, or buy a new contoller. (They are pretty cheap depending on the brand) I hope this helps :)
Thema:

1. Controller while playing Cold War keeps shutting on and off - Similar Threads - Controller while playing

2. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  3. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  4. Controller not working while plugged in and on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not working while plugged in and on: So this morning I noticed my controller wouldn’t respond at all while it was plugged in so I unplugged it and did it again and it was fine. then I was playing fc24 and I noticed the same problem...
  5. Xbox one s controller randomly disconnected while console was off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one s controller randomly disconnected while console was off: Hello, my xbox one s controller had randomly disconnected for no reason, there’s been no problems with it and it was working fine last night, I’ve tried hard reset and trying to pair but nothing...
  6. Xbox X controllers vibration is too weak while playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X controllers vibration is too weak while playing: Hello, I got an issue around my xbox X regular controllers, both. it was working fine until i realized the vibration does not work fine, it is super low and weak. I did nothing to controllers, no...
  7. Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?: Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing? f55893a7-05c8-4c37-b615-ec16ab388c31
  8. My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??: I have a brand new wired PDP controller for Xbox and it turns off while playing any idea why?? 748dc5ae-dda5-4bc5-9a09-d3e9684ff49d
  9. When i play on my xbox app for a while on PC my contoller will lose control. While I'm...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i play on my xbox app for a while on PC my contoller will lose control. While I'm...: When i play on my xbox app for a while on PC my contoller will lose control. While I'm aiming or turning the xbox app will glitch and cause me to keep turning or throw off my aim. I tried all...
  10. Can you enable a virtual controller while using remote play on mobile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you enable a virtual controller while using remote play on mobile?: Thanks for answer in advance. e615d3d2-e0bd-40d9-a5f9-14c384cc2254