Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

Discus and support Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JaceBane, May 18, 2024.

1. JaceBane
    JaceBane Guest

Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the components and motherboard would dry quickly. I reassembled everything, even bought thermal paste to reattach the heat sink properly. The Xbox turns on, I can play games, but it won't see that there is a wifi network to connect to, and the controller sync button does nothing when pressed. I did accidentally scratch the motherboard while trying to remove the x clamp. Is that why these two chips aren't working? Any idea of how much this would cost to fix?

:)

JaceBane, May 18, 2024
  2. Rishabh0067 Win User

Can someone help me re sync my controllers ?

Sync the Controller:
    To sync a wireless controller with your Xbox, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button on the controller to turn it on.
    Press and hold the small sync button on the front of the Xbox Series X console (located near the USB port).
    While holding the sync button on the console, press and hold the sync button on the controller (located on the top near the Xbox button).
    Release both sync buttons when the controller's Xbox button starts flashing. The controller should now be synced with the console.
  3. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Xbox series S only home button working on controller

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

Try this procedure, hope it helps: Plug the power cord back into your Xbox Series X|S; Turn on the control; Press and hold the sync button on your Xbox Series X|S; Press the sync button on the controller until the time it starts flashing rapidly, then release it.

Hope I helped and see you soon
  4. onyxishere Win User

Controller Problems

Have you tried syncing the controller to the console? Hold the sync button on the front of the controller and the sync button on the console (on the left side just before the usb) until the light on the controller syncs.

If that doesn't work then try heading over to Settings>System and update the controller to see if that helps.
  5. floggingcholly Win User

Xbox Series X Hardware Issue

My controller started doing that (Series S) and was unresponsive (console never shut off, though) and I replaced the batteries and unplugged everything from the wall for a few seconds and restarted using the controller and I haven't had an issue since
    (sorry if that doesn't help)
  6. CodySlay Win User

controller won't connect

Your console doesn't blink at all after pressing the sync button ? Might be an issue with the front panel board ...
    One note though : controller doesn't connect to console using Bluetooth but through WiFi Direct 5GHz band (proprietary variant).
Thema:

1. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S - Similar Threads - Controller sync button

2. How do I sync up my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I sync up my controller?: The xbox series x controller won't sync. The controller randomly disconnected. I tried to turn it back on and it started flashing. I tried to sync it up with my xbox by pressing both sync buttons....
  3. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  4. Controller Wont Sync To Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Wont Sync To Xbox Series X: For the past couple days, my controller randomly stopped syncing. I’ve tried: -Restarting Xbox -Unplugging Xbox - Battery Swap -Updating Controller The only thing that seems to work is...
  5. Xbox 360 controller does not sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller does not sync: I just bought an play & charge kit for my xbox 360 controller, when I plugged it in on my 3.0 and 2.0 usb ports windows reproduces the sound of a new device connected and even shows correctly the...
  6. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  7. 2nd controller synced but buttons ignored

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd controller synced but buttons ignored: This is related to this question here but I wanted to actually answer the question (it looks forgotten & we have the same issue):...
  8. no controller will connect and sync button on console will not work

in XboX Insiders
    no controller will connect and sync button on console will not work: never had this problem until today when i got home. can’t connect any controller and the sync button will not work on the console. i had to use my phone to update the console via the remote...
  9. My xbox series s sync button isn't working and my brand new controller is just blinking and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s sync button isn't working and my brand new controller is just blinking and...: I hold the sync button and it won't do anything and my controller I bought yesterday worked but when I tried to get on today it just blinks and won't work 08f264bb-1fa2-48b9-8833-42c8211fa657
  10. My Xbox’s sync button is broken and my controller will not connect with a usb cable is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox’s sync button is broken and my controller will not connect with a usb cable is...: I’ve tried many usb cable and looked up so many tutorials and I haven’t found thing of use 90fef901-bf11-4bef-b184-3c2184662ffc