Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does...

Discus and support Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, recently I purchased an xbox elite series 2 controller for use with my pc, it was working well for a while, until suddenly it stopped. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by dsyelxic, May 7, 2023.

1. dsyelxic
    dsyelxic Guest

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does...

Hello, recently I purchased an xbox elite series 2 controller for use with my pc, it was working well for a while, until suddenly it stopped. When I plug the controller in, it vibrates and the light turns on as if it's being connected, but it does not show up under windows or device manager or steam. I have tried multiple cables. I think I may be missing the drivers, but not sure how to re-install them. Doesn't show up under Xbox Accessories either, and I don't own an Xbox so I can't update it that way either. Thanks.

:)

dsyelxic, May 7, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about that here.

First, make sure to install the latest updates of your Windows and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store.
    Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...
    Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...

If everything has been updated, please go to the Device manager by searching it from your Start menu search bar. Once you are in that window, reinsert your controller so you can identify its driver. Once you found it, right-click and uninstall it. Restart your computer and plug in your controller back then wait for the driver to be installed automatically.

If you couldn't find the controller driver, please go to Other devices and find the Universal Serial Bus controller or USB driver and uninstall them manually. Restart your PC for them to be installed automatically.
  3. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  4. dsyelxic Win User

Didn't fix it, it won't show up as its own driver under device manager and I uninstalled all of the Universal Serial Bus controllers to no effect.

Edit: I managed to get it working via Bluetooth (which for some reason only works when connected via cable) but it still won't work wired.
  5. Benscookies Win User

Xbox One controller wire not lit when plugged into PC

Hello!

It should light up as long as it's plugged into both power and the controller. If it's charging the controller, most likely the light on the cable is defective. If it's not charging the controller then it may be something with the power source, cable, or
    controller.
    does it only glow when charging? i just use it for playing, wired. But other than the lamp being defective, it works
  6. Mister Fitzer Win User

Can't get my controller to work

Hey OP, does the controller still light up while plugged into the console? If so, and if the other controller works fine with the same battery packs/cable, I'm afraid that controller will need to be replaced.
Thema:

1. Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does... - Similar Threads - Controller suddenly stopped

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console: At some point, when I tried to turn on the console using the controller, as usual, I noticed that the console would not turn on, and the xbox indicator on the controller began to blink slowly. I...
  4. Xbox elite 2 controller suddenly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller suddenly disconnecting: Hello all of a sudden my Xbox elite 2 controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting during game play i even tried plugging the cable directly into the controller and still starts flashing for...
  5. Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...: I have 2 Xbox Series controllers, which i use witch my PC. At first i played via bluetooth and didn't notice any problems. Then i started using cable because i was tired of buying new batteries))...
  6. Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration: I have had the series x for awhile and recently had sudden issues with input lag from my controller where I can't aim properly and the acceleration speed seems way high so I checked my controller...
  7. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  8. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  9. Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding: Recently the buttons on my Xbox series X/S controller have stopped working. This includes the D pad, sync, screenshot, two square, three lines, LB, RB, X, Y, A, and B buttons. Both joysticks and...
  10. Xbox one controller joysticks and triggers suddenly stopped working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one controller joysticks and triggers suddenly stopped working: Everything on my controller works perfectly except the triggers and joysticks, suddenly they stopped working completely, even the L3 and R3 1a63d913-534b-4b38-8ddb-7599c686eaf2