Controller stick drift - Microsoft doesn't provide any help - only fake forms

Discus and support Controller stick drift - Microsoft doesn't provide any help - only fake forms in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought an Xbox Series X just a little over a year ago, the warranty is still valid for almost 8-9 more months, without being much used, now the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BalenOutlook, Oct 19, 2023.

1. BalenOutlook
    BalenOutlook Guest

I bought an Xbox Series X just a little over a year ago, the warranty is still valid for almost 8-9 more months, without being much used, now the controller has stick drift issue, it's been fully updated, it's clean, but games aren't playable with this issue. I tried the virtual trouble shooting, I tried to fill a service requests, nothing seem to work, it's as if they have put fake support pages.

I reach the address page when trying to fill the Device Service & Repair form, it stops at "Deliveries can’t be made to PO boxes, parcel lockers, or locked bag addresses." but I have not provided such addresses. I checked this platform with the same question, someone posted a link to a request replacement page, that page also takes you half way, it then stops responding. Online support, all seem to be fake, it gives you 3 grayed out options, nothing clickable, no real contact information is provided either.

What's this nightmare! I paid a lot of money for this console, is there someone decent out there who can provide real help?

:)

BalenOutlook, Oct 19, 2023
  2. BalenOutlook Win User

Thanks for your response. I've already tried those, as I said, nothing seems real, all are fake. I think I've got the picture now. The controller isn't used much, it's almost new, but the drift is there, it's real, and it's constant, you move the stick to get a normal view of the games, it moves back immediately to the lowest angle. It's not coming from a broken part, but a faulty design. I think Microsoft released the product knowing of the faulty design, it was probably cheaper for them to offer real support to a fraction of people than to recall millions of controllers.

My options are, thinking of sunken cost, rescuing the console by buying a new controller for it, given I don't know how long will last (it too could stop working), or throw out the console altogether and switch to PS. I would rather try the latter. Thanks for nothing.
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hi BalenOutlook,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with your Xbox controller that's having problem with the stick drift and having trouble sending it for a repair. We truly understand how frustrating this can be, especially you cannot use the controller.

We recommend that you need to speak with our Xbox Live support. It's best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further check your concern and provide you a timely resolution with your concern.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. DAZZA 433 Win User

One year old Xbox One X controller has drift on right stick and excessive battery use.

Unfortunately stick drift is common with all controllers form all platforms and occurs due to wear and tear.

The only way of fixing that issue is replacing/warrantying the controller or replacing the thumbstick sensors in the control yourself (requires good soldering skills)
  5. ruger280 Win User

controller drift

That is strange. I've only ever had stick drift on my old 360 controllers. I don't know if the standard Xbox one controllers have it, but the Xbox Elite controller sticks can be adjusted to have dead zones to avoid drift. Check in the Xbox Accessories
    app if you can adjust it for normal controllers.
    Have my elite controller set up and still drifts. Can't do standard controller. Did notice they drift worse on any COD.
  6. Bandido1508 Win User

Does Microsoft Complete warranty cover stick drift for the Elite series 2?

If best buy does not sell it in your country I doubt if the Microsoft store will either. Stick drift was covered under the warranty for controllers, and Microsoft only replaces your controller, they will not repair your controller.
Thema:

1. Controller stick drift - Microsoft doesn't provide any help - only fake forms - Similar Threads - Controller stick drift

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  4. My elite 2 controller arrived with stick drift.. I sent it back under warranty to get it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My elite 2 controller arrived with stick drift.. I sent it back under warranty to get it...: Is this fixable? The remote is still under warranty until 2025 e47b0853-a9a3-4aaa-9320-9f88a4592785
  5. Xbox Series X controller stick drift and missing inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller stick drift and missing inputs?: I've had the Xbox Series X and its controller for around 2 years now. (Probably past the warranty sadly.) I also have many other controllers with analog sticks on them. I've had a Nintendo Switch...
  6. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  7. Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller: The controller sometimes doesn't register any upwards movements, or just gets stuck between up and down on the left analog stick. After looking up the issue, it appears that many other people have...
  8. How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?: Fairly recently, I've had terrible upward drift on my right stick. It shows up even in the recalibration menu, but after recalibrating it still persists. I thought it was a controller issue, but...
  9. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  10. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...