Controller Sent for repair. Returned in same condition

Discus and support Controller Sent for repair. Returned in same condition in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently sent an Xbox Elite 2 controller in for repair. The A and Y buttons both stick when depressed. The controller was received, "inspected", and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Christopher Conway1, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Controller Sent for repair. Returned in same condition

I recently sent an Xbox Elite 2 controller in for repair. The A and Y buttons both stick when depressed. The controller was received, "inspected", and sent back within the same day. The controller came back with no paperwork and the exact same issue. I have tried to contact Microsoft several times over the last few days, but the calls got suspiciously cut off right before a resolution. I'm not sure what my next step would be. The controller is under warranty until June of 2024.

:)

Christopher Conway1, Dec 15, 2023
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Christopher C, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem, it is somewhat strange that the controller was returned the same day since mostly when a controller is received by the Microsoft/Xbox company the repair process usually takes a while (I say this from experience own). Keep in mind that you are talking to a Player/User like you who helps or works here on the forum as an Independent Advisor who helps other players with basic problems, but I am not a Microsoft employee.

Having said that, these types of repair issues cannot be addressed here since, as I mentioned before, this is a public forum where we are all players like you. I would recommend you contact Support through the following link, where you can enter a live chat or request a call.

Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

I hope you understand, if you have any other questions let me know as I will be happy to offer my help again.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. Courtney Todd Win User

Hello again Christopher C,

I understand the inconvenience Christopher, currently it is probably a little difficult to contact Support due to the date since it is December, and it is Christmas, therefore the volume of people increases a little. If you want my opinion, I would tell you to keep trying since it is the only option to talk to Support.

I would really like to offer you a little more help but as I mentioned before I am just a gamer like you, and I am not a Microsoft employee, the other option is for me to release your question so that another expert or community member can give you some extra information But they will basically tell you the same thing.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  4. Christopher Conway1 Win User

Thank you for replying. The issue is, I have tried to contact Microsoft support all week. Every time I have gotten to the point where they start to present options for me, the call gets disconnected. After two disconnections, I have to wait until the next business day. It is definitely not my phone, I've tried two separate ones. Its a very frustrating customer support experience.
  5. Pujinator Win User

Black Screen When pressing Xbox Button

I had the same issue. And after sending it into repair and having it sent back in same condition that I sent it in I still 35 days later have no working xone. It has been escalated to tier 3 twice and still no word from Xbox. Customer service however nice
    they are useless. I wish I could return this $500 paperweight and get a ps4
  6. TheJackah Win User

Xbox One returned poorly?

Hey there!

Sorry to hear of your servoce experience.

In regards to support telling you that there is nothing to be done: that is entirely incorrect.

When you send your console in for repair, it has to be returned in one of two conditions:

- Same condition as it was sent (only if found to be working correctly)

OR

- Better condition (repaired or replacement [new] console).

Anything else is not acceptable.

I recommend you get back on to support here:
    support.xbox.com/.../contact-us
    and show them your thread here, with my reply, and don't take no for an answer, because if that is how your console has been returned, then it needs looking into and resolving to customer satisfaction.

Hope that helps!
Thema:

1. Controller Sent for repair. Returned in same condition - Similar Threads - Controller Sent repair

2. i sent my controller off for repair on the 5/5/2024 and it doesnt show on the status that...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i sent my controller off for repair on the 5/5/2024 and it doesnt show on the status that...: i sent my controller off for repair on the 5/5/2024 and it doesnt show on the status that it has been received by microsoft. Help please? 86788785-5641-491e-9413-4b2865b650ac
  3. I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have sent my controller back for a repair/exchange under warranty but had no update?: I sent my controller via UPS with the label I was provided under warranty from microsoft, I have checked the progress of the controller and on UPS it says it was delivered on the 5th, but I have...
  4. Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it

in XBoX on Windows
    Sent ES2 controller in for repairs almost 1.5 years ago, still dealing with it: I’m posting this here out of desperation. I sent my ES2 controller in for warranty repair in November 2022. Over the course of about a year, I called XCS several times to try and find out about...
  5. I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...: My microsoft return order number is 2023912676 and serial number is 02710125334239, while shipping it back to the warehouse for repair I included the wireless connector with it, will I get it back...
  6. What do I do if I sent a controller to get repaired only for it to come back in the same...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do if I sent a controller to get repaired only for it to come back in the same...: I sent my controller to be repaired by Microsoft only for it to not be fixed at all, is there anything I can do bc775a4d-1fb8-452d-8648-901645bd8b63
  7. Sent my Xbox controller back for repair in June . sent my controller back to me with wrong...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sent my Xbox controller back for repair in June . sent my controller back to me with wrong...: Hi I sent my Xbox controller for repair in June . I contacted in July to ask where it was they said they sent it to my postal shop I asked for the invoice number so I could pick it up. However it...
  8. Where is my controller I sent in to repaired?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where is my controller I sent in to repaired?: I purchased an Xbox controller, and it was faulty when I opened it. I sent it in to be repaired under warranty. I saw on my MS account page they had received and were working on it... and then a...
  9. I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and Microsoft lost it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and Microsoft lost it.: I sent my xbox elite controller to repair under warranty 3 months ago and I called support 5 times and so far no one can't find my controller, at this point I want a refund, how I can get it?...
  10. Sent controller back for repairs a month ago and never received it back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sent controller back for repairs a month ago and never received it back: I’ve contacted support multiple times via email and call. I was told today they would call me back because the “offline team” was in a meeting and they needed information regarding my request....