Controller says on but its not

Discus and support Controller says on but its not in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One controller says its connected to the console but it wont move anything on the screen. Help? 83d0a1fd-1781-48f7-81c8-77f78584e205 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mountaineer98, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Controller says on but its not

My Xbox One controller says its connected to the console but it wont move anything on the screen. Help?

:)

mountaineer98, Jan 3, 2014
  2. pollock1978
    pollock1978 Guest
    controller

my controller says the head set it hook up but its not. its not a wireless head set. any ideas

pollock1978, Jan 3, 2014
  3. aAbC456
    aAbC456 Guest
    xbox one sign in problem

Eveytime i used to turn on my xbox 1 the kinect will sign me in automatically but now it says kinect sign in failed. Then says to sign in with xbox controller then i tried that but it says my password is incorrect when its not. What do i do?

aAbC456, Jan 3, 2014
  4. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest

I would suggest trying a hard reset. Push the Xbox logo on the front of the console for 8 seconds until it shuts off. Then wait 20-30 seconds and start it up again. That should help. 9 times out of 10 a good reset will clear up issues like that.

CMUchippewa, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Soft reset hold down X1 power button for 8 seconds, nothing lost.... If a hard reset is needed that is a factory reset and you will have to enter data that was erased during the process. Information, like game saves, etc will redownload once you log back
    into live.

PrimitiveMeat, Oct 31, 2018
  6. PrimitiveMeat Win User

Soft reset hold down X1 power button for 8 seconds, nothing lost.... If a hard reset is needed that is a factory reset and you will have to enter data that was erased during the process. Information, like game saves, etc will redownload once you log back
    into live.
  7. CMUchippewa Win User

I would suggest trying a hard reset. Push the Xbox logo on the front of the console for 8 seconds until it shuts off. Then wait 20-30 seconds and start it up again. That should help. 9 times out of 10 a good reset will clear up issues like that.
  8. PatchMadeJay Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller RB & LB Double Clicking

Yes it says the controller is at its latest update
  9. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Flight Simulator says its free (its not)

Hi AlexMcLeodNZ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Xbox forums! I am sorry to hear that Flight Simulator was promoting itself in our Window store for free. Thanks for letting us know; we're looking into it. If you wish to play this game, we do offer it on our Xbox Game Pass subscription, along with over 100 other PC titles. Currently, we have a promotion to sign-up for three months of Game Pass for PC for a $1. Again, sorry for the confusion. Have a wonderful day and happy gaming.

I hope these suggestions help! If this answers your question, please mark the thread as “Answered.”
  10. JamInSince83 Win User

Voice ( Hearing )

are you using a wireless controller/headset?

I assume you use wireless controller as you say youve changed batteries.

what about a wired controller/headset?

if its fine with wired and not through wireless control then theres something not right with the console and its wireless sync with controllers.
Thema:

1. Controller says on but its not - Similar Threads - Controller says

2. Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller says Try connecting your device again.: As the title says it, I cannot connect my controller wirelessly or with a wire. Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Ram: 16gb Mobo: Gigabyte B550 UD AC-Y1 SSD: WD sn750 se 1tb I have tried to...
  3. i ordered a controller off of the xbox store on my xbox and it says it has been delivered...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i ordered a controller off of the xbox store on my xbox and it says it has been delivered...: i ordered a controller on the 29th march and it has not arrived. it says on the dpd tracking website that it’s been delivered so i downloaded the app and it said it was delivered to somewhere...
  4. Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox one saying unauthorized accessory for my Xbox controller: [img] This at the top is info on the controller the one at the bottom is the controller itself [img] 8b883425-0891-4122-b705-b883f4591fb1
  5. Both triggers saying pressed on xbox controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both triggers saying pressed on xbox controller.: Hi. My friend gave me his old xbox controller, and both of the triggers are saying pressed when they are in fact not. I have tried a ton of things, even taking the whole controller apart, but I...
  6. Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...: Whenever I go on any game like roblox.gta.or any Lego game it says controller disconnected or it doesn't let me start I have to get a controller just to press start so I need to know how to fix...
  7. Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. Have changed batteries,...: Trying to play Fortnite and it keeps saying reconnect controller. I have changed the batteries, updated controller, console etc and it still says it. Unable to play...
  8. Xbox Series X controller permanently saying headset attached when no headset is attached

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller permanently saying headset attached when no headset is attached: I’ve had my Xbox X a week and today have had the issue where the controller is saying there is a headset attached permanently when there isn’t in fact a headset attached, I’ve updated the...
  9. I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...: I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it includes paddles. What I can do? a4e8ce38-c7d5-46d5-bd93-f2a984c28027
  10. When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try to put my parental control pin into fortnite, it says it's wrong even when I...: My parental control pin for fortnite is saying it's not correct. I have signed in to change the pin several times and it still says it's not correct b5517c80-1b79-4a64-8b20-8c1125a33627