Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered.

Discus and support Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Until recently, I was able to plug my controller into my console with a USB cable, then plug speakers into the controller, and the controller would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CarlYounger, Apr 2, 2024.

1. CarlYounger
    CarlYounger Guest

Until recently, I was able to plug my controller into my console with a USB cable, then plug speakers into the controller, and the controller would stay on indefinitely. Now it turns off after 15 minutes, as if it's using batteries.

I'm using a Logitech G920 racing wheel, but I was using the same wheel before I had this issue.

+ The console is a Series S.

+ There are no batteries in the controller.

+ I have updated the controller firmware.

+ I only have one account on the console.

+ The console is set to Sleep Mode (not the energy-saving Shutdown Mode).

I cannot play any driving games with my wheel Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered. :(

:)

CarlYounger, Apr 2, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi CarlYounger, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, reset your console.

Before you continue, make sure you've got the account sign-in information. You'll need it to log back into your console after the reset.

You can follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let me know if it works!
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Gaming Headset with Computer Monitor

xbox does not support usb headsets to my knowledge so you would not be able to use 3.5mm to usb adapter.

why is your controller turning off after 15 minutes, if its the battery or battery pack you may need a new one, or plug your controller into a charger or usb port to keep constant power on.
  4. NCSU Woofpack Win User

Xbox one powers off when watching video

The issue doesn't occur after hours of play (well, it would then too).

The console will go from cool and powered off to powered on then to crashed and powered off as quickly as I can log in and boot netflix (~15-30 seconds of video, maybe 2 minutes total of being powered on).

I believe the power brick is showing the amber light once the system powers down.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Xbox controller won’t turn back on?

Hi

Firstly can you fully power down your console by pressing and holding the power button on the front of the console for 5-10 seconds. Once the console has shut down remove the batteries and connect the controller directly to the console using a USB cable
    and then power the console back on and once the dashboard has loaded wait for about 10-15 minutes then try turning the controller back on. Hopefully the update should have completed in the background and your controller switch back on.

If this does not work please try again with an alternate USB cable as some are only set up for charging devices.
  6. jmarks2001 Win User

Controller "low power state"

I read through the different articles linked on that page and only found one mention of the controller shutting off. In the "Your Xbox Wireless Controller Shuts Down" article, it says that the controller is designed to shut down after 15 minutes to conserve
    batteries. This isn't the low-power state I'm referring to. The old 360 controller did this.
Thema:

1. Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered. - Similar Threads - Controller powers down

2. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  3. Xbox controller only functions when connected to power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller only functions when connected to power: I want to use an Xbox wireless controller on pc. My PC has Bluetooth 5.3 (MSI B650 Gaming Plus WIFI, Ryzen 5 7500f, RX 7800xt). I have tried two different brand new controllers and had the same...
  4. AA batteries leaves long time in controller, after inserting new batteries no power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    AA batteries leaves long time in controller, after inserting new batteries no power on.: I placed AA batteries 8 to 10 months in the Xbox controller, and I recently opened it but batteries are in leaked condition, I recently inserted new batteries but not getting power to the...
  5. Help with my power A controller.

in XboX Insiders
    Help with my power A controller.: I have a Power A wired controller with the specialized usb-c cable but I lost it and I just have a regular controller with no other wires that can fit into it. I’m stumped on what to do does...
  6. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  7. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  8. Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port: Hi all, So I have a series x/s controller that I've had for a while now that I mainly use on my pc by connecting it with a USB C cable but a few days ago it didn't turn on, I've tried connecting...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  10. Forza Motorsports fails to keep the controller active, even though its powered and speakers...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Motorsports fails to keep the controller active, even though its powered and speakers...: I wanted to switch from Forza 4 to Forza Motorsports, but it broke my audio. I play with a wheel, but also plug in a controller (using a USB cable) to access the audio (there's no other audio-out...