Controller power problems

Discus and support Controller power problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller wouldn’t turn on, even after changing batteries, then, when I connect my controller to a USB-C it creates a buzzing noise and still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Benagahfucnxoa, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Controller power problems

My controller wouldn’t turn on, even after changing batteries, then, when I connect my controller to a USB-C it creates a buzzing noise and still wouldn’t turn on.

:)

Benagahfucnxoa, Jun 28, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Unfortunately if your controller doesn’t work when connected to your console with a USB cable, your controller needs to be replaced.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. winecraft-83C85889-9 Win User

Right stick not working but it is... help me plz :(

Update: I've narrowed it down to being a problem with the second connected controller. I tried skyrim twice with each controller (first connected controller) in separate sessions (power cycled and everything) and both times no problem with the controller.
    In minecraft (separate sessions, power cycled) the problem each time - alternating controllers - and each time the issue was with the second connected controller. tried other 2+ player games and had the same issues I am having with minecraft. Please help!
    :(
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox one controller power on problem

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

Have you tried updating the firmware?

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...

I believe it is a physical defect, but to be sure it is necessary to take it to a technician to identify the defect, microsoft only performs repair in control with a maximum of 90 days after purchase.
  5. jimmyneufeld Win User

Xbox 360 controller power problem

The contacts r in place and clean
  6. ngocphi Win User

Xbox 360 controller power problem

Have you looked a the contacts?

If they are caroded they won't work

And there is no o warranty and you will be lucky to find a controller nowadays
Thema:

1. Controller power problems - Similar Threads - Controller power problems

2. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  3. Xbox controller only functions when connected to power

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller only functions when connected to power: I want to use an Xbox wireless controller on pc. My PC has Bluetooth 5.3 (MSI B650 Gaming Plus WIFI, Ryzen 5 7500f, RX 7800xt). I have tried two different brand new controllers and had the same...
  4. AA batteries leaves long time in controller, after inserting new batteries no power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    AA batteries leaves long time in controller, after inserting new batteries no power on.: I placed AA batteries 8 to 10 months in the Xbox controller, and I recently opened it but batteries are in leaked condition, I recently inserted new batteries but not getting power to the...
  5. Help with my power A controller.

in XboX Insiders
    Help with my power A controller.: I have a Power A wired controller with the specialized usb-c cable but I lost it and I just have a regular controller with no other wires that can fit into it. I’m stumped on what to do does...
  6. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  7. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  8. Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port: Hi all, So I have a series x/s controller that I've had for a while now that I mainly use on my pc by connecting it with a USB C cable but a few days ago it didn't turn on, I've tried connecting...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  10. Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in: My brand new Series X has this strange behavior but I'm not sure if I should return it or even if this a problem I shall be worried about. On the other hand, I would rather return it now instead...