Controller pairs but doesn’t work

Discus and support Controller pairs but doesn’t work in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I’ve been having this issue a lot recently and I have no idea what causes it or why it’s happening. Whenever the controller turns itself off from... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/xkips, Dec 27, 2023.

1. /u/xkips
    /u/xkips Guest

So I’ve been having this issue a lot recently and I have no idea what causes it or why it’s happening.

Whenever the controller turns itself off from inactivity and I return to turn it back on, it’ll turn on and connect back no problem but it won’t have any type of input when buttons are pressed. So far the only way I’ve managed to get it to start working again is unplugging/plugging the console to power.

Never had this issue in the past with previous consoles until Series X came around. Controller is up to date on updates so I’m lost as to why it happens.

Anyone know what I’m missing/doing wrong?

submitted by /u/xkips
    [link] [comments]

/u/xkips, Dec 27, 2023
  2. VOX9R Win User

Infrared lights won't come on for controller

Pull out the batteries in the controller that works, and try pairing the new one before pairing the original. If that doesn't work, it's likely you have a faulty controller.
  3. Lewis Anderson1 Win User

When i attempt to turn my series s controller on it just keeps flashing

i can’t update my controller because i can’t turn it on to go into settings and it is paired but it’s just when i turn it on it just doesn’t stop flashing for a moment then goes off , it’s charged aswell
  4. Chris Hall-[xboxvenu Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 - Party chat doesn’t work

Same result. It doesn’t work. I can plug in my regular controller and it works fine. It just doesn’t work on the elite 2 controller.
  5. Matthew Riquelmy Win User

Why is the sync button on my console deactivated?

Tried with multiple cables, unable to control Xbox without the controllers pairing. Only solution I’ve found is unplugging and hard resetting the Xbox multiple times and just getting lucky hoping it doesn’t happen again. No Microsoft response has helped, just an upsetting Xbox bug
  6. WillianBaierle de Ol Win User

Xbox Elite controllers not connecting in Windows 10 Bluetooth

So, did a few more test and found an interesting pattern:

On a new user on windows:

1 - Pair the controller fresh. Works fine. I can also switch to my user and its working.

2 - Restart the windows with the controller paired. Stops working. Controller shows as paired but its never recognized as explained in last reply.

3 - After step two if i remove the pairing and add again while in the same session of windows it works. It also works if i paired the controller originally in the user 2, got back to my user and restarted the pc.

4 - If i remove the pairing and then restart the pc without any pairing then its stops completly, it is never found again for a new pairing. this is true even in the new user. If i create a third user on windows then this user works until i do the same step.

So that explains why i was able to pair first time in my pc but never again. For some reason if i restart the windows without it paired then i can never find it again on that user, and only creating a whole new user things work
Thema:

1. Controller pairs but doesn’t work - Similar Threads - Controller pairs doesn’t

2. Hdmi not working after trying to pair a controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi not working after trying to pair a controller.: So after 3 systems having hdmi issues i still decided to stay with xbox for whatever dumb reason. Regardless i got this one fixed awhile ago and it was working fine until a month ago 4k stopped...
  3. Xbox controller won't enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller won't enter pairing mode: hello! so ive been trying to connect my xbox controller to my ipad for an hour now and it just won't connect. it flashes for a split second before the controller just turns off. does anyone know...
  4. xbox one controller pairing issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller pairing issue: We recently helped our daughter move from college to back home for the summer. During the move, her (original) xbox one somehow lost its left side panel (pic) where the pairing button is. We are...
  5. My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What...: I purchased a new xbox elite series 2 core controller. Yesterday I tried connecting it to my pc via Bluetooth but controller is not going into pairing mode (holding pairing button for 3 seconds)....
  6. Xbox X controller no longer pairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X controller no longer pairs.: My Xbox ONE X controller no longer pairs to my console. It seems to be since it updated 14/04. I have tried all troubleshooting suggested and still doesn't work. It's not interference as was fine...
  7. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...
  8. Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb: My xbox one controller wont pair to my pc properly when I connect the end and front of the micro usb to the controller and the pc I have to hold the guide button to turn it on and it pairs to my...
  9. Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement: I'm having problems connecting my xbox controller to my PC since I replaced my MOBA, the last one was a B350 and I buyed an bluetooth adapter Realtek 5.0 to connect my Xbox Controller to it, after...
  10. Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode: I hold the sync button either constantly or for 3 seconds like most tutorials suggest but it just blinks for around 10 seconds and returns to the solid glow without ever appearing in my MacBook’s...