Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

Discus and support Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; About two weeks ago roughly it started out as a sort of intermittent problem, Fortnite, and my new love Lego Fortnite would occasionally with seemingly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brandon Kulow, Jan 15, 2024.

1. Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

About two weeks ago roughly it started out as a sort of intermittent problem, Fortnite, and my new love Lego Fortnite would occasionally with seemingly nothing triggering it, all input controlling the game wouldn't register at all. Controller or M and K... I'd simply close app restart and then it'd work fine again the entire time never having a problem with using inputs in the menus or anywhere other than when I actually loaded into a fortnite match. And then nothing registers not a single button other than the Xbox button and windows key respectively close app now and it doesn't fix anything at all. This is all on series X and I've also turned on ignore gamepad input as epic games suggested to do to fix this. Which did nothing. Before it was as though I could literally use a controller and M and K together I could literally use the left joystick and mouse combo which is incredible when setup properly by the way. Lol

All of the mentioned inputs all work flawlessly on any other game than Fortnite by the way...

Regardless now Epic isn't responding, and every single time I load in now except for a very few rare occasions again I didn't change anything it just seemed to work all on it's own... And am absolutely furious that I can't do anything about it.

Anyone else have this issue?

I've seen controller issues but not necessarily just like this from what I've searched?

:)

Brandon Kulow, Jan 15, 2024
  2. YSAMURAISHINOBI Win User

is Xbox doing anything about the XIM cheating issue? Because it sure doesn't seem to be the case.

explains why it was stated the series x could detect them. Still incorrect though, input are still registered on the console, the xim formats the input from mouse and keyboard to simulate a controller. but to continue your argument, it still holds no ground. If the developers of games can detect it and push it forward IP-ban should happen. As it currently stands that does not seem to happen.
  3. Swift Oldboy Win User

The game of Dautless can be played with a Keyboard & Mouse on Xbox One?

Unfortunately it does not register the Mouse and Keyboard input for Xbox One.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Can I play Rainbow six siege with keyboard and mouse in 2023? And if so how?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Yes, you can play Rainbow Six Siege with a keyboard and mouse on Xbox Series X/S.

Connect your keyboard and mouse to your Xbox Series X/S console. You can connect them directly to the console's USB ports or use a USB hub if you need more ports.

Once your keyboard and mouse are connected, start up Rainbow Six Siege on your Xbox Series X/S.

In the game's main menu, navigate to the Options menu.

From the Options menu, select the Controls tab.

From the Controls tab, select the Controller Type option.

Change the Controller Type to Mouse and Keyboard.

Customize your keyboard and mouse settings to your liking.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Does it work?

6. Arminator Win User

DOUBT!

The Xbox can't be controlled by keyboard and mouse through the Stream mode at all. While it's possible in the Minecraft Bedrock Edition to use Keyboard and mouse, all other games don't accept keyboard and mouse input at all.

You might have to try Minecraft, if you can control it via Keyboard and mouse while streaming to your PC.
Thema:

Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

1. Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Controller Mouse Keyboard

2. Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard: I have tried deleting the drivers but it still persists. Shares the same address as the Mouse and keyboard in device manager. Each time I press the left thumbstick it pops up keyboard....
  3. Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my keyboard and mouse on a game it either says "controller disconnected"or...: Whenever I go on any game like roblox.gta.or any Lego game it says controller disconnected or it doesn't let me start I have to get a controller just to press start so I need to know how to fix...
  4. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  5. Xbox one s disconnects controller, saying switch to keyboard and mouse.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one s disconnects controller, saying switch to keyboard and mouse.: As soon as I switch on xbox my controller does not work. Try syncing xbox and controller. Controller will turn on xbox and let me enter my pin then I get notice to switch to keyboard and mouse....
  6. Controller - keyboard & mouse glitching

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller - keyboard & mouse glitching: I just got a controller to use on my PC and when I opened a game when I walked forward or backward it would also move up and down on the command menu (the game was kingdom hearts) I thought it was...
  7. My Xbox elite controller is acting like a mouse and keyboard.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox elite controller is acting like a mouse and keyboard.: My controller controls my mouse and keyboard and every time I play games this bothers me a lot. I downloaded Xbox accessories and updated the controller but I don't know if that has to do...
  8. My Xbox Controller keyboard and mouse all disconnect from windows simultaneously. Anyone...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller keyboard and mouse all disconnect from windows simultaneously. Anyone...: Around a month ago my keyboard and mouse have been simultaneously disconnecting from windows for a little while. This became very annoying especially when gaming. I upgraded from windows 10 to 11...
  9. How do you use a mouse and keyboard for game pass on PC? It wants a controller for every game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you use a mouse and keyboard for game pass on PC? It wants a controller for every game.: How do you use a mouse and keyboard for game pass on PC? It wants a controller for every game. 14aa0f9a-d9d0-4f8e-bf14-98219e221604
  10. Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is there a 3 second delay when I use controller? Mouse and keyboard also not working: I just got a controller and started playing DayZ with my mates again, but there a massive delay when using controller, I tried to use the mouse and keyboard option but it doesn't work for some...