Controller not turning on.

Discus and support Controller not turning on. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Its been barely 6 months since I got my Xbox series S, recently my controller disconnected mid match and I at first assumed it was my play and charge... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Invincible1, Jun 15, 2024.

1. Controller not turning on.

Its been barely 6 months since I got my Xbox series S, recently my controller disconnected mid match and I at first assumed it was my play and charge battery being low (didn't get the notification but also didn't think about the fact that I would get one anyway) so I went and got 2 AA batteries, nothing so I got my USB C and plugged it in.... still nothing, not even a blinking light or a buzz or noise of any kind. I can't figure out what went wrong, I never took it apart, never used any kind of liquid when cleaning it, have dropped it x2 but from my couch so maybe a foot of the ground and that was in May. I ask reddit and one guy suggested that when I plugged it in it killed the controller and now its just scrap parts but I wanted to ask here in case there's anyone who has an alternative reason to why it won't power on or even a fix for it.

:)

The Invincible1, Jun 15, 2024
  2. Felipe Rossi Win User

Controller will not turn on

Hello bloke, I had the same problem and the controller simply doesn't turn on. I have three controllers, they all stopped working after the update failed...
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Eli! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Are you trying with new batteries or used? As what you mentioned it's usually related to not enough charge on the batteries

If with new batteries happens you could try updating the controller trough USB

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If that doesn't work means it's a problem with the controller

If your controller isn’t working and needs replacing, enter the controller’s serial number at the bottom of this page. You can find the serial number inside the battery compartment, below the barcode.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. Francia J. Win User

Controller not turning on

Hi Jamisonn10, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

We will follow the steps on this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Kindly update your controller by following the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

If you're on PC, kindly launch Xbox Accessories App. When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

If after the update the issue persist, you may need to get the controller replaced. You can create an order here: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  5. medium bloke Win User

You say the update failed, but the batteries are good? I believe the controller can only be updated by USB wire. Try connecting the controller to the Xbox via USB, and then try updating it again.
  6. Felipe Rossi Win User

Hey! I've searched some places and I found this! It happened to me.

I tried everything, I changed battery, battery and nothing.

I did the following.

again plugged control on your Xbox One using the USB cable.

I turned on the console.

And let there ... in less than 10minutes control called back. Without taking the cable selected the option to upgrade control and was normal.

Your control is messed up with the firmware, it will not even connect ... by plugging it on Xbox One, it will try to recognize it and send commands to the cable.

A big hug

Message edited by Mister X Capcom user on 06/06/2014 20:45.

It works!
Thema:

1. Controller not turning on. - Similar Threads - Controller turning

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  4. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  5. Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...: I've tried connecting controller manually but still just flashes, have also unplugged everything and checked leads etc but still doing the same thing! Any ideas please or has it had its day?...
  6. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  7. Xbox Elite 2 Controller doesnt turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller doesnt turn on.: One day i wanted to play some games but suddendly my xbox controller doesnt turn on! If i click the Xbox button it wont turn on and when you hold the button it makes a silent beep sound which is...
  8. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  9. Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables: my controller isn't turning on no matter what i do with it... tried new batteries and tried all USB-C cables in the house and the button wont even flash. i've only had the controller for about a...
  10. My xbox controller keeps vibrating and turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller keeps vibrating and turning off: i have a really big problem that started around a week ago were my xbox series x/s controller kept on disconnecting every now and again and now its really bad were it just wont work anymore at all...