Controller no longer under warranty how much would it cost to fix stick drift issue

Discus and support Controller no longer under warranty how much would it cost to fix stick drift issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Stick drift issue has anyone had there controller fixed by Microsoft when it’s no longer under warranty and how much did this cost... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WeeDeano1981, Sep 27, 2023.

1. WeeDeano1981
    WeeDeano1981 Guest

Controller no longer under warranty how much would it cost to fix stick drift issue

Stick drift issue has anyone had there controller fixed by Microsoft when it’s no longer under warranty and how much did this cost

:)

WeeDeano1981, Sep 27, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

it's essentially the same cost as a new controller
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

I don't think MS does out of warranty controller repairs on anything other than Elite Series 2s. The Elite Series 2 cost obviously depends on the country you're in, but in the UK for example, they charge £77. Here's the list of prices by country: -

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

If it's not an Elite Series 2 you have, you'd either have to repair it yourself or get a third party repair place to do it. Replacement stick modules are really cheap, but you need pretty advanced soldering skills and the proper equipment to be able to do the job.

In some cases, you're just better off buying a new one IMO, e.g. you can get a brand new current gen Xbox controller for £39.99 from Amazon that will come with a 12 month warranty. A third party repair place will charge £20 at least, plus shipping costs both ways, and they will only guarantee their work for a short time.
  4. Boombaa Win User

Plz help with the problem

Hi,

It sounds like the controller is having the left stick drift issue, so if it is a new controller you should ask to replace it and if the controller is no longer under warranty a repair should be considered.
  5. The_Last_DJ Win User

How To Fix Stick Drifting Upwards Automatically?

6. SwordofWhedon Win User

How can I fix my stick drift?

Stick drift is not repairable, and sending it in outside of warranty is basically the cost of a controller
Thema:

1. Controller no longer under warranty how much would it cost to fix stick drift issue - Similar Threads - Controller longer under

2. Xbox controller no longer working with epic games launcher.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller no longer working with epic games launcher.: For a long time I have used an Xbox controller to play GTA V through the Epic Games launcher. I have done this by adding it as a non-steam game. A couple days ago it stopped working and now the...
  3. Xbox X controller no longer pairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X controller no longer pairs.: My Xbox ONE X controller no longer pairs to my console. It seems to be since it updated 14/04. I have tried all troubleshooting suggested and still doesn't work. It's not interference as was fine...
  4. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  5. Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Model 1914 controller no longer functions under battery power after update to firmware...: After deciding to update firmware (update was successful) on my model 1914 controller using Windows Xbox accessories app, when under battery power, the xbox button blinks rapidly and the...
  6. Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller: I reinstall a fresh windows two days ago and the share button on my xbox controller no longer take screenshots. I try reinstalling the game bar, checked the policies related to gameDVR still...
  7. My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller is no longer connecting through bluetooth to my windows 10 computer: I have recently paired my xbox one controller to my computer and it no longer connects to the computer. I have restarted both the computer and the controller multiple times as well as turning the...
  8. How do i fix my Xbox one Controller significantly deceasing my fps the longer i have it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my Xbox one Controller significantly deceasing my fps the longer i have it...: I had like 200+ fps on both keyboard and controller. After a major update in the game on controller my fps is like 40-30 but on keyboard in the same update as soon as i touch my keyboard I get 165...
  9. share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller: a month ago, the share button on my xbox controller was able to take screenshots using bluetooth or USB. But after updating Windows a week ago, the sahre button cannot be used via Bluetooth. can...
  10. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...