Controller joystick doesn't behave properly

Discus and support Controller joystick doesn't behave properly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two controllers, a ps4 and Nintendo switch controller.. the ps4 left joystick flat out doesn't work and Nintendo switch controller is weirder.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LucasJoyocan, May 14, 2023.

1. LucasJoyocan
    LucasJoyocan Guest

I have two controllers, a ps4 and Nintendo switch controller.. the ps4 left joystick flat out doesn't work and Nintendo switch controller is weirder. Left joystick works but when you go left it also makes the right joystick go up, then when you go right it makes the right joystick go down.. both were previously functioning properly. Here's a clip of it happening

:)

LucasJoyocan, May 14, 2023
  2. Cristiano Rocha1 Win User

Hello! My name is Cristiano. I'm an Independent Advisor. I'm glad to help you.

It seems like there is a calibration issue with your controllers. This can happen over time, especially if you've been using them a lot.

One thing you can try is recalibrating your controllers. This will help ensure that the joystick movements are properly registered by the system.

Here's how you can do it:

- First, disconnect your controllers from your computer or console.

- Next, press and hold the reset button on the back of each controller for a few seconds.

- Then, plug them back in and see if they work properly.

I hope this helps!
  3. MaxMesserMP9 Win User

Microsoft Force Feedback 2

Very helpful, thanks. I should have checked my settings properly. But the french confused me.

The important parts are the following (you only need to set the axe settings to fly):

Flight control surfaces > Primary control surfaces

- Ailerons Axis: Joystick L-Axis X (Querruderachse)

- Elevator Axis: Joystick L-Axis Y (Höhenruderachse)

- Rudder Axis: Joystick L-Axis Z (Seitenruderachse)

Power Managent > Throttle (Energieverwaltung > Gashebel)

- Throttle Axis: Joystick thrust control X (Gashebelachse)

Also set the buttons of the Joystick where you prefer it.
  4. cy43rguru Win User

Xbox One Controller doesn't work on Windows 10.

Certain games do not interpret the controller data properly. Which games have you seen behave this way? Manually changing the driver stack on Windows 10 is not recommended or supported.
  5. Wilmsy Win User

Xbox Controller Right Analog Stick Not Working - Still

Having the same issue. Right joystick only works in test mode and when magnifier is on. I can actually go into the controller settings and “swap sticks” and then the right joystick works but not the left. So clearly the controller is working properly and not damaged or faulty. Feels like its some sort of software/setting issue. Same problem on (4) separate controllers and (2) different xbox consoles….
  6. maxen Win User

My controller will not connect to my console.

Are the batteries charged? Are they properly seated within the controller? To check the later, take them out and put them back in and make sure they're in properly.

If you're using a play/charge kit, that could be the culprit too. Try testing with a pair of AA batteries and see if the controller starts behaving better.

Let us know how you get on.
Thema:

1. Controller joystick doesn't behave properly - Similar Threads - Controller joystick doesn't

2. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving: My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard...
  3. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  4. Travel time of joysticks on Xbox adaptive controllers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Travel time of joysticks on Xbox adaptive controllers: So I’m having a tough time on the travel time of the right joystick I have for the adaptive controller. It’s like using it in the game like golf. When I go to swinging it keeps telling me too slow...
  5. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  6. Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller acting like the left joystick is being pushed to the left?: I don’t know why but my series S controller started freaking out and pulling to the left without me moving it. It never did this before, but now it’s impossible for me to move it to the right one...
  7. Which controller has the most accurate right joystick?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controller has the most accurate right joystick?: I currently like the Elite Series 2 with lowest tension. 39e168ac-648d-4a12-8fcb-661f6319dfa4
  8. Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right joystick isn't working with any controllers or consoles.: The right joystick suddenly stopped working mid game on my Xbox One with all my controllers, three wireless and one wired. The system recognizes the joystick when testing and with the magnifier....
  9. Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...: I sent Microsoft my Xbox Elite 2 controller for a work order to fix a problem where the left bumper click is not registering. When I received the controller, the left bumper is fixed but the left...
  10. Would xbox be willing to make a controller with semetrical joysticks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would xbox be willing to make a controller with semetrical joysticks: I'm a life long playstation user and have avoided xbox due solely to your controller layout. I joined xbox this generation with the xbox series S. Primarily due to Starfield as im a big Bethesda...