Controller inputs on Xbox Series X controller not picking Up 100%

Discus and support Controller inputs on Xbox Series X controller not picking Up 100% in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having an issue with my Xbox series x controller. The controller seems to work consistently at first, with singular inputs working just fine, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J Karp, Jun 30, 2023.

1. J Karp
    J Karp Guest

I'm having an issue with my Xbox series x controller. The controller seems to work consistently at first, with singular inputs working just fine, but anytime I try mashing the buttons, in case of any button mashing QTEs, the inputs slow down to a crawl, with some of the inputs not being picked up. I first thought this was a controller problem because Xbox One controllers worked perfectly on the console but upon using a brand new series x controller, the same problem occurred. I think it may be a problem with the controller connecting to the TV, my TV is a Samsung model around 4 years old and it originally was used to play xbox one games, which is probably why Xbox One controllers worked fine. Connecting a USB-C cord did temporarily fix the problem on the controller but unplugging it reverted it back to the way it was. The Series X controller worked perfectly fine on a younger Roku TV connected to an Xbox One X. Is there any way for me to fix the connectivity problem between the controller and the Series X/TV so that the input Delay problem, whether it be a connectivity problem or power problem.

Thank You

:)

J Karp, Jun 30, 2023
  2. J Karp Win User

I attempted to connect the console to another TV model, but the same problem occurs, so the TV is not the problem.

When I tried to check your link, it led to an error screen "Page Not Found", and when I tried to look up a solution online, I checked a few Microsoft links, it said to go to a "My controller has connection issues after the..." page, which doesn't exist in the current controllers' folder tab in the help page. I also don't have a Windows laptop to fix it as I use a Macbook. I only did a firmware update for it whilst the problem was occuring and have not done it manually before.

Just to summarize, this controller problem seems to happen when certain games are open, only Xbox series X standard controllers, I even tried a new one to be sure but the same problem occurred.

About the temporary solution, for some reason, when a USB-C cord is connected to the controller, the controller becomes completely functional again, but once disconnected, the problem returns, I thought it may have been the batteries that were the problem, but when I swapped them and cleaned the inside slots, the problem persisted.

As for the cause, it seems to be caused by certain games such as Sonic Frontiers and Jedi Survivor being opened and played, and once it starts, it won't stop until it turns off and on again. I tried turning the controller off and on again while in the games but the problem returned when it was on again. I'm sorry for the persistent problem.
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello J, I appreciate the additional information.
    May I know what procedures you tried on your Xbox console in order to fix this?

Meanwhile, I can suggest two possible solutions:

1. If your controller firmware is up-to-date, please downgrade the firmware by following the instructions in this thread:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/xbox/forum/all/re...

2. Connect your Xbox console to a different TV in a different room and verify if the inconvenience persists or not.
  4. J Karp Win User

Just to Clarify, the controller is connected to the console via Bluetooth, I only mentioned the TV because I thought that may've been a possible problem.

I tested my controller out on my iPhone and found that the problem did not occur there, buttons were being perfectly input into the phone.

This issue is only present on Series X controllers I use, the Xbox One controllers I used don't suffer from this issue, also anytime I connect the controller to a USB-C cord, the problem ceases for as long as it is connected, but resumes when unplugged.

Upon further testing, I found that the problem was largely inconsistent, sometimes it works fine, primarily when first turning it on, and other times the slow input problem occurs, mainly when booting up certain games, the game that seems to cause this problem the most is Sonic Frontiers.
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Hello J, I’m glad to know the controller is working as expected.

If you need assistance in the future, don’t hesitate to create a new post in the community!

PS: You can give feedback to the community, if you find an answer helpful you can click Yes or No below it.
  6. J Karp Win User

The mishap with folders was that I thought it was in the controller's folder instead of the accessory folder. Thanks for clarifying. The controller is up and running smoothly now after I tried your advice on downgrading the firmware. Thank you so much for your help.
Thema:

1. Controller inputs on Xbox Series X controller not picking Up 100% - Similar Threads - Controller inputs Series

2. Xbox Series X controller input delay on Windows 10.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller input delay on Windows 10.: I bought a custom made xbox series x controller from Xbox Design Lab back in 2022 for some context. Worked well for two years but recently I've noticed after about a few minutes into a session the...
  3. Xbox Series X controller stick drift and missing inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller stick drift and missing inputs?: I've had the Xbox Series X and its controller for around 2 years now. (Probably past the warranty sadly.) I also have many other controllers with analog sticks on them. I've had a Nintendo Switch...
  4. When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox fixing input latency for Xbox Series X and Elite 2 Controllers ?: Hello, this issue is beyond of, - just veryfing your network with your ISP and confirming no packet losses (not the issue), - changing your monitor to game mode, low input latency, adaptive...
  5. New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input

in XBoX on Consoles
    New-ish Custom Xbox Series controller gets stuck on forward input: Have a design labs custom controller i got a xmas, has been working great. in the past day or so ive been noticing the left stick gets stuck on forward input. (not drift) not physically, and not...
  6. Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller or Mouse and Keyboard input not registering Xbox Series X: About two weeks ago roughly it started out as a sort of intermittent problem, Fortnite, and my new love Lego Fortnite would occasionally with seemingly nothing triggering it, all input controlling...
  7. Why is my Xbox One Series X/S Controller Entering Inputs for the Web Browser

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox One Series X/S Controller Entering Inputs for the Web Browser: I am able to use my Xbox controller with a wired connection with no problems for steam and games on steam but, whenever I try to play a game on Xbox Cloud Gaming the controller enters in inputs...
  8. Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 controller not registering right input when thumb know fitted: As in the question when a know is fitted to the left joystick there is no right input. Worked perfectly fine the day prior to posting question and just not today. When removed works perfectly...
  9. Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...: Bit of a weird one this. Been enjoying the new controller for a few weeks, no issues. Suddenly, mid-session, my game started behaving as if I don't have a controller connected. (CoD, probably not...
  10. Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...: Bit of a weird one this. Been enjoying the new controller for a few weeks, no issues. Suddenly, mid-session, my game started behaving as if I don't have a controller connected. (CoD, probably not...