Controller has stick drift after two months

Discus and support Controller has stick drift after two months in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I bought a new controller from Argos in mid august after the previous one died from stick drift, and within 2 months I am already experiencing the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alexander Venthem, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Controller has stick drift after two months

So I bought a new controller from Argos in mid august after the previous one died from stick drift, and within 2 months I am already experiencing the same problem on the new controller. The thing is the reason I replace a controller, is that I don't have a spare. So if I'm sending a controller off for 'repair', I can't play for 3 weeks minimum. Surely that's not right? Surely there's an alternative? I tried fixing it on the last one but it proved so impossible to open up I ended up breaking it more opening it up, so I'm not willing to potentially do the same thing either.

:)

Alexander Venthem, Oct 16, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately that is the only option you have to have your control repaired. You'll have to wait for service and repairs to complete.
  3. jfrawls Win User

Xbox One Controller, left stick faulting!!!

I have two controllers BOTH with drift issues. The one left thumb-stick drifts upwards and the other one has a right thumb-stick drift issue that drifts upward.

Like what the heck am I suppose to do. #SMH
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox Stick shift problem

Unfortunately stick drift is something that happens to almost every controller with analogue sticks after some time. I feel like the fact that a lot of games require you to click in the sticks for in-game actions has resulted in stick drift becoming more
    common more quickly in these last two generations of consoles. I've had to replace a few controllers on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One because of stick drift. As Dazza said, you can fix the controllers, but that requires taking them apart and doing some soldering.
    Quickest and simplest solution is getting another controller, which really sucks because they're not cheap.
  5. Dalek Nation Win User

Something Is Wrong With My Controller? Please Help?

"stick drift" is what I call that. My last two controllers have both gotten a bad case of it after only six and nine months respectively. Only thing I know to do is buy a new controller; as Catalytic pointed out though there are people savy enough to fix
    the sticks. I'd buy a new one from Gamestop or anyone who'll honor a return after 30 days... that way if there's any stick screwiness after the first month you can take it back and get a different controller.
  6. [Farscape] Win User

Why is the Quality of the Xbox Elite Version 2 controls bad?

they have turned into apple, they sell inferior cheap tack at a premium price.

I have seen loads and loads of posts about stick drift on a lot of new controllers, not just elite.

Best thing is i have three xbox one s controllers, all with drift on the left thumbstick, seems to be an issue when you click it in repeatedly for running in games it then gets drift very quickly. (mainly drifting up)

I bought a power A controller with two rear buttons and low and behold no drift even after three months of use.
Thema:

1. Controller has stick drift after two months - Similar Threads - Controller has stick

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  4. How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...: How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair because one of the Joysticks has really bad stick drift? c19310fb-9d72-4783-adfa-be8601535d2f
  5. i am looking to buy a xbox controller since my main controller has stick drift but im not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i am looking to buy a xbox controller since my main controller has stick drift but im not...: So within the next few weeks i plan on getting another controller, but im not sure what one to choose from. my budget is 67 dollars. I went on sites like amazon, gamestop, and bestbuy and went...
  6. What do I do if Microsoft sent me a replacement controller but it has stick drift?

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I do if Microsoft sent me a replacement controller but it has stick drift?: Earlier this week I ordered a replacement Wireless Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller for $86 cause my other one broke, and it arrived today, but when I tested it the left stick drifts towards the...
  7. Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...: Have gone to this page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/device?, registered my device, xbox elite controller series 2, and then pressed the Start order [img] I have put in that the left...
  8. I got a new controller 1 or 2 weeks ago and it already has stick drift on the r thumbstick...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got a new controller 1 or 2 weeks ago and it already has stick drift on the r thumbstick...: Stick drift on r thumbstick b3dedf9f-3aae-441e-ba20-18ea16207f12
  9. My Xbox Series X controller (on PC) has a problem. It is as if stick drift is occurring but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Series X controller (on PC) has a problem. It is as if stick drift is occurring but...: After 8 seconds or so of inactivity, it will seem (in a game or menu) like I am holding up on the left thumbstick, but I'm not. Nor is there any drift. It's just doing it for no reason! This is a...
  10. Xbox one controller has stick drift. Says my warranty is up but I bought this controller a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one controller has stick drift. Says my warranty is up but I bought this controller a...: Need help with xbox one controller stick drift. Really bad stick drift. 438a5205-85cd-4e08-a30e-9a88857b01c6