Controller Hardware or Software issue?

Discus and support Controller Hardware or Software issue? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I've had an issue with a controller for awhile now, when I try to hold the Xbox home button (to bring up the power off, restart prompts), it will... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Leo_Ascendent, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Controller Hardware or Software issue?

So I've had an issue with a controller for awhile now, when I try to hold the Xbox home button (to bring up the power off, restart prompts), it will regularly open the blade menu (as if I only pressed it).

I have to do this 4 or 5 times before I can power it off. Haven't had issues like this before tried updating, no impact.

Anyone else have something similar? Plan on getting a new controller soon anyway, but figured I'd check.

submitted by /u/Leo_Ascendent
    [link] [comments]

/u/Leo_Ascendent, Dec 22, 2023
  2. JiggaHere15 Win User

Xbox hardware? or software? issues?

Still having issue with console not turning on? Please make sure to follow ALL the steps listed on this link:

support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on
    . That will help to properly isolate if it's an issue with your console or power supply.

If you continue to experience some unusual activity on your system, you may to reset your console and follow the steps:

support.xbox.com/.../reset-console-to-factory-defaults

You can try to first option: reset and keep my games & apps, if issue still persist, try the last option: reset and remove everything.

Warning: Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. Your console syncs with Xbox Live automatically when it’s connected with
    the service, so if you've been offline for a while, you'll need to connect to Xbox Live before taking these steps.
  3. Itsrayraymond Win User

Xbox hardware? or software? issues?

How long exactly is since release? One s, or original one? Have you tried performing a hard reset? Holding power button on console until it shuts itself down. Wait a full minute ave turn back on.

And there were issues with Xbox core services today as well.
  4. epic FUZZ Win User

Open Tray Problem...Ugh!

@KeyOnMinecraft

The software controls the hardware so it may have been the update that caused his issue
  5. OgreRha Win User

How is this ok?

So updating the controller isn't an option ? Its a hardware issue vs software ?

Your Pal
  6. B2Bomber Win User

Xbox controller

None of that fixes my issue. Every controller I buy feels cheap hardware and software based. There has not been a single controller that was comparable to the Gow controller I've owned.

I'm not sure what Microsoft did, but whatever they did I've had nothing but hardware and software issues ever since. It feels like I'm buying one of those Ebay Chinese controllers..even though it's OEM retail.
Thema:

Controller Hardware or Software issue?

1. Controller Hardware or Software issue? - Similar Threads - Controller Hardware Software

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. Xbox One X Controller Issues, Can anyone tell me if this is hardware failure?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Controller Issues, Can anyone tell me if this is hardware failure?: I hope someone here can give me insight or help into this issue I am experiencing. So this it, I have an Xbox One X. All of a sudden two nights ago I started experience some problems with my...
  10. I found an error in the xbox controller hardware/updated systems

in XBoX on Consoles
    I found an error in the xbox controller hardware/updated systems: I noticed there was a slight input bug on Xbox controllers happening and it is registered in some games as well for multiple inputs being pressed at once or glitched input as I would say. It can...