Controller Drift in games even though the Stick isn't drifting

Discus and support Controller Drift in games even though the Stick isn't drifting in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I'm playing games on my Xbox Series X, and my console and controller are new, (Only got it around August/September). When I'm playing these games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gruffseed 8, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Gruffseed 8
    Gruffseed 8 Guest

So I'm playing games on my Xbox Series X, and my console and controller are new, (Only got it around August/September). When I'm playing these games (First or Third person) my character will start looking upwards, a thing the right stick is supposed to do, however on my Controller, the stick hasn't drifted and is in its normal spot, so my character is pretty much looking up without Human Intervention.

So I have no clue about what is happening and I've looked through guides and couldn't find anything.

:)

Gruffseed 8, Dec 23, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

3. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hello Gruffseed,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I understand your frustration. It is a serious problem if your character keeps looking up without you moving him. Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

Check the right joystick of the controller. Make sure there are no objects obstructing the joystick or causing the joystick to move on its own.

You can also try cleaning the joystick with a clean, dry cloth.

Update the controller firmware. There may be a firmware update available for your controller that fixes this issue. You can check if firmware updates are available for your controller by visiting the Microsoft website.

Reset the controller to factory settings. This is a drastic step, but it may fix the problem if other steps don't work.

You can reset the controller to factory settings by following these steps:

Turn off the controller by removing the batteries.
    Press and hold the home button on the controller for 10 seconds.

The controller will reboot and reset to factory settings.

Contact Microsoft customer service. If you've tried all of these steps and are still having problems, you can contact Microsoft customer support for help.

Here are some tips to prevent this problem from happening again in the future:

Treat your controller well. Avoid dropping the controller or exposing it to liquids.

Clean the controller regularly. This will help prevent dirt and debris from accumulating that can clog the joysticks.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/wireless-controller-solution

So I have no idea what's going on and I checked the guides and couldn't find anything.
    These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  4. Hellsprophit 1 Win User

Xbox One Controller Left Analog Stick Issue

Im having an issue with my right analog stick drifting up even though my controller is not broken in anyway. "sigh" another bad product made by MS.
  5. jfrawls Win User

Xbox One Controller, left stick faulting!!!

I have two controllers BOTH with drift issues. The one left thumb-stick drifts upwards and the other one has a right thumb-stick drift issue that drifts upward.

Like what the heck am I suppose to do. #SMH
  6. [Farscape] Win User

Why is the Quality of the Xbox Elite Version 2 controls bad?

they have turned into apple, they sell inferior cheap tack at a premium price.

I have seen loads and loads of posts about stick drift on a lot of new controllers, not just elite.

Best thing is i have three xbox one s controllers, all with drift on the left thumbstick, seems to be an issue when you click it in repeatedly for running in games it then gets drift very quickly. (mainly drifting up)

I bought a power A controller with two rear buttons and low and behold no drift even after three months of use.
Thema:

1. Controller Drift in games even though the Stick isn't drifting - Similar Threads - Controller Drift games

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  4. Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller series 2 right thumbstick drift?: I’ve had this elite controller for about a year and randomly the joysticks started messing up. I checked on the accessories app and the right thumbstick appears to stay in this position no matter...
  5. My elite 2 controller arrived with stick drift.. I sent it back under warranty to get it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My elite 2 controller arrived with stick drift.. I sent it back under warranty to get it...: Is this fixable? The remote is still under warranty until 2025 e47b0853-a9a3-4aaa-9320-9f88a4592785
  6. Xbox Series X controller stick drift and missing inputs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller stick drift and missing inputs?: I've had the Xbox Series X and its controller for around 2 years now. (Probably past the warranty sadly.) I also have many other controllers with analog sticks on them. I've had a Nintendo Switch...
  7. Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Yes I’m having issues bad with my Xbox controller having stuck drift on Fortnite and it’s...: Yes dear Microsoft I’m having really bad issues with my Xbox controller having stick drift on Fortnite I’ve done shut auto run off and it still wants do this I’m on disability and can’t afford...
  8. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  9. Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Analog stick drift on Design Lab controller: The controller sometimes doesn't register any upwards movements, or just gets stuck between up and down on the left analog stick. After looking up the issue, it appears that many other people have...
  10. How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can double inputs and stick drift independent of controller?: Fairly recently, I've had terrible upward drift on my right stick. It shows up even in the recalibration menu, but after recalibrating it still persists. I thought it was a controller issue, but...