Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable...

Discus and support Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Tried 3 controllers, all with latest firmware installed (including a brand new one) . Disconnect every couple seconds. Console is about 10 ft from... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Duke Sullivan, Sep 3, 2023.

1. Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable...

Tried 3 controllers, all with latest firmware installed (including a brand new one) .

Disconnect every couple seconds.

Console is about 10 ft from where I sit, but the controllers disconnect even when plugged in via cable. Console is also sitting on top of a table, not surrounded by anything.

:)

Duke Sullivan, Sep 3, 2023
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Vanguard Controller issue ...

Connecting the controller with a USB cable doesn't work,

Controller still disconnects even with a USB cable connected,

I have the same issue with Series X using mouse and keyboard for Call of Duty Vanguard.

I played during the beta and there was no problems with the controller disconnecting but as soon as the game released, the controller disconnects,

I've tried a Xbox One controller Series X controller, with batteries and a USB cable, and the controllers still disconnects.
  3. Sun Khou Win User

Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable directly connected to the console and controller. How do I fix this?

Hi

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Upon reading the description you have posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein your controllers always disconnects from your Xbox series X console even though it is connected via cable and your controllers has the lastest firmware installed. Also the issue still occurs when using a brand new controller.

Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• When did this issue occurred?

• Have you already tried to update your console and checked if it has the same behavior. You can actually update your Xbox console by following the steps provided down below:

You can also get an update at any time by following these steps:

1. Make sure that your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system> Settings > System > Updates.
    3. Under Updates, you’ll see:
      • Console update available. Select this to begin your update, or
      • No console update available. This means your console is up to date.
      Referenced link: About system updates on Xbox | Xbox Support

• Have you already tried to reset your controller just like the steps provided down below:

Try resetting your controller by pressing and holding the pairing button on the back of the controller for 10 seconds. Then, turn the controller back on and try to connect it to your console again.

• What other initial troubleshooting steps have you already tried so far?

In the meantime, we would like you to provide us with some answers first to the questions above. In order for us to provide you with a more accurate solution.

We look forward to your reply,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Sun Khou Win User

Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable directly connected to the console and controller. How do I fix this?

Hi

Oh sorry about that, I forgot that you already have mentioned that the same issue also occurs on every games that you play.

On the other hand, we are very pleased to know that you are able to connect with the support and took care of your current problem.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

Sincerely

Khou Sun

5. Duke Sullivan Win User

It is not a game specific issue. They disconnect with every game I try to play.

I called support and took care of it. No need to discuss further.
  6. Sun Khou Win User

Hello

We very much apologize for the late response, and we understand how down you are with the situation you are right now give that you have the best hardware already but it just doesn't work with your controller when playing Starfield.

For now, we would like to let you know that there are known issues within the game. Just check the information provided from these links: Game Release Known Issues for September 2023 - Microsoft Community / Starfield - Bethesda Support.

Since this is a game specific issue. We also encourage to directly contact the game developer of the Starfield game by clicking on this support link: Starfield - Bethesda Support.

Hope this helps,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Thema:

Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable...

1. Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable... - Similar Threads - Controller doesny stay

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  10. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631