Controller doesn't work after update

Discus and support Controller doesn't work after update in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hey guys, today my Xbox did an update. Since then my controller isn't connecting to the console. I saw that other people got the problem while Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by FW1337, Apr 27, 2021.

1. FW1337
    FW1337 Guest

Hey guys,

today my Xbox did an update. Since then my controller isn't connecting to the console.

I saw that other people got the problem while Xbox was launched and tried any solve idea, but nothing helped for me.

Ideas to solve the problem are more than welcome!

Kind regards

:)

FW1337, Apr 27, 2021
  2. FW1337 Win User

First of all thanks for your fast help! I solved the problem.

I switched the USB-C cabel with which the controller was connected. Than I had to hard reset the xbox and started it without the controller (power button). After the boot I started the controller (while connected to USB) and it stayed with power on. I disconnected the USB cabel and it's still working.

So, can be closed

Thank you and kind regards
  3. XBF Aicha T Win User

4. Always.Toasty Win User

New headset with adaptor mic not working

If your Xbox one Controller doesn't work or gets disconnected after you plug in your Stereo Headset Adapter, unplug your adapter,
    and then update your controller without the adapter. After the controller is updated, insert your Stereo Headset Adapter back into the controller.
  5. ChucklingLion Win User

Xbox ONE controller disconnects, sync, movement issues

Oh, and it happens before, and after, the controller firmware update (which is hard to do with a controller that doesn't work right!).

I'm not in the preview program, so don't get anything but public updates.
  6. Felipe Rossi Win User

Controller will not turn on

Hello bloke, I had the same problem and the controller simply doesn't turn on. I have three controllers, they all stopped working after the update failed...
Thema:

1. Controller doesn't work after update - Similar Threads - Controller doesn't update

2. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  3. My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...: Hi, I'm having an issue with Elite series 2 controller, upon trying to install the latest firmware version via Xbox Accessories App to see if it solves some issues I'm having with it (It...
  4. Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable: Hello, it's been multiple days i've tried to connect my controller (Dualshock 4) to my laptop through USB but my PC charges the controller yet doesn't recognize it The problem doesn't come from...
  5. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S: I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the...
  6. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  7. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  8. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  9. Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.: I've drove myself crazy for hours, trying to figure out the issue. (In the past it was so easy, I'd power on the controller, the drivers automatically updated, and nothing else was needed) Now...
  10. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...