Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

Discus and support Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i chatted with a MS lady last night and she made it seem like my only option was to ship it back to MS to get it fixed. do you guys think gamestop will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TwistaStick, Mar 28, 2014.

  1. Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall


    i chatted with a MS lady last night and she made it seem like my only option was to ship it back to MS to get it fixed. do you guys think gamestop will replace my xb1 if i purchased it there about 2 months ago?
     
    GetConcentrated, May 6, 2014
    #31
  2. UnnamedSoup
    UnnamedSoup Guest
    I have noticed that after I got the headset adapter and updated my controller that now randomly when I go to accept a game invite or chat invite via holding the Xbox button on the controller that it kills my controller and disconnects. I can then hold my
    Xbox button to power the controller on and all is well after that. Is only during these times and I have an older set of Turtle Beaches.
     
    UnnamedSoup, May 7, 2014
    #32
  3. Misses Joust
    Misses Joust Guest
    G'day all! We may have a solution for you, if you're willing to try. Please give it a shot and let us know the results.

    I'd like you to update your controller again, with some slightly different steps.
    Please try this even if you've already updated your controller:

    1. Remove the batteries or Play & Charge pack from the controller
    2. Attach a headset adapter and headset, if you want. (You can do this without these accessories)
    3. With a Micro USB cable, attach the controller to the console
      1. Plug the USB end into the side of the Xbox One console
      2. Plug the Micro end into the top of your controller
    4. The console might automatically prompt you to update. IF NOT, navigate to Settings > System > Update controller. Follow the on-screen prompts.
    5. When the update is complete, unplug both ends of the Micro USB cable, re-insert the batteries, and power on the controller by pressing its Xbox button.
     
    Misses Joust, May 12, 2014
    #33
  4. AirShark
    AirShark Guest

    Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

    Sure, we'll try.....IF you can tell us how doing it in this very specific order makes any difference please.
     
    AirShark, May 12, 2014
    #34
  5. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    I hadn't had any controller disconnection issues for weeks, and I play the game quite a lot (several times a week usually), but after downloading the new map pack and installing the update for Titanfall, I am having issues again.

    When I first had this issue weeks ago, like many others users in this thread, it would pop up a message saying that the controller had disconnected and I would have to manually reconnect it. Sometimes the only way to do that was to pop the batteries out,
    put them back in, then turn the controller on. Thankfully those issues went away a long time ago.

    The issue I have now, is that it pops up the "The controller has disconnected" message on screen, but the controller doesn't actually disconnect and the message disappears about 1 second after it appears. That happened 4 or 5 times while I played on that
    new forest map (I can't remember the name of it) for the first time, although it didn't happen again after that. My batteries are brand new (literally just put a fresh set in tonight) and I didn't have a headset connected at the time (I did have the adapter
    connected though).

    Anyone else had this issue since the new DLC/update came out?
     
    SigmaTheDJ, May 15, 2014
    #35
  6. Gextoy
    Gextoy Guest
    I have been playing Titanfall from day one and I have never had this problem until last night. I did a hard reboot and it continued to happen. I tried to do the controller update and still this happens. It happens with my Day One controller and the extra
    controller I bought so it isn't the controllers. I tried Need for Speed Rivals and had no problem at all. This has to be a Titanfall issue. It needs to be fixed. I've already paid $250+ on the collectors edition so there is no way I'm going spend more on
    the season pass if this isn't remedied.
     
    Gextoy, May 17, 2014
    #36
  7. Gextoy
    Gextoy Guest
    Since my last post, the controller issue is worse. Now it's happening with Need for Speed Rivals!!!! What the heck!! Microsoft needs to address this IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!
     
    Gextoy, May 18, 2014
    #37
  8. AirShark
    AirShark Guest

    Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

    All I hear is crickets, "your console must be defective", "it must be your environment" from them. Tick tock on the Costco return clock, Microsoft.
     
    AirShark, May 18, 2014
    #38
  9. I'm getting this issue too. Controller will randomly be unable to boot up the console and will turn off for no reason even if it has full battery.

    Any solutions?
     
    Blacktastik187, Jul 24, 2014
    #39
  10. KRISMARK321
    KRISMARK321 Guest
    In most cases like this, please remember this basic troubleshooting steps:

    XBOX ONE: PERSISTENT STORAGE CLEARING

    Home>Settings>Disc &Blu Ray>Persistent storage>Clear Persistent Storage 3x.

    MAC CLEARING

    Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address > Clear and Restart your console.

    Then unplug and re-plug your controller after 20 seconds. Then check in on if any changes occur.
     
    KRISMARK321, Oct 31, 2018
    #40
  11. AirShark Win User

    Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

    Sure, we'll try.....IF you can tell us how doing it in this very specific order makes any difference please.
  12. TheGr8tHibiki Win User

    Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

    360 titanfall is the same. I also am having major disconnects throughout matches mostly when I do a melee or get hit by another players pilot or titan melee.

    I even wrote another page about it for 360 but it's more quiet than this one.

    Quoting:

    "It starts usually with you punching something. The controller will die and you find yourself trapped in an awkward fight afterwards that should have been an easy one two punch out. A few games later you're trying to eject and it once again dies leaving
    you one X tap away from blowing your titan to hell and taking your foe with you. Instead you are ripped limb from limb with a 'Please reconnect your controller' mocking you just under the blinking X button. Then afterwards slowly degrading until it's every
    single weapons fire, melee, special ability, Rodeo, you name it that has you punching down on the power button on your controller, taking out your battery, or desperately waiting for that now painfully slow reconnect as your comrades are yelling at you to
    do something. Only to reconnect only after being ripped to pieces or jump kicked to death by someone who instantly stops moving too and you see in the kill cam that he's pointing at the ground and bullets rip into him. His controller died too I would assume.

    This is a serious problem.

    I noticed that this issue is more widespread with Titanfall than just 360 as many have also mentioned it with their XBX1 as well. But can something be done so punching and attacking large groups doesn't cause one to just sit blankly as they try and resynchronize
    the controller after it turns itself off at the absolute worse time. I've tried multiple things to combat this but it's ridiculous that one can stop moving 8-12 times in a very intense game. I know for a fact it's not only me on the 360 as well as my friend
    has had a few of these controller shut downs and as I've said even some of the players I fight all stop moving for several seconds in ways that remind me of old Mechwarrior when someone overheated. Easy Prey to others but I just kinda pause myself and shake
    my head as I know exactly as he feels... and then promptly shoot him in the face. I mean I'm not stupid he'll attack me the moment he becomes reconnected to his character with a fiery passion.

    Some have mentioned this is a patch issue with Xbox but I am uncertain if A; The issue is the same for for XBX1 as it is for a XBX360R. B: has been resolved as the last post for it was on the thirtieth of last month (I'm a dumb one and didn't notice the
    three other pages), and C: If this has been resolved for the XBX1 then perhaps just a simple patch would fix this for 360 and such issues will not be so horribly prominent."

    Titanfall is a fun game but these sudden controller disconnects make it very hard keep enjoying it especially when you were in such a critical state that a little more would mean success and the controller shut down makes you the poor stryder that dropped
    the soap in the bathroom.
  13. CMUchippewa Win User

    Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

    On a good note, I'm getting faster and faster at taking out my battery and restarting my controller before I die in Titanfall... I guess that's something.
  14. Saxo Appeal Win User

    Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

    Yes Microsoft really really need to strongly work on this fix and fast or it will lose customers
  15. AirShark Win User

    Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

    Happened to me for the first time playing Forza 5 today. No chat adapter connected. Firmware updates done when released. Eneloop batteries. So frustrating.
Thema:

Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

Loading...
  1. Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall - Similar Threads - Controller disconnects often

  2. Controllers constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

    in XboX Insiders
    Controllers constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've played with multiple controllers over the past 10 days and every one of them eventually keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting. It's incredibly frustrating. Has anyone else experienced...
  3. Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA

    in XboX Insiders
    Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA: I'm having an issue with Alpha Skip Ahead, possibly using a wired controller specifically the Wolverine V3 TE Edition. Sometimes during gameplay, it's sorta like the controller disconnects...
  4. Controllers randomly disconnecting

    in XboX Insiders
    Controllers randomly disconnecting: No matter what controller I try to play with it disconnects and then reconnects every minute or so. I am playing on an Xbox series x and wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem?...
  5. Xbox plugged in controllers keep disconnecting.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox plugged in controllers keep disconnecting.: Just wondering if there's a fix for this, its very frustrating. Everything is synced, updated, plugged in (obviously). I bought a new controller thinking my old one was broken, and that wasnt the...
  6. my Xbox controller keeps disconnecting and I’m sick of it

    in XboX Insiders
    my Xbox controller keeps disconnecting and I’m sick of it: i play Fortnite alot and everytime I get into any type of fight my controller disconnects randomly and doesnt reconnect until like 5 minutes later. im genuenly sick of this and im abt to switch to...
  7. Controller and headset disconnect

    in XboX Insiders
    Controller and headset disconnect: I have an Xbox series X, a basic white controller and a Hyper X cloud X wireless headset. From time to time whatever game I’m on starts getting extremely laggy and the audio very glitchy, and then...
  8. Xbox Controller Randomly Disconnecting?

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller Randomly Disconnecting?: I’ve had this problem for the past few weeks where my controller will sometimes randomly disconnect, and then reconnect. It’ll sometimes spam inputs as well such as using my d-pad or A-button when...
  9. My Controllers keep repeatedly disconnecting from my Xbox. Is it over?

    in XboX Insiders
    My Controllers keep repeatedly disconnecting from my Xbox. Is it over?: in the last few weeks or so, my controllers seem to be completely disconnecting on its own. Ive checked the batteries, replaced them, stood closer, plugged my xbox into the wall (not a power...
  10. Controller disconnects and headset crackles

    in XboX Insiders
    Controller disconnects and headset crackles: Anybody know a permanent fix for my problem? Trying different controllers and headsets yet the problem continues. Ive reset my console, downloaded latest firmware, enabled dolby atmos, manually...