Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

Discus and support Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since I cleared the MAC through the network settings (it will reboot your system automatically) I've played about 8 total hours over 3 days and have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TwistaStick, Mar 28, 2014.

  1. Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall


    Since I cleared the MAC through the network settings (it will reboot your system automatically) I've played about 8 total hours over 3 days and have not had one disconnect. This seems to have temporarily fixed the problem.

    Also, there is a second controller update coming to the X1 according to the following article:

    www.engadget.com/.../xbox-one-april-update-details

    Hopefully, this will remedy all of the headset adapter issues.
     
    TowableBadge689, Apr 5, 2014
    #16
  2. Exactly as Tezcatlipoca described.

    When I initially got the XB1 I played the crap out of BF4 with no issues. Even titanfall didn't give me an issue until I purchased the chat adapter for my Tritons and had to update my controllers.

    I have 2 controllers and both do the same thing after updating them. Awful noise through the headset and the system tells me it's disconnected even though the controller light is still on.
     
    BEEPO-8EB30E6F-3443-48C5-9E7E-75A9D884DA42, Apr 11, 2014
    #17
  3. 360 titanfall is the same. I also am having major disconnects throughout matches mostly when I do a melee or get hit by another players pilot or titan melee.

    I even wrote another page about it for 360 but it's more quiet than this one.

    Quoting:

    "It starts usually with you punching something. The controller will die and you find yourself trapped in an awkward fight afterwards that should have been an easy one two punch out. A few games later you're trying to eject and it once again dies leaving
    you one X tap away from blowing your titan to hell and taking your foe with you. Instead you are ripped limb from limb with a 'Please reconnect your controller' mocking you just under the blinking X button. Then afterwards slowly degrading until it's every
    single weapons fire, melee, special ability, Rodeo, you name it that has you punching down on the power button on your controller, taking out your battery, or desperately waiting for that now painfully slow reconnect as your comrades are yelling at you to
    do something. Only to reconnect only after being ripped to pieces or jump kicked to death by someone who instantly stops moving too and you see in the kill cam that he's pointing at the ground and bullets rip into him. His controller died too I would assume.

    This is a serious problem.

    I noticed that this issue is more widespread with Titanfall than just 360 as many have also mentioned it with their XBX1 as well. But can something be done so punching and attacking large groups doesn't cause one to just sit blankly as they try and resynchronize
    the controller after it turns itself off at the absolute worse time. I've tried multiple things to combat this but it's ridiculous that one can stop moving 8-12 times in a very intense game. I know for a fact it's not only me on the 360 as well as my friend
    has had a few of these controller shut downs and as I've said even some of the players I fight all stop moving for several seconds in ways that remind me of old Mechwarrior when someone overheated. Easy Prey to others but I just kinda pause myself and shake
    my head as I know exactly as he feels... and then promptly shoot him in the face. I mean I'm not stupid he'll attack me the moment he becomes reconnected to his character with a fiery passion.

    Some have mentioned this is a patch issue with Xbox but I am uncertain if A; The issue is the same for for XBX1 as it is for a XBX360R. B: has been resolved as the last post for it was on the thirtieth of last month (I'm a dumb one and didn't notice the
    three other pages), and C: If this has been resolved for the XBX1 then perhaps just a simple patch would fix this for 360 and such issues will not be so horribly prominent."

    Titanfall is a fun game but these sudden controller disconnects make it very hard keep enjoying it especially when you were in such a critical state that a little more would mean success and the controller shut down makes you the poor stryder that dropped
    the soap in the bathroom.
     
    TheGr8tHibiki, Apr 11, 2014
    #18
  4. shagg1984
    shagg1984 Guest

    Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

    Try no head set to the joypad at all, I'm having the same probe but gave this a try and no cut out of the joypad yet.
     
    shagg1984, Apr 21, 2014
    #19
  5. Same here. I'm using the Turtle Beach x42 headset and the chat adapter. It stays on but the screen reads it's disconnected. It happens to me during Titanfall and NBA 2K14 while playing coop with two controllers powerd on at the same time.
     
    Da Iron Thumb, Apr 23, 2014
    #20
  6. AirShark
    AirShark Guest
    Just to add to the crowd of screaming people:

    This happens ALL THE TIME when playing Titanfall.

    Happens on two separate controllers with/without chat adapter and Polk 4Shots attached.

    Happens with new or Eneloop rechargeable batteries.

    Never happened even once until the latest update. Played all the way through Ryse with no issue. Never an issue before playing Titanfall until the latest update.

    Its driving me freaking crazy!

    I was going to return the damn thing to Costco this week, but now that I've found this thread, it seems to be a systemissue. I'll give them a few months to fix this HUGE bug and if not, I'm off to Costco and then the land of Sony I think.

    Freaking ridiculous.
     
    AirShark, Apr 29, 2014
    #21
  7. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest
    When the game first came out, this happened to me quite often - at least once every play session, if I was playing for an hour or more.

    It hasn't happened to me in ages though, and I play this game a lot. The game itself has received an update, but the Xbox One dashboard and controller firmware has been updated too, so I don't know which one of those things fixed it, but something did. I
    use Eneloop rechargeable batteries, although I'm not sure the battery type would make any difference.

    It's probably been mentioned already, but has everyone updated their controller firmware? It has been updated twice - it was updated a second time when the last dashboard update was released, so if you haven't done it, give it a try and see if helps. I'm
    sure some of you have done that already and found it hasn't helped though, but it's worth mentioning.
     
    SigmaTheDJ, Apr 29, 2014
    #22
  8. Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

    I have the same issues when using the Turtle Beach headphones and my controller while playing TITANFALL. Several times during a game ( with a fully charged battery pack) I will hear a extremely loud buzzing through the headphones and the controller then
    disconnects. I then have to pull out the battery pack from the the controller and put it back in. The controller reconnects when I press A. This will then occur a few mores times during a match.
     
    SleeperCell6619, May 1, 2014
    #23
  9. AirShark
    AirShark Guest
    Happened to me for the first time playing Forza 5 today. No chat adapter connected. Firmware updates done when released. Eneloop batteries. So frustrating.
     
    AirShark, May 3, 2014
    #24
  10. Saxo Appeal
    Saxo Appeal Guest
    Guys just to let you know and to the OP

    This is a known issue and there is still no conformed fix unfortunately

    I've been through 4 controllers 3 Xbox ones and 3 play and charge kits

    The issue has happened while in lobby's and in different games

    Please fix this as this is the only issue that's REALLY annoying me
     
    Saxo Appeal, May 3, 2014
    #25
  11. my xbox one controllers disconnect during titan fall gameplay and nba2k like every 5 mins. so damn annoying

    ***.
     
    GetConcentrated, May 4, 2014
    #26
  12. AirShark
    AirShark Guest
    All I'm saying is that I'm glad I bought my XB1 at Costco. I have been an xbox owner since the first one and a Live member since the first beta. System bugs...ok...I don't like them, but it's a new console. Not being able to use a CONTROLLER with your
    $500 wunderbox? Not ok with me. Not that they'll care, but they're getting 5-6 months of waiting from me. After that, I'm taking it back to Costco for a refund. I HATE saying that because I love the XB consoles, but if such a fundamental capability is
    going to stay broken, I'm out.
     
    AirShark, May 5, 2014
    #27
  13. Saxo Appeal
    Saxo Appeal Guest

    Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

    Well said AirShark

    I'm giving Xbox some time then if the one thing that should work (controller >Console) isn't working then it's going back
     
    Saxo Appeal, May 5, 2014
    #28
  14. I have been having this same problem since I purchased my microsoft official stereo headset and done the software update! Does it on both of my games (Titanfall and Forza). I am on my second Xbox one and the problem is just getting worse! I get disconnected
    every 30 or so seconds and it is so frustrating that I have quit playing! It will only work if I have the controller plugged in to the USB port but the cable is about 10 feet short to use from my gaming chair. Ready to ditch this thing and move to a PS4 if
    this can't be remedied! Anyone have any luck fixing this?
     
    MACHINE GUN T, May 5, 2014
    #29
  15. Saxo Appeal
    Saxo Appeal Guest
    Yes Microsoft really really need to strongly work on this fix and fast or it will lose customers
     
    Saxo Appeal, May 5, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall

Loading...
  1. Controller disconnects often while playing Titanfall - Similar Threads - Controller disconnects often

  2. Controllers constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

    in XboX Insiders
    Controllers constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: I've played with multiple controllers over the past 10 days and every one of them eventually keeps disconnecting and then reconnecting. It's incredibly frustrating. Has anyone else experienced...
  3. Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA

    in XboX Insiders
    Momentary disconnection on wired controllers. ASA: I'm having an issue with Alpha Skip Ahead, possibly using a wired controller specifically the Wolverine V3 TE Edition. Sometimes during gameplay, it's sorta like the controller disconnects...
  4. Controllers randomly disconnecting

    in XboX Insiders
    Controllers randomly disconnecting: No matter what controller I try to play with it disconnects and then reconnects every minute or so. I am playing on an Xbox series x and wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem?...
  5. Xbox plugged in controllers keep disconnecting.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox plugged in controllers keep disconnecting.: Just wondering if there's a fix for this, its very frustrating. Everything is synced, updated, plugged in (obviously). I bought a new controller thinking my old one was broken, and that wasnt the...
  6. my Xbox controller keeps disconnecting and I’m sick of it

    in XboX Insiders
    my Xbox controller keeps disconnecting and I’m sick of it: i play Fortnite alot and everytime I get into any type of fight my controller disconnects randomly and doesnt reconnect until like 5 minutes later. im genuenly sick of this and im abt to switch to...
  7. Controller and headset disconnect

    in XboX Insiders
    Controller and headset disconnect: I have an Xbox series X, a basic white controller and a Hyper X cloud X wireless headset. From time to time whatever game I’m on starts getting extremely laggy and the audio very glitchy, and then...
  8. Xbox Controller Randomly Disconnecting?

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller Randomly Disconnecting?: I’ve had this problem for the past few weeks where my controller will sometimes randomly disconnect, and then reconnect. It’ll sometimes spam inputs as well such as using my d-pad or A-button when...
  9. My Controllers keep repeatedly disconnecting from my Xbox. Is it over?

    in XboX Insiders
    My Controllers keep repeatedly disconnecting from my Xbox. Is it over?: in the last few weeks or so, my controllers seem to be completely disconnecting on its own. Ive checked the batteries, replaced them, stood closer, plugged my xbox into the wall (not a power...
  10. Controller disconnects and headset crackles

    in XboX Insiders
    Controller disconnects and headset crackles: Anybody know a permanent fix for my problem? Trying different controllers and headsets yet the problem continues. Ive reset my console, downloaded latest firmware, enabled dolby atmos, manually...