Controller Connection Issues

Discus and support Controller Connection Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently moved to an area where the WiFi isn't as strong as I'm used to, but I've run into some seriously annoying issues with my Xbox. My controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Call Me Barrett, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Controller Connection Issues

I recently moved to an area where the WiFi isn't as strong as I'm used to, but I've run into some seriously annoying issues with my Xbox. My controller can be used to turn the console on and RARELY play games, but generally, when the console is turned on,
    the controller LED will turn solid white instead of the dim white when it's normally connected and used.

If I go to my network settings when this is happening, my NAT changes from open to closed to strict and then the controller de-syncs and turns off. This happens even when used with an android cable or play and charge kit. The controller works perfectly fine
    when connected (ran diagnostic when connected) and my Xbox has been checked by Microsoft three times with no issues detected. I've also changed controllers a few times.

The worst part is, the area I'm in only has one ISP and the package I got is the highest they offer.

Anyone have an idea as to what's causing this problem, have had this issue before, or does anyone have a solution? I have a video if that helps.

(Yes I've reset my modem/router, hard reset my Xbox, tried a different IP, and yes I've tried turning it off and on again lol)

:)

Call Me Barrett, Dec 29, 2015
  2. NCC1701dv
    NCC1701dv Guest
    controller connection issues

I have 4 controllers that worked percfetly for 12 months, no issues. That was until I was forced to download the latest update when I signed in to my xbox live. Both USB & wireless connection kept telling me my controller is randomly disconnectioning, I
    switch back & forth between normal batteries & the battery pack that came with the controllers. I got 4 more brand new controllers & the problem still there. It's not the controllers, not any of the batteries or the connections. Its the software update I got,
    this problem doesn't exsist during Borderlands 2 game but it does exsist during all my other game play. Everyone needs to make xbox aware of this problem since I am not seeing a forum on the real cause. I have already sent a message to them.

NCC1701dv, Dec 29, 2015
  3. controller connection issues

Make sure to press the connect/sync button on the console and then within 20 seconds press and hold the connect/sync button on the controller. Ensure that the controller is within a few feet of the Xbox 360 you are trying to connect to. If that doesn't
    work, try and change batteries, using a different controller battery pack, or try a rechargeable battery pack (if you have one). Please let us know if this fixes your problem.

eG x Thee Elf, Dec 29, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Controller Connection Issues